Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

we don't even HAVE spiderwraps at our guest service desk
THIS. I have magnets for removing spiders, but I rarely get items that are already wrapped in order to reclaim those wraps for anything else. They're stored in the back room, and GSA/GSTL grabs them out of the cashier's bins(along with yellow hangtags) and takes them back there pretty frequently, so they don't get to the desk through that vector, either. What I do get is DVD cases, and I frankly don't understand why those aren't being collected at the same time as the spiders and yellow hangtags.

I don't see many of the liquor sleeves anymore. Not sure what happened there.

We don’t even keep spider wraps at guest service. If for whatever reason some come up like from the checklane reshop they go into electronics’ reshop bin and they take them. So if we ever do have any it’s not for long.

I don’t expect my GS team to know every single item that’s merch protected in some way but I do expect them to use common sense. If they don’t protect or wrap a $100 dollar LEGO set I’m not gonna be upset. I do expect them to use common sense and use their best judgment on expensive items, especially electronics. I wouldn’t get mad over some legos but I would get mad if I found a $200 nest thermostat in reshop. The reason I like all my GSTMs to do their best protecting our merch is because it’s not always the electronics TM doing the electrocns reshop so who’s to say he/she doesn’t put that $200 nest on the floor? Who’s to say it doesn’t get stolen? You want multiple lines of defense when it come to protecting merch and I’m sure your AP will appreciate it.

Anyone who works salesfloor should learn from service desk how to do rewraps, defectives, etc. so they aren’t dumping that responsibility on guest services. Making guest services do extra stuff outside their roles isn’t them being a team player by handling it. You’re putting them behind on their work, and they probably resent that a bit after a while since you should be fully capable of doing it yourself.

Yes. Yes. YES

I recently put in my two weeks because of this bullshit. So tired of walking into a shift with 10 carts of defectives because the overnight team and sales floor team members are too fucking lazy or are just taught to dump everything at guest service cause ya know, we have nothing to do but stand there, right??? Not to mention the ETL GE being a prick and demanding to know why I can't finish everything (my own damn self by the way because him and bffl STL are too fucking cheap to scehdule more than one person per shift). So yes DEFECT YOUR OWN CRAP. And don't leave rotten food and QMOS in a cart over night for the openers to deal with.

Please and thank you.

Def ASANTS.
Our service desk has a bin for security devices AND a magnetic key.
Any time there's a high-dollar return they'll check with the dept to see if it needs protection.
Our experienced GSTMs can wrap like pros & nothing high-dollar leaves without a wrap unless it goes right into the hands of the person picking up strays.

Def ASANTS.
Our service desk has a bin for security devices AND a magnetic key.
Any time there's a high-dollar return they'll check with the dept to see if it needs protection.
Our experienced GSTMs can wrap like pros & nothing high-dollar leaves without a wrap unless it goes right into the hands of the person picking up strays.
AP taught most GSTMs to spiderwrap. If we send a Dyson out unwrapped, we get to have a chat with them.

Also at my store opening and having to sort and defect 2-5 carts from overnight is the norm.

Beauty processes their own rewraps (which you can do from any hip printer, btw) and defectives and I'm gonna ask my GE if we can make that a softlines responsibility too. They have a tendency to just drop a basket or cart full of defectives at our guest service desk right at the end of the night, which turns my green close into a very bright red. It's part of the Beauty team's closing routine to process all their defectives and sort their reshop at guest services and I see no reason why Softlines (which is a much bigger team) can't do the same.
In my store, softlines and hardlines are responsible for their defectives and rewraps. It doesn't mean that I have not found a basket left on our counter of defectives.

We don't do any rewraps/Spider'ing at my store's GS.
We call for Electronics to come get their stuff, and Beauty/Cosmetics gets their stuff from reshop, which we dump on empty lanes near GS. Hopefully none of that stuff is expensive but they're usually pretty fast at coming to get their own stuff.

They also are very good at doing their own defectives/EISM B&S and that's why I love them.

make sure my clean, organized service desk looks that way for the opener.
Can you transfer to my store, please?

When I open GS in the AM, shit is a mess from the lazy closer. When I come in midday and work through close, the lazy opener hasn't done shit for the day; their Salvage is overflowing, they have 200 bottles of ESIM B&S just sitting on the ledge with no label.

There's no winning for me. Sometimes I think I'm the only one who does anything by the book there.

Can you transfer to my store, please?

When I open GS in the AM, shit is a mess from the lazy closer. When I come in midday and work through close, the lazy opener hasn't done shit for the day; their Salvage is overflowing, they have 200 bottles of ESIM B&S just sitting on the ledge with no label.

There's no winning for me. Sometimes I think I'm the only one who does anything by the book there.
I hear you and if I come in to a mess I let my leader know. Part of working GS is keeping it brand.

At night the lods do a sweep of the store for any misplaced items or trash and then leave it at GS.
Whoof. Glad they don't do that here, GS would really hate softlines. If there's so much at the end of the night that we don't have time to unload it at GS, it sits in a cart with the found hardlines items in the aisle for the next day's shifts to take up.

Whoof. Glad they don't do that here, GS would really hate softlines. If there's so much at the end of the night that we don't have time to unload it at GS, it sits in a cart with the found hardlines items in the aisle for the next day's shifts to take up.
The one thing we stopped is doing all of Softlines defectives. They used to leave carts that we had to process. Now they do that on their own.

I think they gave our defectives to GS because they have us stretched so thin we simply couldn't get it done on top of everything else. When there's not enough manpower to finish all the morning push by closing on a regular basis, torn underwear packages go by the wayside.

I think they gave our defectives to GS because they have us stretched so thin we simply couldn't get it done on top of everything else. When there's not enough manpower to finish all the morning push by closing on a regular basis, torn underwear packages go by the wayside.
Many GS departments are stretched thin as there are generally one opener and one closer. Guest services is there to service the guest and not become the stores dumping ground. There are times when I have a continual line for an hour at a time. This on top of all the multi-tasking that happens with the various tasks that need to be completed.

Back