Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

The ratio of guests who say "oh cool! This is great!" vs. those who say "so you have 20 checklanes and only 3 of them are in use, but they want you to use this? That's dumb." is very very shifted towards the latter.

Also, it's fun when the guest tries to hold onto the device to put their pin in and accidentally closes out the app. The solution of "I'm sorry your card was charged multiple times but we can't view the transaction to prove it didn't go through" doesn't quite go over well.

The ratio of guests who say "oh cool! This is great!" vs. those who say "so you have 20 checklanes and only 3 of them are in use, but they want you to use this? That's dumb." is very very shifted towards the latter.

Also, it's fun when the guest tries to hold onto the device to put their pin in and accidentally closes out the app. The solution of "I'm sorry your card was charged multiple times but we can't view the transaction to prove it didn't go through" doesn't quite go over well.
Solution: place the device face down on something

It’s bad, when it takes 24 hours to get a reprint of receipt on a MCO communication to printer failure. Reprint receipt option did not work.

i just dont get why my GVP is pushing line busting. i have 20 checklanes in my pfresh store, lack of registers isn’t the issue
I mean in that case I totally get it. If all your registers aren’t open it doesn’t make sense to use the cart. I was just saying they’re good for space constrained or stores that are crazy busy for short amount of times during the year and consistently have all their registers ipen

I mean in that case I totally get it. If all your registers aren’t open it doesn’t make sense to use the cart. I was just saying they’re good for space constrained or stores that are crazy busy for short amount of times during the year and consistently have all their registers ipen

oh i’m not disagreeing, just complaining lol

Sadly, it's a tracked metric (somewhat). So, there's my SETL with plenty of registers open trying to get guests to do a Line Busting with the MyCheckout. It's kind of pathetic.

I love it! We requisitioned a little cart from the floor and I just have someone grab guests that just have a couple things out of the lines. I'm trying to get sales floor people to do that instead of opening lane. It's so much easier to grab a few people, shrink the lines and head back. People literally can't get in your line and only the people you invite over will come over. My guests love it!

First time ever today I had someone ask for a manager. I had to take a call for cosmetics because I was covering for someone on break. I didn't want to take it because I know fuck all about cosmetics, but I was the only one in the area. The person was immediately rude from the get go, and when I didn't know the answer to their question they asked if I was the manager... No. Her: "Can I speak to a manager?" No dumbass, what are they going to do for you? Me: "Hold on, let me try to find the item you are looking for". Her: "Well don't take your time". I looked it up on my device. She wanted a Facial Steamer and I could barely understand her over the zebra. We didn't have it. I told her this. Her: "So you don't know if you have it?" Me:"no we don't have it. Sorry about that". Hung up on me and thank god.
I asked the cosmetics expert if we have that when she got back; she laughed and said we don't. Honestly, I feel pretty good about it. I was polite, kept my cool and gave them accurate information, even though I wanted to tell them to fuck off.

...the whims of Target.com.

That right there.

Not that the whole calling kodak support would happen often... but it would probably happen to me. o_O 😂

More than you think... unless you're handy with the google.

I always ask if they have a registry when returning a bunch of baby stuff. It also does a regular gift card not merch last I knew

When I train, I give a general hierarchy:
Paper/electronic receipt or Payment Card - Payment card first if there are multiple online orders with packing slips
Wallet
Packing slips
Registry
ID - ok if the guests wants this option sooner, but caution them on the existance of a limit

Only former GSAs and a few trusted TMs have them, but only the former GSAs really close the front end.
As our TMs that frequently close end up becoming closers, we get the numbers. It'd be easier if they just gave SA's the numbers too.

The advocates formerly known as Guest Service Team Members.

As an aside my code was recently changed back to Service Advocate from Checkout Advocate. Either my store figured out who is better and where... or i was coded incorrectly as a checkout Advocate. I can't hack it as a CA... i mean, i can, but I'm miserable at it.

everyone is supposed to be keyed as a checkout advocate as their primary job, service advocate is only supposed to be a secondary job. (that was the same with cashier vs. service desk as well)

Back