Archived cashier problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, and I always tell them and then they look at me like "huh....?" It's like, do you lack common sense?

Lol. I can relate to most of these. Bringing up kitty litter, water, and anything huge on the belt is so annoying. Smh. If we had a self check out they would hate to scan it that way too. I can only imagine how many complaints we'd have then.

This is my favorite flash that describes cashier problems:

lol, this made my day!

I hate when I'm done ringing up the guests items, hit total, they pay, I give them their receipt and they say that they were supposed to get a giftcard with that.

Send them to the service desk. If you have time to give me crap about not getting a gift card that you weren't supposed to get anyways, then you have time to wait in line again. You're not holding up my other guests.

Also when an item doesn't have a barcode and they tell me it was X amount $, cool but sometimes I need a dpci, I don't like doing no barcode for items that are more than $3.

The system will let you do a No Barcode for anything under $20, but your AP may have their own rules regarding No Barcodes. I usually only do them for One Spot unless I'm feeling particularly vibetastic.

Or when the guests ask if I could hand them my gun scanner so they can scan their water, pet food, kitty litter. No I can come around and get it myself.

I'll let you use my scanner when you let me use your credit card.

Or when the guest is buying a huge TV or huge item with a spider wrap on it and they leave it in their cart. Unless you wanna leave with it on you can at least help me move it to get it off. I'm not the strongest girl.

Let them figure it out the hard way.

And last one (for now) is when the guest decides against half of the items in their cart and give it back to me. Especially when it's right after reshop is collected and they have huge items that don't fit in my bin!

When I was a cashier and worked a lot of closes, I would always get these guests minutes before closing. Like seriously, decide what you're getting before you come up to the lanes.

One of the many problems; I turn off my light to leave &/or go on break and that's when guests cram into my line. The GSA doesn't care to block off my line because she is hiding in Photo. o_O

Sometimes, I even grab a cashier just coming in and ask them to take over my lane & she will yell "go take lane xyz"......

I mean really, guests are clueless about lane lights & some GSAs are worthless when it comes to doing their jobs.:mad:
Same here I say I'm closed and point to the light that is off while they look clueless, these people go grocery shopping on a regular basis right? The gstl never blocks my Lane she might just have another cashier take over while I'm gone but that Doesn't happen much.

When I was a cashier and worked a lot of closes, I would always get these guests minutes before closing. Like seriously, decide what you're getting before you come up to the lanes.

During the week, I close. And yes. YES, YES, YES to your post. I don't know what was going on Friday night but I didn't clock out until nearly 15 minutes after I was scheduled off. We had to call for backup at close. It was that ridiculous!

I also hate it when Cashiers call you over before they look for a dpci, check the flyer or do a price inquiry

My fav was Mom letting the little girl swipe the card & she hit credit & signed before her mom realized it.
She wasn't happy when I told her I could void it but it might take a few days for her bank to void it.

I also hate it when Cashiers call you over before they look for a dpci, check the flyer or do a price inquiry
I have no clue what DCPI is! I know there are times when I get a screen that says something like need DCPI, put aside and call supervisor. So, that's what I do.

I have no clue what DCPI is! I know there are times when I get a screen that says something like need DCPI, put aside and call supervisor. So, that's what I do.

DPCI-DePartment, Class, Item number. It's formatted like 123-45-6789 (department-class-item) and everything in the store has one, it's used like an identification number. My store sometimes calls it the item's social security number because that's what it looks like.

Also, Target items (Up and Up, Market Pantry, etc) usually have the DPCI printed on them. Otherwise, have to look it up.

DPCI-DePartment, Class, Item number. It's formatted like 123-45-6789 (department-class-item) and everything in the store has one, it's used like an identification number. My store sometimes calls it the item's social security number because that's what it looks like.
I definitely did not just type my SSN into search on target.com to see if it matches anything...

That's weird. I've only ever gotten a screen asking for the price if it doesn't know the DPCI.

How about the guests who can't bear with parting with their phone long enough to complete the transaction?

Before they look for their card, after they look for their card, after they swipe it, after they punch in the PIN, after they hit "no cash back"....they have to text in between each of these activities. And if they just did the transaction they could get back to their phone so much sooner.

Even someone had to get the guest in front of her's attention because she was too busy on her cell phone to notice that she'd left several groceries behind in line as she was going to leave. My sister was holding them out to her with a confused look.

I was going by the checklanes coming back from lunch & a woman was pushing her cart to leave as she was looking at her phone. The cashier looked down & saw that the woman left ALL her bags & tried to call her back.
I followed her "Ma'am? Ma'am?.....MA'AM?!" before she stopped & looked at me angrily.
I pointed to her bags back at the lane; she looked down in her cart (empty) & whirled around to get her bags.
As I walked by, I gave her a level look & said "You're welcome."

I was going by the checklanes coming back from lunch & a woman was pushing her cart to leave as she was looking at her phone. The cashier looked down & saw that the woman left ALL her bags & tried to call her back.
I followed her "Ma'am? Ma'am?.....MA'AM?!" before she stopped & looked at me angrily.
I pointed to her bags back at the lane; she looked down in her cart (empty) & whirled around to get her bags.
As I walked by, I gave her a level look & said "You're welcome."
I need you at my store, lol.

I tend to remember what I scanned

On a basic level, sure. But do you remember if that was a 24 ct or 32 ct claritin, or if their razor was a 9800 model or a 6500, or if the toothpaste was 6 oz. or 9 oz.

Those are the types of things you typically have to dig the items back out of the bag to verify, not whether or not they bought an item of the specified brand at all.

Pretty much, yeah. I tend to memorize certain products that are popular that week lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back