Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

My least favorite LOD: “guest service, go to 4.”
me: “on 4”
LOD: “what is the problem?”
me: explains clear policy break and scammy behavior
LOD: okay, but you can probably figure out how to override that and make it right anyway.
We must work at the same store LOL.

Yup, hate this shit. If I'm asking you to come up here, come up here. If it'll be a few minutes, okay, I get it. You are running the whole damn store, I get it and don't really envy you. But I'm one of your workcenters too. Come up here when you get a chance and get this guest off my back.

If you don't want to deal with guests like this moving forward, LOD, then come back me up so that the scamguest gets it that we're not bending. It'll trickle down to the rest.

Yesterday was just miserable and I have to just wonder what the heck happened. First of all, there was the global issue at guest services which meant no returns were accepted. A guest was also upset because she wasn't allowed to buy a street-dated Funko toy. A couple of guests were also unhappy to hear that we were not price-matching to Target.com and they could not buy the toys they wanted at the online price. One of the above guests was so upset and disgusted that she decided to drop everything and not buy any of her other items as well. In addition, we had a lot of new seasonal cashiers training, which coupled with the lack of veteran cashiers scheduled, meant that I had to run back and forth from my register to help the new cashiers with WIC, tax-exempt, etc.
The closing self-checkout team member also called out, which caused even more chaos. The only thing I can say is I wish we had more veteran cashiers scheduled alongside the seasonal cashiers to answer their questions and help them. The GSA/GSTLs are usually too busy to be around the registers and it let to guests waiting on lines that were longer than usual.
Sorry for the rant, but I just wanted to let off some steam because yesterday was even worse than any other day when we need back-up due to lack of hours for the front end.

issue that i’ve been having is it says “unable to do return at this time” or something like that and give the k3 option of try no receipt return. obviously i could override the refund back, but most guests don’t want to give their ID if they have receipt. with the phone receipt or paper receipt, it has been asking for a vcd and there’s no way to get around that screen without having a vcd. calling as the only team member at guest service is getting tiring with the line almost to the door and no one able to come back up, so hopefully it’s taken care of soon.

it doesn't count against their limit if you do k8 override (at least according to my GE), so if you explain that to the guest it should be fine.

that was a global issue and should be fixed already

I just had the issue tonight with online order returns with packing slip :s “unable to lookup receipt” or something and then gave options for cancel or no receipt return. I wasn’t working at GS during the previous outage we had, only read about it from this thread so i was like GRRR and had to override it lol

Random question, when the cart attendant calls out at the store you've worked at, who has covered for them if any other cart attendants could not make it? Today, our closing cart attendant called out and the GSTL asked me to extend to cover. I was already at 40 hours so I would have to cut my Saturday shift. Unfortunately, I opened this morning and I was pretty tired by the time I clocked out at 4:30 PM and to be honest, I would rather work my scheduled cashier shift indoors compared to working in the cold until midnight tonight. It seemed like there was no other front end team member willing to collect carts, which put the entire store in a tough situation.

Has it ever come to guests having to retrieve their own carts? I can't imagine that guests would be pleased with that and I assume some (many?) of them would complain to the LOD/STL. I have filled in for cart attendant shifts in the past few months, but I already extended last night to close and if I can't hit overtime, I would rather be indoors cashiering as opposed to working as a cart attendant.

Random question, when the cart attendant calls out at the store you've worked at, who has covered for them if any other cart attendants could not make it? Today, our closing cart attendant called out and the GSTL asked me to extend to cover. I was already at 40 hours so I would have to cut my Saturday shift. Unfortunately, I opened this morning and I was pretty tired by the time I clocked out at 4:30 PM and to be honest, I would rather work my scheduled cashier shift indoors compared to working in the cold until midnight tonight. It seemed like there was no other front end team member willing to collect carts, which put the entire store in a tough situation.

