Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

My state uses wic debit cards but we have no problem with them on new pos afaik
I see, this might be an issue that's limited to some stores. I'll try to talk to someone in leadership about this issue. It's just that I hated seeing all of that food thrown out and I hope that doesn't happen again.

so we switched over to wic cards, BUT we have issues with every type of check on new POS. guests paying with checks or rebate checks often error and don’t go through, but the minute it runs through old POS, it works absolutely fine.

CSC said, “you’re not supposed to use rebate checks as checks,” which is most definitely not true when we called about our issue. They also claimed no other store has this problem, which I really doubt. We switched printers around and still nothing.

so we switched over to wic cards, BUT we have issues with every type of check on new POS. guests paying with checks or rebate checks often error and don’t go through, but the minute it runs through old POS, it works absolutely fine.

CSC said, “you’re not supposed to use rebate checks as checks,” which is most definitely not true when we called about our issue. They also claimed no other store has this problem, which I really doubt. We switched printers around and still nothing.
Checks don’t work when the guest has a check that is still processing from a previous payment within the last few days.

correct me if i’m wrong, but didn’t we used to be able to post void receipts with debit payments on it.

we did a return and the guest had the recommended refund of debit card- credit, which didn’t prompt the GSTM to insert the card. the guest came back and was like, “that actually isn’t my card. i just realized so and so actually purchased this.” when we attempted to post void, it said you can’t void a debit payment and then new POS said, “you can’t void a return receipt.”

i know i’ve done both before on numerous occasions, so when did this change and have i been oblivious for a long time lol.

When it says debit card credit with no last 4 digits that means payment hasn’t fully processed so all kinds of funky things happen. Think same day different store weirdness (even though it was the same store in this case)

When it says debit card credit with no last 4 digits that means payment hasn’t fully processed so all kinds of funky things happen. Think same day different store weirdness (even though it was the same store in this case)
there was a last 4 because that’s how she realized it wasn’t her card, which makes it weirder. she ended up calling whoever and they were just gonna give her the money, so it wasn’t too big of a guest issue at least.

there was a last 4 because that’s how she realized it wasn’t her card, which makes it weirder. she ended up calling whoever and they were just gonna give her the money, so it wasn’t too big of a guest issue at least.
If it was debit she knew the pin… why would she know the pin if it wasn’t hers?? Very weird.

you could always try doing a return for everything then rebuying.

You should be instructing the guest to use "fix an issue" instead. Your TL can call 701 to get the guest information in order to make it right on the berry one

I won't do it either. There are even TMs in my store who do it without the guest asking. When they find a bag the guest didn't get, they attempt to refund it in the pickup app. On one hand that is a nice thing to do, but I also think it is not a good idea

I've had an issue doing a return for a guest who had a missing DU bag. She called yesterday and said she was missing one of her bags that had some berries in it. The guest did not want to come back because she had two kids or something so I offered to return it over the phone. When I pulled up her order on the Pickup app, it had the barcode. I was processing her return, typing in all the information, etc. and then on the return screen, it said the refund amount and then "Target Credit". The mistake that I made was that I told the guest the refund would be going onto her red card and I hung up the phone. I did not press "recommended refund" until just after I hung up. The POS wanted me to have the card inserted into the reader. I did not get her phone number or any contact information.

So I ended up trying the return today thinking that it'd go right back onto the card since it's no longer a same day return. However, the recommended refund is now gift card, not Target Credit. When I press override, it has the option to put it on the red card but it still wants the card inserted. I try to override that, it wants the refund on a gift card. No longer has the option to put it on the red card.

