Archived Cat & Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugly and cheap ...
The hanging polo shirts are ok , the folded ones are cheap and I don't think have any cotton in it ...
Some of the dresses ( non uniform) are simply ugly , patterns and feel of it !
I thought xhilaration was the top of ugliness , but I don't know anymore !
I am in an ulv store and we do not have any mannequins , we still have yellow fixtures ....

Anyone else heard of this brand having some sort of one year warranty? I was recently told that this brand was supposed to "outlast the playground" and be durable enough for up to one year. I haven't read into it on workbench but my ETL-Softlines mentioned it in passing today and even she sounded confused.

And
@SFSFun

From what I understand if you don have them I DONT THINK you are getting them. Look in transition notes. I THINK stores are listed.

Eventually all stores will get Cat & Jack. Target is not renewing their contract with Cherokee & is also doing away with Circo. Both brands will clearance and go salvage late July. While I'm not thrilled about losing Cherokee I am glad they are giving Circo the ax. Since the whole gender neutral nonsense they have been changing most of the tags to green and changing the look of the size stickers. It has been a slow transition for this & makes it confusing for team members when the same item has different tags, that coupled with so many items in Softlines that look almost the same but are actually different and you end up having the same item in 2/3 places in a department. It helps to make everything look messy and makes it difficult for guests to buy things they like in the sizes that they need. The majority of guests that find something they like but not their size are going to think that where they found the product is the only place it will be (which is how it SHOULD be), and aren't going to look for the same item in 1/2 other places to find the size they need.

Last edited:
Eventually all stores will get Cat & Jack. Target is not renewing their contract with Cherokee & is also doing away with Circo. Both brands will clearance and go salvage late July. While I'm not thrilled about losing Cherokee I am glad they are giving Circo the ax. Since the whole gender neutral nonsense they have been changing most of the tags to green and changing the look of the size stickers. It has been a slow transition for this & makes it confusing for team members when the same item has different tags, that coupled with so many items in Softlines that look almost the same but are actually different and you end up having the same item in 2/3 places in a department. It helps to make everything look messy and makes it difficult for guests to buy things they like in the sizes that they need. The majority of guest that find something they like but not their size are going to think that where they found the product is the only place it will be (which is how it SHOULD be), and aren't going to look for the same item in 1/2 other place to find the size they need.
No no, mannequins :D. If you have em you get more, if not, you stay w/o

Anyone else heard of this brand having some sort of one year warranty? I was recently told that this brand was supposed to "outlast the playground" and be durable enough for up to one year. I haven't read into it on workbench but my ETL-Softlines mentioned it in passing today and even she sounded confused.
If there is some sort of one-year warranty, I'll be shocked. Maybe if it's JUST on uniform clothing. If they do guarantee all/most pieces, it's going to be a nightmare for Guest Services.

Quote from the target website, when looking at cat & Jack Brand: "it’s all guaranteed. Cat & Jack is made to last, but if anything doesn't, you can return it up to 1 year later with your receipt."

Quote from the target website, when looking at cat & Jack Brand: "it’s all guaranteed. Cat & Jack is made to last, but if anything doesn't, you can return it up to 1 year later with your receipt."
Hahahahaha! What a nightmare this will be. 364 days after they purchase it, they return it. And since the kid has grown, they can just get another size? This will be interesting.

RTW Xhilaration is definitely the ugliest stuff we sell in softlines. Girls Xhil is okay though, a lot more muted and cohesive.
If I liked that comment any harder, I would have broken my laptop.

Really though, last year didn't seem as bad to me but now it all screams Coachella/the most meh to worst of the 70s and 90s. Not to mention a lot of the designer collections are kind of questionable, at least in my opinion.

Yes like all Target owned and licensed brands the line come with the 1 year policy, unless you pay with your Red Card and then it is 1 year and 30 days.

That was a really interesting article. There was one line that seemed super off-key though:

"Executives also want to highlight Target’s one-year guarantee on its own brands of clothes; no surprise that the promise tested well with everyone, especially, they say, Hispanic customers."
o_O ...even if it's true it seems like a really weird thing to include in the article when they didn't include any other similar data.

Overall it sounds like the Cat & Jack thing is a good move, but I still really dislike the name for some reason. And maybe it's more the combination of the name and the branding- something about it seems so...Raggedy Anne and Andy-ish or something. After the article pointed out the "almost vintage vibe" of the name I could kind of see that/appreciate it, but it definitely didn't occur to me on my own.

LOOK.....it says that a return can be made.....WITH YOUR RECEIPT.....I can see it now....people coming in one year later with receipts so faded that we absolutely can not read/scan them....then what do we say?? Oh, I'm sorry, we can't return your item because we can't read the receipt....how about you let us return it on your drivers license? Oh....you've already reached your max return rate for the current 12 month rolling cycle? Oh....I'm so sorry.....why don't you call corporate and see what they can do for you!

Wow....I just read the article about the new Target lines and products. It is nice to see that the leadership of Target is looking to be the "place to go" for all your needs...and it will look nice and maybe Target will become the trend leader again, instead of the follower that it has become.

It is exciting to see that our new CEO is interested in making great strides with Target!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back