Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

It's on Workbench, MyDay since last Sunday.

I tried looking for it, but I am a noob with work day since I never have a need to go on the computer. Where do I find it. I already had one person looking for the discount.

Under communications, last time I checked. You can also search for it in Workbench. Workbench is also available on the Zebra through Myday.

I tried looking for it, but I am a noob with work day since I never have a need to go on the computer. Where do I find it. I already had one person looking for the discount.
Open myday on zebra, tap comm.

Teachers must go to target.com/teacherprep, offer will get added to their Wallet like any other circle offer. We do NOT have a backup scan sheet and are NOT to manually input. This year because it is running for multiple weeks, guests must verify.

two questions -

Are any of your stores hiring people to be Service Advocates? As in they walk in off the street and all their shifts are at GS.

Are your stores giving new Advocates GSTL #s?

two questions -

Are any of your stores hiring people to be Service Advocates? As in they walk in off the street and all their shifts are at GS.

1) rarely, it happens but not often.

2) no... once they become trusted and know what they’re doing then yes but not on day 1

two questions -

No and definitely not. Only a select handful of SAs get #s....not everyone who works over there does. Those of us who have them have worked GS for a long time and are considered de facto leaders when the actual GSTLs aren't there.

At our store our trainers (especially SA) are given #s.

Honestly, most of our SAs are hired as guest service, if our leads think they're a good fit. They get one day of cashier training, then like... three or four days with a SA trainer.

At our store our trainers (especially SA) are given #s.

Honestly, most of our SAs are hired as guest service, if our leads think they're a good fit. They get one day of cashier training, then like... three or four days with a SA trainer.
I’ve always said GS is kinda sink or swim. For some people (typically those who are motivated) it clicks and they become great SD TMs. For others, it’s just too overwhelming. It’s nothing bad against those who don’t, just people are different and different things click for different people

Meanwhile all of tech has numbers for price changes lol. We only use it for that. That's the agreement. Also you need to survive 6 months it seems. So that means 4th quarter and then some.

two questions -

We are not hiring people to be Service Advocates but Guest Advocates who are bored at the register or think their talents lie in Guest Service sometimes just end up at Guest Service after dropping off reshop or after a break. Or they will just go there at the start of their shift and never leave. It makes me angry and frustrated when calling for backup and GM team members have to stop what they’re doing to ring up guests. Yes, my store has serious problems.

Almost every GA has GSTL #s. Yup. I know. Serious problems.

Any other stores having issues with self-checkout monitors repeatedly displaying the "Loading" message on the screen and not allowing the next guest to start their transaction? I have to keep taking the receipt paper out and then re-insert it into the feeder before logging in and exiting the "Settings" screen before the register goes to the normal screen for guests to start scanning. I don't know if this has to do with how busy the store is but it's really making it difficult to clean and perform other necessary tasks.

Any other stores having issues with self-checkout monitors repeatedly displaying the "Loading" message on the screen and not allowing the next guest to start their transaction? I have to keep taking the receipt paper out and then re-insert it into the feeder before logging in and exiting the "Settings" screen before the register goes to the normal screen for guests to start scanning. I don't know if this has to do with how busy the store is but it's really making it difficult to clean and perform other necessary tasks.
There’s a tiny x in the top right. Hit that.

There’s a tiny x in the top right. Hit that.
Unfortunately, the tiny x isn't appearing anymore. Maybe I have to wait a bit longer for it to appear, but with long lines and impatient guests, I can't wait that long. Even at closing time when it was slow, I let one of the registers stay on the "Loading" screen to see how long it would take until the x appeared. It never did after 2 minutes of waiting so I figure that it was a technical issue that has to be fixed.

Unfortunately, the tiny x isn't appearing anymore. Maybe I have to wait a bit longer for it to appear, but with long lines and impatient guests, I can't wait that long. Even at closing time when it was slow, I let one of the registers stay on the "Loading" screen to see how long it would take until the x appeared. It never did after 2 minutes of waiting so I figure that it was a technical issue that has to be fixed.
Going into store mode then settings then back out should also trigger it to go away. Weird that the x doesn’t show right away

going into store mode is impossible with the infinite loading screen with no x, hence the receipt printer fix (which is what i am also doing about the same issue)
Will it let you scan a speed id? There should also be a button on the bottom of the screen that takes you to settings but idk if they took that away when they switched from NCR software

Yes this is happening at my store too. Mostly at the end of the day. I am also opening it and reloading the paper. It is a really friggin annoying!! I was glad to learn this because I was putting the register closed first sign on the problem machine till it sorted itself out, but that was when it was just happening to the 1st register. Tonight it was happening to all of them! My closing TL just rebooted one and that probably helped, but I was on a lane and then closing drawers so I don't really know.

We are not hiring people to be Service Advocates but Guest Advocates who are bored at the register or think their talents lie in Guest Service sometimes just end up at Guest Service after dropping off reshop or after a break. Or they will just go there at the start of their shift and never leave. It makes me angry and frustrated when calling for backup and GM team members have to stop what they’re doing to ring up guests. Yes, my store has serious problems.

Almost every GA has GSTL #s. Yup. I know. Serious problems.

If you run the front, call for backup from GS before GM. I had to call them out on channel 1 for a while. Now I can ask a GS TM on 3 or 4 and they will respond.

If you run the front, call for backup from GS before GM. I had to call them out on channel 1 for a while. Now I can ask a GS TM on 3 or 4 and they will respond.
This should absolutely be standard. Nothing irks a floor TM more than being called for backup only to find Guest Services, front-end TLs and cart attendants standing around. I've heard them call for backup with three people behind Guest Services doing nothing. Every FOS TM should be ringing except for SCO before backup is called, IMO.

New Pos will let people register once for tax exemption and then will use their phone number to apply it to future purchases (completely seperate from target circle, it will not auto apply)

Also on New POS, and SCO and MCO, they finally fixed promo gift cards so they will show with a purchase price of $0. Much less confusing for guests.

I'll try to talk to him about this, but when he spoke to me, he was adamant that he wanted to me to step in and receipt check although he didn't say that when we had the meeting with ETL-AP. I am also planning to talk to the TSS since he suggested that I receipt check if a similar situation happened again.
I feel a little better and I got some closure on this situation. I spoke to ETL-SE and he agreed that the GSTL was in the wrong for approaching me about the situation like he did and he also said that he will speak to said GSTL. In addition, he said that it was AP's fault as well since they weren't at the door to stop the guests from leaving without paying for all of their merchandise.

The only frustrating thing is that ETL-SE praised me and said that I'm one of the best advocates at self-checkout for offering service and getting guests to sign up for Circle. Don't get me wrong, it feels good to be praised but it also seems like a cover for the fact that no other guest advocates want to work at self-checkout. In private, they always tell me that they don't want the responsibility of watching for theft and strongly prefer to cashier. It doesn't even seem like the newer guest advocates that were hired recently are being cross-trained at self-checkout (although to be fair, I guess we don't have a lot of hours right now since we don't have nearly enough cashiers for a normal day because the lines are almost always so long).

Back