Im stressed out about it because this guest probably assumes that she has been refunded when she has not and it won't let me refund her card without her being in the store with it. I have no way to contact her unless she happens to call the store back. I'm not in until Sunday. Would it let me do the return at that point without needing her card?

another thing too: just after I was on the phone with her, my TL was on the phone with another guest with a similar problem. She did the return over the phone and it didn't let her refund it but I did it today and it let me refund the Visa card without needing it inserted. How come it won't let me do this other order when it's literally on a TARGET RED CARD?!? The POS should never need a Red Card to be inserted unless it is a same day return. I tried several times throughout the day and it never let me put it back on her card. Thankfully I did write a note with all the numbers I need. Hopefully no one gets rid of it!
Your AP ETL/TL can get their phone number. You could always just check to see if they have a new order then just make a gift card for the amount plus $10 and attach it to their new order with a note. If they paid with part card on the new system you can choose how much goes to which payment option so you could put it back on the card. I would do this on the Starbucks system if you do end up doing it. I know you can’t do same day return for online orders with the new system but I think you can next day. If you did the call on a mydevice it should show up in the history section of the calling app if you have your location set to guest services. If they paid with part gift card and card you could also add enough items to refund the whole gift card amount to due the return with a little left over on the card and process that return and then return the berries and void that original return because theoretically the gift card amount they paid would had already been returned so that second return for the berries would go back on the card.

Coming soon to target app: shopping partners. Basically you can link two target accounts and share shopping lists and it will auto add each other as alternates for OPU and drive up and allow that second person to see the order in their account. Really good for spouses
I'm on the target app beta and I can already add shopping partners. Shared lists aren't available yet, but shared pickups are.

Is anyone having trouble with Ebt cards on SCO?

Tip - if you suspend an order and the receipt doesn't have a barcode (for some reason my SCOs don't always print a barcode), you can pull it up on the new POS by pressing add item and typing in the receipt #

I've tried and tried to notice some correlation and I got nothing, but it seems to only happen on the 2 middle SCOs

Is anyone having trouble with Ebt cards on SCO?

Tip - if you suspend an order and the receipt doesn't have a barcode (for some reason my SCOs don't always print a barcode), you can pull it up on the new POS by pressing add item and typing in the receipt #
Good tip! EBT is giving lots of problems for us lately but it all seems to be coincidence of people not having enough money.

I'm not sure if this belongs here but I wanted to ask if anyone here has been asked when a guest does a price challenge to enter a reason other than "Guest Price Challenge" on the registers? One of my GSTLs sometimes has to do PCVs and I'm guessing that if cashiers constantly use "Guest Price Challenge", he will have a lot of PCVs to clear, which he probably doesn't want. He's instructed me to use "Price Match-Target" for the reason instead and I'm wondering if this is "best practice".

I do use "Price Match-Target" for style items because I feel like style can be the most difficult to navigate in terms of clearing PCVs but I could be wrong. If anyone has experience clearing PCVs, I'm curious about whether PCVs were easy depending on what area the item was in.

I'm not sure if this belongs here but I wanted to ask if anyone here has been asked when a guest does a price challenge to enter a reason other than "Guest Price Challenge" on the registers? One of my GSTLs sometimes has to do PCVs and I'm guessing that if cashiers constantly use "Guest Price Challenge", he will have a lot of PCVs to clear, which he probably doesn't want. He's instructed me to use "Price Match-Target" for the reason instead and I'm wondering if this is "best practice".

I do use "Price Match-Target" for style items because I feel like style can be the most difficult to navigate in terms of clearing PCVs but I could be wrong. If anyone has experience clearing PCVs, I'm curious about whether PCVs were easy depending on what area the item was in.
Toys is jacked up.

you should be using the option that is most appropriate to the issue at hand. sometimes price challenge is the right option sometimes it isn't. but asking team members to not use the appropriate option because then it creates more work is the laziest shit i have ever heard in my life

you should be using the option that is most appropriate to the issue at hand.
This. If it’s a guest price challenge, use guest price challenge. If it’s not, then don’t.

ultimately not creating the PCV is more work and annoying for guests if the price actually is wrong bc then guests will just keep coming up with it

Back