Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

“Restroom follow up” would play every 30 minutes, but instead of playing at the 30 minute mark of each hour, I noticed over time that it would come on earlier. For example, instead of 9:30, it would play at 9:18. The time was behind.

Yeah, it would slowly get more off every time it played. It might be set to something like 59/29 minutes and ?? seconds, rather than exactly 30 or 60 minutes depending on the store.

It was definitely on channel 1 (maybe also on 2 but it definitely was on 1)

For GiftCard Replenishment or Restroom Checkup? I know 100% Restroom Checkup/Followup is Channel 1. GiftCard Replenishment is the only one I'm unsure of, due to its infrequent playing of once every Monday morning.

I've definitely heard it before and in my store except for Q4 everyone is on 1, so it must be on 1. (we use 234 for private convos)
Q4 drive up got its own channel

Someone just shopped the floor and was able to create a return on all the items with a random bar code at guest service. That's all I know ATM but there's an exploit in the wild.
they would have to have a barcode with a receipt ID. if it's not a receipt POS will decline. and then once a receipt is scanned POS talks to HQ servers for each item.

are you sure they didn't just shop the floor for items that were on like a stolen receipt or something?

The barcode was literally a picture on their phone. Unfortunately the common sense of my help desk is kind of low, my bosses will have to remind them not to just scan any old bar code and accept it. As much as I want to believe it may have been from a valid reciept, it was very random and I think it even had a clearerence item from an end cap he passed. Or two.

The barcode was literally a picture on their phone. Unfortunately the common sense of my help desk is kind of low, my bosses will have to remind them not to just scan any old bar code and accept it. As much as I want to believe it may have been from a valid reciept, it was very random and I think it even had a clearerence item from an end cap he passed. Or two.
Lmao this 🤣

I think it must have been a preplanned thing. I just don’t see any way to bypass POS “phoning home” to HQ servers to verify receipt id and items purchased. (Not saying it can’t happen but I think that’s out of the level of most scammers)

I will explain it in private messages.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this, and I think the result of this is going to be drive up becoming harder, at least for my team. A three minute drive up time means you're running behind, given the setup. If we reduce the number of drive up team members to the point where three minutes is the goal to beat, they will always be quite busy. I'm not going to be running 1:30 days anymore, I'll be shooting for something like 2:15, give or take. This is going to vary by store obviously. I am hoping this means no reduction in hours so I can shift more people to the lanes, but we'll see. They may just cut the front of store even harder.

Just saying, it sounds great, but it might be bad.

Back