Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I hope so too and agree re order lookup.

I also hope this software does away with Online Item yellow stickers. if the register knows how much it is (to print the sticker), why does it need the sticker?
Probably because the item will not scan on price scanners, when someone returns online only items the yellow sticker printed is similar to a repackage sticker. If you scan the original barcode the price will be higher and the only place you can scan it is in an active transaction. my work, price inquiry, and guest price scanners will say item not found.

So, when people return things with a gift receipt I have the option to put it on any credit card... This seems like a loophole since guests are only supposed to get a gift card? Do you commonly use this feature or offer to your guests? I've mostly ignored it...

Last edited:
So, when people return things with a gift receipt I have the option to put it on any credit card... This seems like a loophole since guests are only supposed to get a gift card? Do you commonly use this feature or offer to your guests? I've mostly ignored it until now...
I think the option is there as an emergency override... don't use it without instruction from GSTL, and don't offer it to guests

I also hope this software does away with Online Item yellow stickers. if the register knows how much it is (to print the sticker), why does it need the sticker?
Because online items take up space on clearance endcaps and are supposed to get marked down each time Pricing passes through the endcap where the item is so that the items get out the door ASAP.

Because when a guest finds it on the floor I cannot tell them the price until after the sticker is printed. Take pity on the sales floor TMs that don't have a printer handy and would have to tell a guest the price is unknown.

Because when a guest finds it on the floor I cannot tell them the price until after the sticker is printed. Take pity on the sales floor TMs that don't have a printer handy and would have to tell a guest the price is unknown.
No no I meant why can’t mywork show the price from t.com/our marked down price.

@mobilelady @taytay any update on getting zebras the latest version of the target app? The one on there is reallt starting to break down now, and heaven forbid mywork get large photos and a size selector.

I literally now use MyCheckout to check stock because it has large photos, a size and color selector, and gives me floor, BR, on hand counts. Mywork should have all that too.

I was told cash office will now be a 30 minute process. Which will eliminate the CO position if your store still has a designated tm.

It is way faster. Instead of going over cash office hours, the TMs are under and they use the time to do whatever is needed. Zone Bullseye, push, opening cashier...

So our CO people are still getting the same hours, they are just doing different tasks.

It is way faster. Instead of going over cash office hours, the TMs are under and they use the time to do whatever is needed. Zone Bullseye, push, opening cashier...

So our CO people are still getting the same hours, they are just doing different tasks.

My store takes hours to get done. Every day there is a different excuse as to why it took until 10 am.

Probably because the item will not scan on price scanners, when someone returns online only items the yellow sticker printed is similar to a repackage sticker. If you scan the original barcode the price will be higher and the only place you can scan it is in an active transaction. my work, price inquiry, and guest price scanners will say item not found.
I’m confused on why online only items aren’t immediately backstocked in the online only section of the backroom. I know my store has 3-4 aisles in the back dedicated to online only items. So shouldn’t any item that is “online only” just be backstocked there and used to fulfill future orders?

Slowly it's a challenge. It's not a matter of just pushing the new apk. There are a lot of background services that need to be updated that if they are, might break other apps.
Ok just glad they’re working on it. Also, if you have a way of reporting big photos and size/color selector on mywork that would be great. Mostly size and color selector. I think that would help everyone

I’m confused on why online only items aren’t immediately backstocked in the online only section of the backroom. I know my store has 3-4 aisles in the back dedicated to online only items. So shouldn’t any item that is “online only” just be backstocked there and used to fulfill future orders?
Seriously?.... that’s kind of smart but I’ve never heard of a store doing that

Seriously?.... that’s kind of smart but I’ve never heard of a store doing that
We have the online only/web only aisles in our back room too but the only stuff that’s in there are items we received specifically for SFS purposes

Yeah, if an item has been returned (eg. been opened) then it would be treated like a repackage, which makes sense.

However, our leaders really need to do a better job of letting people know what to do with the online items for SFS. I came across three boxes of an online only item dumped on a bottom shelf, one of them opened. They were in brown cardboard, no labels, so clearly meant to be sold online, but whoever got them as freight or whatever couldn't be arsed to ask what to do with them so they just dumped them.

And our "online only" backroom section is primarily shoes and baby softlines, and the shelves aren't even set to give enough clearance to stock items back there, so I guess it's a work in progress.

When do you need to undefect labels? If we print more than one accidently, we just throw it out or put 2 on the item iff it's salvage.

When do you need to undefect labels? If we print more than one accidently, we just throw it out or put 2 on the item iff it's salvage.
That would be the exact reason....? Think about how often that happened over a year. Your inventory and shortage would be terrible if you did that with high priced items for all the time.

Has anyone seen this upcoming weeks ad? For the first time, $5 GC w $25 household is automatic, no coupon needed!

hopefully this is a permanent change and means a lot less of applying missed coupons at GS.

(It always used to be NUMBER of items (buy any three) was automatic, but COST of items (buy $25) needed a coupon)

Back