Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Wait, my store got something before you all? Shook!! The guest has a 4 digit code that we type into the zebra, hit the check mark, and the order completes. If they have a bar code, we scan it, slide like normal, and the order completes. No more signature page! I had nothing to complain about today!

Wait, my store got something before you all? Shook!! The guest has a 4 digit code that we type into the zebra, hit the check mark, and the order completes. If they have a bar code, we scan it, slide like normal, and the order completes. No more signature page! I had nothing to complain about today!
So stores can’t cheat and process it ahead of time! Nice!

This doesn't make it faster except when we scan the barcode, typing in a 4 digit number surely makes it slower than it has been. We already tapped the three dots and processed without a signature.

This doesn't make it faster except when we scan the barcode, typing in a 4 digit number surely makes it slower than it has been. We already tapped the three dots and processed without a signature.

Except when the device won't scan because the sun is too bright, their phone is too dark, your trying to scan through a tinted or dirty window, or it is a day ending in Y.

What if they don't have a barcode or the 4 digit code, only an ID?

Update to the new DU feature.... Guests just hold up their phone with the window closed. You won't be getting them to reset the timer (sigh). It's also a struggle when you have 4 silver SUVs. When you type in the wrong code, the text telling you its wrong is small, but the box you type the code in doesn't go away. So if it doesn't work on that car, move to the next.

I’m so over the Past Orders feature not working in the Pickup app...makes things so much more difficult when something goes wrong

Same. OMG. Why is this not working??? Arrggghhh!

The Order Pickup app has been being so stupid the past couple of days. I've had it crash on me at least twice yesterday while trying to pull up someone's past order. Yesterday it would also get stuck after the signature screen with the "changed quantity, try ringing up at POS" message a couple times.

Does anyone know why Target app team constantly changes Target Wallet then reverts it.. seems they can’t make up their mind or guests just don’t like anything they have tried?

Did anyone have orders showing “picked up” on the guest’s phone, but it was still active in our pick up app as unprocessed? We had a few these past few days. Guest had no way to notify on the way/ here and had to call, but most were annoyed/ scared that we gave their order to someone else. Still in hold and active in our pick up app.

Did anyone have orders showing “picked up” on the guest’s phone, but it was still active in our pick up app as unprocessed? We had a few these past few days. Guest had no way to notify on the way/ here and had to call, but most were annoyed/ scared that we gave their order to someone else. Still in hold and active in our pick up app.
Sounds like a nightmare...luckily haven't run into this yet but know we would have some seriously pissed off guests (and rightfully so)

I think I had one the other day, but she was at the DU location and remembered her code. I typed it in and it worked.

The Order Pickup app has been being so stupid the past couple of days. I've had it crash on me at least twice yesterday while trying to pull up someone's past order. Yesterday it would also get stuck after the signature screen with the "changed quantity, try ringing up at POS" message a couple times.
This happened to me too. Management keeps telling us it’s the WiFi. 🙄

the only way i stopped team members from asking guests to reset just so they could have a low wait time was by watching and coaching them

mostly fixed now
I wish they would extend the time to 3 or 4 minutes though. Especially because they gave guests the option of switching their OPU to DU in the app, we get quite of few “beep beep, I’m on my way” to “honk honk I’m here” in a second. Fine if it’s a few things but if it’s a large order, it screws with our times.
I also think about how the Target two towns over from me has their guest services further from the door and their DU spots are further from the door so how can you compare times between stores? Two minutes just seems arbitrary. I wonder what the rationale is for two minutes. Very often when I’m bringing out someone’s order, they are either just parking or they don’t have the barcode ready and they’re shocked I’m already there. And I’m old and not fast.

the only way i stopped team members from asking guests to reset just so they could have a low wait time was by watching and coaching them

mostly fixed now

LOL it's my ETL who wants the timer reset. I might ask them, if it is a popup. Sometimes asking them to do it takes too damn long. Then you have a 3:45 time instead of 2:20

I don't see anything wrong with processing a drive up order early if it's necessary. The two minutes metric is unrealistic, especially when we are not always notified and when they keep adding stuff. We now have fresh produce which is not close to guest services but the time is still two minutes no matter how big or ridiculous someone's order is. It's aggravating.

Back