Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

How do you guys put up the weekly ad/flyer at your store?

We have 2 entrances that need the weekly ad hung up at my store, and the process is so time consuming because we use these stupid magnets and have to put 2+ copies of the ad on each side to cover the ugly torn up board behind it. I asked our GE and he said he’s not able to order a new one. Anyone do anything for the ad at their store that makes it less painful to put up??
Our service desk closer saturday night usually preps it when she has time and then does our entrances at like 10:30. It is time consuming, so as long as she preps it, we can get a cashier or cart attendant to do at least one entrance for us.

Yeah, we prep ours during lulls at the desk. It takes me 5 minutes or less to prep, and maybe 10 to pull down the old ad and put up the new. But our magnet strip holders are in decent shape and I only have one entrance to deal with.

Yeah, we prep ours during lulls at the desk. It takes me 5 minutes or less to prep, and maybe 10 to pull down the old ad and put up the new. But our magnet strip holders are in decent shape and I only have one entrance to deal with.
I would love to hear about these magnet strip holders since we use like the individual white magnets that have to be pulled off with a peg puller

I would love to hear about these magnet strip holders since we use like the individual white magnets that have to be pulled off with a peg puller
Some stores have an actual ad board with strips to hold the ad in place. Older stores have an ad case that’s magnetic like a fridge.

Tons of guest complaints at my store about no checklanes open in the morning and having to use SCO. So many that orders came from DTL that a register must always be open and manned from now on, no exceptions.

When I open, I have to watch SCO and run the register next to SCO until another cashier comes in.

Some stores have an actual ad board with strips to hold the ad in place. Older stores have an ad case that’s magnetic like a fridge.
Wow... we have the fridge one lol :/ I wonder if it’s maybe possible to order the one with magnet strips or if they’re planning on giving one to any store that doesn’t have one?? Cause we couldn’t order the backing for the old one we have even though it’s extremely torn up and ugly

Wow... we have the fridge one lol :/ I wonder if it’s maybe possible to order the one with magnet strips or if they’re planning on giving one to any store that doesn’t have one?? Cause we couldn’t order the backing for the old one we have even though it’s extremely torn up and ugly
It sounds like it’d be a PMT thing... maybe ask them?

We were told to offer a copy of the ad to the guest if they asked about it, or to educate them about the app, but honestly I can't remember a single guest asking where the board went.
I would recycle at least 80% of our Ad every week

Wish that happened at my store they don’t schedule a cashier until at least 2 hours after the store opens
That is such BS. The push from Corporate is to be guest friendly and make it right for the guest. So they don't allocate hours to have a cashier? I hate hypocrisy.

When I open, I have to watch SCO and run the register next to SCO until another cashier comes in.

Yeah, my store does that too. Gets a little dicey by 8:15 when you're running a register and all of the SCO are being used at the same time. Absolutely no way to monitor for theft when you can't see over the wall!

That's one of the things my store was doing to save payroll. The new mandate is that there must always be at least three TMs in the front a SCO, a cashier, and someone at the service desk. It's definitely better for early morning guests, but since it reallocates a couple of cashier hours from the mid-day it will likely lead to more guest first calls.

Baby welcome kits go back to being ordered on SAP and no longer require RFID.... for the love of god please make up your mind target 😂
How did you find this out??! XD I’m glad though because every time they came in we would run out the first day we had them :/

Tons of guest complaints at my store about no checklanes open in the morning and having to use SCO. So many that orders came from DTL that a register must always be open and manned from now on, no exceptions.
Well that happened once, I was the opening self-checkout team member and there were no cashiers until 45 minutes after the store opened. I can't understand how it even came to guest complaints before your DTL mandated that a register must always be open. Thankfully, the times when there are no cashiers don't seem to happen all that much at my store.

Back