Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Thanks!

Hand scanners sometimes aren’t setup properly and won’t work. There are barcodes for getting them to a new setup state that sometimes work.

Regardless we have asked for them to be fully replaced because ever since they installed the new Zebra flatbed scanners they haven’t been working very well with the hand scanners. The scanners will beep as if they are working but nothing rings up on screen. Causing a huge AP issue at our store because guests think items are being scanned when they are not.

Thanks. We had a problem with the new flatbed scanner on SCO the other day. We haven't had problems with the hand scanners. Well, there was one we had replaced.

Is it just me or does it seem like the new Redcards (the ones with the solid red background) cause a lot of problems in which the card reader says "Card read error" and it won't accept? We had a guest who inserted their Redcard more than 10 times before a GSTL wiped their card with hand sanitizer. It finally worked but I was just curious if you've experienced similar issues.

haven’t been having issues here but i’m pretty religious about cleaning my card readers too. i’ll keep an eye out tho

It could be the card readers not being cleaned. I don't think anyone has had the time to clean them with all of the other things that need to be done in the front-end.
For sure. It's hard to remember and hard to make time for.

This has me thinking whether it might be a good idea to write down all of these little sorts of tasks and try to work them into a schedule. Anybody here done that before?

Is it just me or does it seem like the new Redcards (the ones with the solid red background) cause a lot of problems in which the card reader says "Card read error" and it won't accept? We had a guest who inserted their Redcard more than 10 times before a GSTL wiped their card with hand sanitizer. It finally worked but I was just curious if you've experienced similar issues.
The new ones are tap and go... aka hover over hold and wait... no issues when using contactless payment.

Anyone notice the update to the classic POS at GS? I haven't been over there in a few days so I don't know when it started.

Does anyone know how to fix the guest facing display at GS? This guy:

0000417_cd-7220-un-usb-vfd-customer-display-pole_550.png

They’re just at GS now (used to be at lanes too), but one of ours doesn’t light up and is just off. Reboot doesn’t fix it. I’m sure it’s like a loose wire or something but everything looks plugged in when I pull out the register computer. Thoughts?

Does anyone else's store have issues accepting WIC checks on the new POS systems? On Saturday, I had a guest with five WIC checks (all for produce) and none of the fruits or vegetables were scanned and accepted. In the end, the guest left very frustrated and we had to throw out about four baskets worth of produce. When I asked my SETL about this, he said that WIC seems to work better on the old POS systems, which are only at Guest Services. I'm just wondering if this is something that has happened to anyone else here and if you have any suggestions.

Does anyone else's store have issues accepting WIC checks on the new POS systems? On Saturday, I had a guest with five WIC checks (all for produce) and none of the fruits or vegetables were scanned and accepted. In the end, the guest left very frustrated and we had to throw out about four baskets worth of produce. When I asked my SETL about this, he said that WIC seems to work better on the old POS systems, which are only at Guest Services. I'm just wondering if this is something that has happened to anyone else here and if you have any suggestions.
My state uses wic debit cards but we have no problem with them on new pos afaik

Back