Has it ever come to guests having to retrieve their own carts? I can't imagine that guests would be pleased with that and I assume some (many?) of them would complain to the LOD/STL. I have filled in for cart attendant shifts in the past few months, but I already extended last night to close and if I can't hit overtime, I would rather be indoors cashiering as opposed to working as a cart attendant.
Hate to say it, but your GSTL/LOD will probably tell you or one of the cashiers to go get those carts. If not certified to use the quikart machine, 7 at the most by hand at a time for safety purposes.

Hate to say it, but your GSTL/LOD will probably tell you or one of the cashiers to go get those carts. If not certified to use the quikart machine, 7 at the most by hand at a time for safety purposes.
I thought it was the responsibility of the ETL's to get the carts is there is no one available? That does not mean they will step up to the plate.

I thought it was the responsibility of the ETL's to get the carts is there is no one available? That does not mean they will step up to the plate.

I really doubt that unfortunately at least around here. The word of delegation of tasks, is all they know. From the DTL all the way down to the TL.

Might be ASANTS. Maybe you have ETL's who pitch in and help with recovery. Consider yourselves lucky if you do.

I really doubt that unfortunately at least around here. The word of delegation of tasks, is all they know. From the DTL all the way down to the TL.

Might be ASANTS. Maybe you have ETL's who pitch in and help with recovery. Consider yourselves lucky if you do.
There have been several discussions regarding the responsibilty of collecting carts by the ETL's is there is no available person to do so. Maybe @Kartman can enlighten us.

Have any of you had an issue with order pickups where an item or two will show in a hold location and another item will show as ready for pickup, but unlocated?

It’s happened a few times and we’ve found the item somewhere else in the closet once or twice, but other times we’ve been forced to cancel the order. I searched through every single hold location for an order tonight and the other night and the only option we could come up with was to apologize and cancel that item since it was not in stock.

Have any of you had an issue with order pickups where an item or two will show in a hold location and another item will show as ready for pickup, but unlocated?

It’s happened a few times and we’ve found the item somewhere else in the closet once or twice, but other times we’ve been forced to cancel the order. I searched through every single hold location for an order tonight and the other night and the only option we could come up with was to apologize and cancel that item since it was not in stock.
Order inquiry it and find out who did it, ask them

We can't finish a batch without the items being scanned into a hold location. If they're not in a location, that's an ePick or myGO issue.
Yeah we called it in once and CSC couldn’t give us an answer. It happened a few times months ago and our one backroom TM remembered picking the order, but did not remember picking the item that had no location, so we assumed glitch. There was no issue with it for awhile and then it has recently popped up again. It’s frustrating.

Random question, when the cart attendant calls out at the store you've worked at, who has covered for them if any other cart attendants could not make it?

Has it ever come to guests having to retrieve their own carts? I can't imagine that guests would be pleased with that and I assume some (many?) of them would complain to the LOD/STL.

God no. Guests will never have to retrieve their own carts. If your STL gives a damn, they'd hit the roof. At my store it depends on who's available and how busy it is. Myself, a SrTL and 1 other reliable ETL would blitz a few rows of carts. Together we could get the corrals at both entrances half filled within 15 mins. If I didn't have their help then I'd pull off 2 cashiers and have them do it.

Currently you can search by order number in myHelp.
DPCI searching will be available post peak
Interesting! I really wish they sent real communication on this stuff. I knew it was coming but didn’t hear anything about it. Makes no sense in MyHelp. Why wouldn’t it be in my go or epick?

Interesting! I really wish they sent real communication on this stuff. I knew it was coming but didn’t hear anything about it. Makes no sense in MyHelp. Why wouldn’t it be in my go or epick?
This.... it should be in MyGo...

also what the heck kinda name is MyGo. why not MyOPU or MyPickup or whatever

*Snorts* I'm a low volume store, and we usually run out of carts before the cart attendant is scheduled, which is usually at 5 PM. Our LODs will call over the walkie that they're going to get carts and who would like to help. Normally that'll get TMs moving when they've ignored the GSAs calls about it. Cart Attendant also has to juggle trash, carts, and reshop. Which again, they don't start until 5 usually so reshop is terrible by the time they get in.

Back