Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

pretty sure it came down from the district for us to continue checking ID. i don’t see the big deal though. the email literally says, “please bring a valid ID, such as driver’s license or passport,” so it’s not like being asked should come as a surprise to the guests.
After dealing with 20 p/u orders today, I can tell you 95% of the guests do not read their emails. I had a guest come in to pick up an order, which I couldn't find in MyGo. I asked if she had an order number or if she even got an email letting her know her order was ready... the answer was no to both. I had a lady who got pissy with me because she did not have ID and did not have her barcode.

I can live with all of it except the last one. That is the stupidest thing ever. So much missed salv is going to end back up on the shelf and it’s gonna take so much longer to salv out other Items. Not to mention online items and clearance stickers aren’t gonna get put on. This is going to be a mess, they don’t even think before they do these things v
They clearly have not worked GS

Today I had to explain to an elderly couple how Target wasn’t stealing money from them for over fifteen minutes.

They bought detergent/fabric softener which gives them a $5 gc. Since the receipt doesn’t say “STORE COUPON .... $5.00” directly underneath the “PROMO GIFTCARD” at the bottom of the receipt anymore and takes off a portion of each item to add up to the $5, they thought they were being charged for a giftcard.

I kept telling them that their subtotal was based off of the full price of the items and not the “discount price.” They wouldn’t stop responding with “So Target is saying we’re getting a discount of five dollars but really, we aren’t.” I have no idea how many times I had to repeat: “Neither do the ads, signs, or POS say you get a discount, they say you get a $5 gc. You buy these items for regular price and because you buy them, we give you a gc. We “charge” you a $5 gc but we give you coupons that add up to $5 to offset it. We aren’t charging you $5 and we’re not giving you $5 for no reason.”

After 15/20 minutes with them, they decided to return all of their items and add up their own total. At the end, the husband turns around and tells me they were being overcharged three cents in tax but he’ll be nice and not demand them from me.

Thought I was going to have an aneurysm.

After dealing with 20 p/u orders today, I can tell you 95% of the guests do not read their emails. I had a guest come in to pick up an order, which I couldn't find in MyGo. I asked if she had an order number or if she even got an email letting her know her order was ready... the answer was no to both. I had a lady who got pissy with me because she did not have ID and did not have her barcode.
Did you mean to put pickup? We shouldn’t be using mygo anymore

This is now what you get when you defect an return item straight through POS at the time of return: View attachment 7916

So then you have to either defect through zebra right away or put it in a bin to do later. Time saved: none.
Set your printers to ZPL* and reconnect them and see if that fixes it, that’s what someone on reddit said lol

Anyone else noticed that the value of items when doing no receipt returns has been drastically reduced? I was working GS yesterday and everyone who wanted to no receipt return ended up keeping the item because they didn’t want that small amount they were getting back.
yeah, not for every single item, but there’s been a few and i’ve had to do a double take because there’s no way it has ever been that low.

Anyone else noticed that the value of items when doing no receipt returns has been drastically reduced? I was working GS yesterday and everyone who wanted to no receipt return ended up keeping the item because they didn’t want that small amount they were getting back.
Yes, and I have had to do some adjustments up. There is no way a brand new $30 item has been $4. We tell them they will get the lowest sale price within 90 days, the prices showing within the past week have been way too low.

I use mygo at my store if i'm struggling to find the order in pickup (it will show if it's at another store) I also use it to print receipts for a lot of my guests who prefer a paper copy.
Did you mean to put pickup? We shouldn’t be using mygo anymore

Yes! I was so confused. A $40 item and you’re getting $3 back?? Made no sense at all. My GSTLs said we couldn’t do anything about it. Really hard to say “you always get the lowest price it’s sold for in the past 90 days and I guess that’s what it is” with a straight face

I think I had that last week for a guest returning a stuffed animal she ordered online. She paid about $14 for it, but when I attempted the no-receipt return since the electronic receipt wouldn't work, the return price came up as $3, which was definitely too low for the item. Eventually, the proper price came up when I put in the UPC code, but even that took a couple of tries, as the first two times the $3 return price came up the same as when I scanned the barcode.

Today I had to explain to an elderly couple how Target wasn’t stealing money from them for over fifteen minutes. They bought detergent/fabric softener which gives them a $5 gc. Since the receipt doesn’t say “STORE COUPON .... $5.00” directly underneath the “PROMO GIFTCARD” at the bottom of the receipt anymore and takes off a portion of each item to add up to the $5, they thought they were being charged for a giftcard. I kept telling them that their subtotal was based off of the full price of the items and not the “discount price.” They wouldn’t stop responding with “So Target is saying we’re getting a discount of five dollars but really, we aren’t.” I have no idea how many times I had to repeat: “Neither do the ads, signs, or POS say you get a discount, they say you get a $5 gc. You buy these items for regular price and because you buy them, we give you a gc. We “charge” you a $5 gc but we give you coupons that add up to $5 to offset it. We aren’t charging you $5 and we’re not giving you $5 for no reason.” After 15/20 minutes with them, they decided to return all of their items and add up their own total. At the end, the husband turns around and tells me they were being overcharged three cents in tax but he’ll be nice and not demand them from me.
Thought I was going to have an aneurysm.

For older guests, tell them that the promotional gift card - which becomes active once the sale is finished - is how Target got rid of those old-school mail-in rebates. Anyone here remember those and what a hassle they were?

For older guests, tell them that the promotional gift card - which becomes active once the sale is finished - is how Target got rid of those old-school mail-in rebates. Anyone here remember those and what a hassle they were?
Omg, yeah. Great explanation but someone may have to teach the younger crowd so they can offer the explanation.

Back