Archived Curious about hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do I have 15.58 hrs if i worked two 8 hour shifts??? Like the way the hrs show up seriously confuses the hell out of me.🤔

how do I have 15.58 hrs if i worked two 8 hour shifts??? Like the way the hrs show up seriously confuses the hell out of me.🤔

The number is correct. 15:58 hours is the number of hours that you physically worked and will be paid for. This number excludes your meal breaks because you are clocked out during lunches. When you are clocked out, you don't get paid because you are not supposed to be working.

Edited: I accidentally wrote [.] while referencing OP's post instead of [:] so I updated it.

Last edited:
The number is correct. 15.58 hours is the number of hours that you physically worked and will be paid for. This number excludes your meal breaks because you are clocked out during lunches. When you are clocked out, you don't get paid because you are not supposed to be working.

But both times im scheduled 8.5 so my meals get excluded. 630-3 is 8.5

But both times im scheduled 8.5 so my meals get excluded. 630-3 is 8.5

Yes, but you are still under 16 worked hours for those two shifts combined because you took a longer lunch for one of your shifts. Your start and end times were not always exact either. I remember you starting a few minutes earlier for a 9AM shift. These little differences will affect the count.

Yes, but you are still under 16 worked hours for those two shifts combined because you took a longer lunch for one of your shifts. Your start and end times were not always exact either. I remember you starting a few minutes earlier for a 9AM shift. These little differences will affect the count.
Only 2 minutes though.

Only 2 minutes though.

That's what the total came out to be. However, that one lunch period that I was talking about was close to 40 mins or so. She started earlier on one of the shifts so it was one of the factors that balanced out the longer lunch.

My point though was that these little things affect the count so it won't be exactly 16 hours like OP expected.

Last edited:
True, but this entire thread is supposed to be about the difference between .58 hours and 58 minutes. I do agree with you, which is why I used to always clock in 5 minutes early to every shift, never leave early, and try to take a 31 minute (or even 30 minute) meal. Those minutes add up.

True, but this entire thread is supposed to be about the difference between .58 hours and 58 minutes. I do agree with you, which is why I used to always clock in 5 minutes early to every shift, never leave early, and try to take a 31 minute (or even 30 minute) meal. Those minutes add up.

The reason that I threw this info out there was because OP kept referring to her scheduled shift lengths in her posts when punches are actually what Kronos goes by when determining the total. This seemed like it could be a potential problem. This time, it wasn't a huge deal because it came out to be just 2 minutes less than her "two 8 hour shifts" at 15:58. Next time, there could be a bigger difference (maybe 12 minutes less at 15:48) so there could be potential confusion if that happens. Maybe I am thinking too far ahead but I just figured that more info about how stuff works doesn't hurt anyone.

Also, thanks, and glad that your minutes easily add up! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back