Archived cashier problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you'd be amazed at how much of that is an act.
I've had the whiny ones kvetching about whether or not they had enough for their transactions because none of their coupons were valid & the items weren't on sale - until I suggest taking off a few unnecessary items.
I've seen them go from zero to Bitch in 1.2 seconds which completely wipes any empathy I might have harbored.
Oh yeah! Had one of these at the pharmacy this week. Rather than put back her frigging MAKEUP or leaving HER Xanax, bitch left her KID's meds "until she got to the bank..." It was still there today :mad:

Oh yeah! Had one of these at the pharmacy this week. Rather than put back her frigging MAKEUP or leaving HER Xanax, bitch left her KID's meds "until she got to the bank..." It was still there today :mad:

o_O

For real? That's despicable.

One of my biggest pet peeves of a cashier is when a guest has a huge transaction of stuff, and a new guest comes in the line and puts their things down without using a bar divider!!! and then blurt out, "NOO THATS MINE" when I begin to ring their things.. THERE IS A DIVIDER FOR A REASON. I do not magically know where your things begin!!
Also, how hard is it for you to take your things out of your basket while you are waiting in line? shall I shine your shoes for you as well?!

Don't give 'em any ideas....
Welcome, BTW.
Lol I'm sure they're already thinking it!
And thanks! not sure why I'm still a "New Member" on here when I've been at target and this website for almost 2 months now.. :/

I recently had a gal do that! She downloaded the app in line and then asked if she could scan stuff just when she was up. Luckily there was no one behind her and I was really nice about it. I don't even know about my speed score since I'm usually just backing up. Although I have a full cashiering shift soon.

I hate guests that constantly challenge the price of everything. "that was supposed to be on sale!" "those came with a $5 gift card!" "that came up 3.99 I thought it was 2.99! I DON'T WANT IT!" "You typed in the price wrong!" "This was on a clearance endcap but wasn't marked clearance why isn't it coming up clearance!" I usually change the price for them if its under $20, but it gets really annoying after a while.

I love now that there's guests that just *know* we're supposed to change the price if they ask for it. The last time that it happened I just kinda ignored it and was like "really? that's odd."

I just kinda ignored it and was like "really? that's odd."

That's how I usually act with guests who complain about prices. I'll say that and play dumb and gauge their responses...usually they keep persistent but every once in a while I'll get someone who doesn't bring it up again after, or says they'll take it anyways at the actual price.

I just start digging at one of my many body orifices, checking out what I discover...

So today, it was my third ever cashier shift, and a guest came to my lane with a full cart, mostly with clothes and large boxes. She had so much stuff that eventually I had to start moving bags directly to her cart because my counter was full and she made no effort to transfer them, instead opting to scrutinize the register screen to constantly verify what she had, what it cost, any sales, and asking me which line on the screen corresponded to what product was in her cart. After ringing up nearly $300 worth of items, she demanded to know why several items she'd gotten off the 30% off rack weren't ringing up as such. Cue internal groan, because I knew almost every time someone mentioned the 30% rack, it was with the Cartwheel discount that the guest has invariably never heard of. The woman downloaded the app, and I asked another cashier who was familiar with it to give her a quick rundown. After about 10 minutes, she showed me the barcode to scan, and I scanned it. Then she muttered about finding the next item for a discount. I knew at that moment that this was gonna be a PITA because I'd already scanned her phone once. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt because she was older and the technology was legitimately confusing her. I asked the other cashier if you could scan Cartwheel more than once, and she said she didn't think so. I flipped on my light and told the GSTL the situation. The GSTL fiddled with the register only to confirm that you can only use Cartwheel once, and it cannot be line voided. Either the guest can take the discount she already has, or the entire transaction has to be voided and started over. I'm sure you can guess what she chose to do. The GSTL gave me an apologetic smile and said, "sorry, you gotta do it all again." So while the guest continues to fiddle on her Cartwheel App, I'm busy unloading an entire cart with stuff inside and on the bottom back onto the belt and unbagging every item. She's completely oblivious to what I'm doing, instead shoveling through the things on the belt to check EVERYTHING. I then rescan and rebag everything again. I had to fight the urge to throttle the guest when at the end of this entire ordeal—which took a little over half an hour to resolve—it turns out she saved herself about $5…off a 270-something dollar purchase. At least she apologized. I guess it was an honest mistake.

Did she have a red card?
If she didn't, I would've had her as a captive audience drilling in EVERY DETAIL including the ADDITIONAL 5% she could knock off.
She would've been running for the doors.
At least with the REDcard she would have saved more on that purchase than she did with the cartwheel!
And this is why I love you both :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back