Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

A lot of recalls will have a number to call to return it. I remember when we had that baby chair recall and we would have daycare centers trying to return all their chairs. I could tell that many of them were years old and they would want to return them all for a refund. Nope. I would give them the number for the manufacturer to call them about returning them. They would have no receipts and many of them no longer showed up in our system. Plus, I didn't want to touch the nasty things.

A lot of recalls will have a number to call to return it. I remember when we had that baby chair recall and we would have daycare centers trying to return all their chairs. I could tell that many of them were years old and they would want to return them all for a refund. Nope. I would give them the number for the manufacturer to call them about returning them. They would have no receipts and many of them no longer showed up in our system. Plus, I didn't want to touch the nasty things.
This. Jan 1 2020 my store stopped taking back all those rock and play. Too many scams. F-P will give you a refund. Not us.

Are anyone else's registers crashing and rebooting when you scan a suspended transaction receipt? That kept happening at my store today...and of course the new system just said "sorry, we can't read that, it's from the old system" when people tried it there

Do your stores have one or two people closing registers (or does AP supervise)?

We had a guy grab a money bag off an SCO when a TM was closing them tonight. I've always thought it a little odd that they close the registers solo with guests in the store (when I last I closed registers, at OfficeMax many years ago, we didn't start closing registers until after the store closed, but we only had, like, 5 of them). Seems like an excellent opportunity for someone to do exactly what he did tonight.

We had a guy grab a money bag off an SCO when a TM was closing them tonight. I've always thought it a little odd that they close the registers solo with guests in the store (when I last I closed registers, at OfficeMax many years ago, we didn't start closing registers until after the store closed, but we only had, like, 5 of them). Seems like an excellent opportunity for someone to do exactly what he did tonight.
This is my nightmare. We have just one close unless I’m there with someone else, usually I jump in to help out. I’ve had to call AP after having a few shady weirdos come into SCO while I was closing and comment on the money a few different times.

Obviously not the TMs fault but... why did they leave the money bag unattended?

Obviously not the TMs fault but... why did they leave the money bag unattended?

It wasn't, I don't think. It was on the scale/scanner part of the register right in front of her. Dude came over and grabbed it. She tried to push or deflect him, I guess, but did not succeed (she's pretty tiny. And she's fine, just shook up).

It wasn't, I don't think. It was on the scale/scanner part of the register right in front of her. Dude came over and grabbed it. She tried to push or deflect him, I guess, but did not succeed (she's pretty tiny. And she's fine, just shook up).
😬 she could get fired for that... we can’t lay a hand on a guest. glad she’s okay though.

Is he a guest if he's grabbing for a bag of money? I think not, at that point, but it's probably splitting hairs. She will not get fired. I wasn't there, but I assume it was more of a reaction. Hard to separate "Woman with a man in her space must react NOW" from "I'm a Target TM and we're not supposed to interfere with thieves" in the moment.

How is the no returns or exchanges going at your store? It brings me immense joy to see someone walk up with shit to return, read all the signs then sadly walk away. Even better when they try to argue with me and I get to just say nope sorry :)
I got yelled at today. The woman didn’t want to have to leave the item around her house for the next 3 weeks. 🙄

I would count that as unattended. If she was inside the SCO pulling out money and the bag was on top she left it unattended. I would always have the bag in my hand or in the cash cart

Does anyone know if the new registers can accept tax-exempt forms? A cashier using a new register had a guest who wanted to use a tax-exempt form and I think the GSTL ended up moving them to one of the registers with the old system since the tax-exemption couldn't be processed at the new register.

Does anyone know if the new registers can accept tax-exempt forms? A cashier using a new register had a guest who wanted to use a tax-exempt form and I think the GSTL ended up moving them to one of the registers with the old system since the tax-exemption couldn't be processed at the new register.
What is a tax-exempt form? The only tax exempt I've dealt with is the Shipt barcode or manually entering the info for gov't/non profits.

What is a tax-exempt form? The only tax exempt I've dealt with is the Shipt barcode or manually entering the info for gov't/non profits.
A tax exempt form is a piece of paper showing the tax exempt status for government or school etc. you manually enter info in register don’t know if you can de this on new registers.

Not sure but, I don’t think you can do it on new registers.

Not yet. They’ll add it eventually, but I remember reading it in the list of workarounds for things not ready yet. It said that if the transaction hasn’t been started to ring on old POS, but if the transaction is complete when you realize it’s tax exempt to finish as is and take to service desk/ old pos to do tax refund.

Back