Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I may be extremely late to the train but I just noticed a few days ago that if you scan someone’s cartwheel barcode and they forgot to add their redcard and they go in and add their card after you can just scan it again and it’ll add the payment rather than saying “cartwheel savings already applied to transaction” so yee haw..
It's about time. There's hardly a day on SCO where I don't have to re-ring someone because of this. And the guests are seldom appreciative.

also coming soon to all stores... fitting room phone is moving to GS... we're now the store operator (however, calls will auto direct to appropriate mydevices, but we have to answer any call that rings back or anyone who hits the button for operator)
I don't see this lasting long, especially when a cranky and overtaxed me gets my hands on it. <Burly Russian voice> "Hello, is Kremlin. Vladimir cannot come to phone now. Please leave message at tone. BEEP."

also coming soon to all stores... fitting room phone is moving to GS... we're now the store operator (however, calls will auto direct to appropriate mydevices, but we have to answer any call that rings back or anyone who hits the button for operator)

OMG please let this be an ASANTS thing! Please! I tell you, working GS is a huge lesson in prioritization of tasks. multi-tasking, and time management. If you can rock the desk then you are amazing!!

OMG please let this be an ASANTS thing! Please! I tell you, working GS is a huge lesson in prioritization of tasks. multi-tasking, and time management. If you can rock the desk then you are amazing!!
It's about time. There's hardly a day on SCO where I don't have to re-ring someone because of this. And the guests are seldom appreciative.

I don't see this lasting long, especially when a cranky and overtaxed me gets my hands on it. <Burly Russian voice> "Hello, is Kremlin. Vladimir cannot come to phone now. Please leave message at tone. BEEP."
Sadly according to my PMT all stores are getting it when the mydevice phone update rolls out to your store (sign in to specific workcenter in phone app)

Now if you could actually get into the system and record that as an outgoing message, that would be epic. :D

I can't see how it could work.
If it were to happen in my store a lot of those calls would not be picked up. Often there is only one person multi-tasking and we don't have time to answer a phone call when we have a line of people returning and doing OPU's. It would make more sense for the person covering OPU to handle the calls than the SD.

My gs would freak out, depending on who is working in gs.
We did lol... eventually all stores will have it per PMT
If it were to happen in my store a lot of those calls would not be picked up. Often there is only one person multi-tasking and we don't have time to answer a phone call when we have a line of people returning and doing OPU's. It would make more sense for the person covering OPU to handle the calls than the SD.
at my store we all kinda do everything, who’s scheduled for OPU doesn’t reallt matter

I can't see how it could work.
Theoretically there shouldn’t be any calls to the operator. The option for an operator is already gone and only rings on the fitting room phone if no one answers the mydevice after a minute. With the new update you will be signing in as specific departments and more people will be allowed to sign in (that second part I think I read) but as long as someone answers the device then it will never ring at GS.

Looks like my store is rolling this out next week. There was a sign next to the timeclock about how to answer phone calls on the MyDevice. I no longer get scheduled at GS and am working out my last couple weeks so I didn't bother to read it.

Yeah, if my leaders ever gave me time to look at Workbench, which is a small part of why I'm leaving. Hopefully some of you have better luck in that regard.

Yeah, if my leaders ever gave me time to look at Workbench, which is a small part of why I'm leaving. Hopefully some of you have better luck in that regard.
If you want something specific from workbench I would definitely ask your lead to print it off for you next time they use the computer!!

please follow up with your leader and tell them that you aren't comfortable working carts. if i've called you in before to do carts and you've said yes without complaint, i'd just assume you're cool with doing it. i'm sure it won't be a problem, just talk to your leader.
I didn't want to have to do this, but I did talk to my leader about not feeling comfortable working carts but I was still put in on the new schedule to close on one day and open self-checkout the next day. I pointed out that on the schedule and he said that he will take me off for that night. I didn't have a lot of time to talk with this about him, and he might have interpreted this to be more about clopening than carts, I will see what happens afterwards with regards to being scheduled for cart attendant.

Is there anything we can do about the coupon scammers who buy everything with cash except for like 75 cents on their card so they can do card lookup and we can't see what coupons they used? Is there any way to justify a return denial (I know our policy gives us the right, but I meant justifying it to the guest). Or do we just kind of have to go with it? They're effectively cashing out coupons (since they're getting cash back, only pennies on their card), which is coupon fraud & illegal, but we obviously can't accuse.

One guest today literally told me "this is my business" [as in what she does for a living].

Y'all know I'm the first to deny a scammer but even I just don't see how to justify this one. It doesn't help that the particular guest I'm thinking of is extremely rude and will cause a scene if they don't get what they want. I could do the whole “oh my computer isn’t working let me call a manager” which will get them scared and they’ll probably leave, but now that we’re guest advocates, that feels like a cop out— we should resolve our own issues.

Last edited:
Is there anything we can do about the coupon scammers who buy everything with cash except for like 75 cents on their card so they can do card lookup and we can't see what coupons they used? Is there any way to justify a return denial (I know our policy gives us the right, but I meant justifying it to the guest). Or do we just kind of have to go with it? They're effectively cashing out coupons (since they're getting cash back, only pennies on their card), which is coupon fraud & illegal, but we obviously can't accuse.

One guest today literally told me "this is my business" [as in what she does for a living].

Y'all know I'm the first to deny a scammer but even I just don't see how to justify this one. It doesn't help that the particular guest I'm thinking of is extremely rude and will cause a scene if they don't get what they want. I could do the whole “oh my computer isn’t working let me call a manager” which will get them scared and they’ll probably leave, but now that we’re guest advocates, that feels like a cop out— we should resolve our own issues.
I’ll usually just play dumb and say there’s an issue with the return and I just need to look up the receipt super quick to make sure you’re getting everything back that you paid 😁 then I go print the receipt that they don’t have and see how they paid and why discounts they got. I’ve stoped a couple like that. Others say they don’t have time and storm out mad. Either way they leave. Now you can just state “register issue” and everyone in the country will believe you

I’ll usually just play dumb and say there’s an issue with the return and I just need to look up the receipt super quick to make sure you’re getting everything back that you paid 😁 then I go print the receipt that they don’t have and see how they paid and why discounts they got. I’ve stoped a couple like that. Others say they don’t have time and storm out mad. Either way they leave. Now you can just state “register issue” and everyone in the country will believe you
You’re right about register issue lol. Good idea about receipt to “make sure they get everything they paid”. I’ll def try that one

OMG please let this be true!!!

Back