COVID-19 covid-19 hours

maribee

always exhausted
Anyone else's store suddenly cutting hours in half? you'd think theyd need us to work more as more people get sick, but there are a couple weeks where im scheduled for 8 hours total. my team leads have all said they appreciate my work and one has said they wish GSAs still existed so that i could be one, and i think im doing very well there. i would just switch to full time but im still in school and will be until early june. is this something i could ask my etl about or would they just brush it off?

No one should be getting sick. Loa's are coming back. Surge on store pickups and sfs is lessening. And now your stl needs to run optimized ours with more staff in sfs and 2 people cleaning all day. It is standard target affaire. Open your availability and volunteer for other departments. That is all you can do.

I think our forecast was adjusted. We were failing miserably with the cuts and now we have more hours but not as many as before.

SD expects business as usual: follow all DBO expectations including: zone/reshop/push/1:1/backstock/SPL/pricing while salesfloor and backroommare clean and clear of all merch.......and of course the utmost guest service. In normal times “good luck with that” but NOW, with having to wear a mask (slows me down cause i can’t breath !), half the team leads, drastically reduced tm coverage and very needy (cause they’re bored and lonely ) guests, HOW is it possible ??
walking thru the salesfloor today there were very few GM tm’s. Actually, there seems to be some departments that have people working once per week or 1 tm expected to cover multiple departments (i.e. Plastic, home improv, bath, bedding, home decor and sometimes also sporting goods). That MIGHT be fine for completing truck push but how can ALL the SPL and pricing get done too?
Short staffed in both chiefs and indians should warrant a little leniency on everything being completed 100% with perfect BRLA. Just sayin.
While tm’s that actually show up are being blamed for not finishing - what about all those NOT there ? Don’t they have some responsibility in the non-results ?
i won’t even vent about the seasonals.....I can’t even take newbies when our regular tm’s are here. ONLY newbies working is killing me .

While tm’s that actually show up are being blamed for not finishing - what about all those NOT there ? Don’t they have some responsibility in the non-results ?

Officially, they can't. Spot has suspended the attendance policy and offered the LOAs. It would be extremely unwise for anyone in leadership to slag on people not coming in, even if they believe the TM is taking advantage (at the huddle where these changes were announced they said flat out they know some TMs will take advantage, and that's just the way it goes).

ETA: But that doesn't mean that TMs who call out a lot won't get fewer hours in the future, just that they won't be written up for absences.

I'm sorry your SD sucks for not recognizing the situation for what it is.

Officially, they can't. Spot has suspended the attendance policy and offered the LOAs. It would be extremely unwise for anyone in leadership to slag on people not coming in, even if they believe the TM is taking advantage (at the huddle where these changes were announced they said flat out they know some TMs will take advantage, and that's just the way it goes).

ETA: But that doesn't mean that TMs who call out a lot won't get fewer hours in the future, just that they won't be written up for absences.
Unfortunately it doesn't mean they WILL get fewer hours either. Depends on who they're chummy with and how on top of things one's HR and TL/ETL are.

SD expects business as usual: follow all DBO expectations including: zone/reshop/push/1:1/backstock/SPL/pricing while salesfloor and backroommare clean and clear of all merch.......and of course the utmost guest service. In normal times “good luck with that” but NOW, with having to wear a mask (slows me down cause i can’t breath !), half the team leads, drastically reduced tm coverage and very needy (cause they’re bored and lonely ) guests, HOW is it possible ??
walking thru the salesfloor today there were very few GM tm’s. Actually, there seems to be some departments that have people working once per week or 1 tm expected to cover multiple departments (i.e. Plastic, home improv, bath, bedding, home decor and sometimes also sporting goods). That MIGHT be fine for completing truck push but how can ALL the SPL and pricing get done too?
Short staffed in both chiefs and indians should warrant a little leniency on everything being completed 100% with perfect BRLA. Just sayin.
i won’t even vent about the seasonals.....I can’t even take newbies when our regular tm’s are here. ONLY newbies working is killing me .

I feel you. Our store is #1 in district in sales and most metrics. I hear about what a dumpster fire some other stores are. We're adding trucks with no extra TM scheduled to work. I'm getting screamed at about the zone and how I "need to get ahead on workload"

How?🤔

Back