Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aargh! That's annoying. We have several patients with preferred brands that they don't want subbed. It will be a nightmare if the system does this at our store. I think it hasn't happened to us, but it very well could have.

Aargh! That's annoying. We have several patients with preferred brands that they don't want subbed. It will be a nightmare if the system does this at our store. I think it hasn't happened to us, but it very well could have.
We do too! We have a large elderly population and many of them have reasons for preferring certain generics, such as not wanting to take 2 white pills that look exactly the same. We also have people that prefer the previous generics we received on birth control. Just let us order whatever generics we need!

I kept track today and it did it 4 times. Once, AFTER I credentialed to accept the non-preferred NDC, then hit <enter>, it took me back to the rx, so I hit <enter> again, credentialed to process, THEN I got a pop-up that it had changed to the preferred NDC (which was OOS.)

Also had 3 rxs totally skip the scanning process in QP. When we printed the labels, they went straight to QV.

Usually it's the CII meds and already verified scripts (QV pharmacist sending it back for fixing SIG or something) that do that. Was this a non CII that came straight from QT?

Usually it's the CII meds and already verified scripts (QV pharmacist sending it back for fixing SIG or something) that do that. Was this a non CII that came straight from QT?
Yes. Levothyroxine, alprazolam, & Qvar. None were rejects. I was the only person filling, and had just pulled the meds.

I finally did see one do that today, I guess it's a glitch. I know it wasn't already scanned because I was the only one doing QP this morning so IT DOES happen. I'll just be sure to visually confirm the NDC when I see it happen. Our pharmacy isn't super high volume, so I haven't seen it frequently. But now I know! Thanks for the heads up @PharmaQueen.

According to the help desk, it "only" happens when the receipts "have been sitting there for a long time.":rolleyes: I told the guy that wasn't true because I had JUST printed one and it went straight to QV. He then had a few other excuses (someone else must've scanned it, I must've forgotten I scanned it, label reprint and had been previously scanned--all pertaining to it already being scanned) as to why it wasn't the system. We are also low-volume and some days it doesn't happen at all, other days it happens more???

Can anyone tell me if the scrubs have issues with shrinking? Thank you in advance.

Not at all. they have many sizes long and short sleeve so order what you think will fit you.

We do too! We have a large elderly population and many of them have reasons for preferring certain generics, such as not wanting to take 2 white pills that look exactly the same. We also have people that prefer the previous generics we received on birth control. Just let us order whatever generics we need!

Watch out when you put daw codes in sometimes it won't even ask you for your credentials. Make sure you keep doing it until it asks because it'll just switch out the brand for a generic again.

Also watch out for *CVS* improper generic or something like that when you try to switch them, try PA code 93 in the pa field to bypass that.

According to the help desk, it "only" happens when the receipts "have been sitting there for a long time.":rolleyes: I told the guy that wasn't true because I had JUST printed one and it went straight to QV. He then had a few other excuses (someone else must've scanned it, I must've forgotten I scanned it, label reprint and had been previously scanned--all pertaining to it already being scanned) as to why it wasn't the system. We are also low-volume and some days it doesn't happen at all, other days it happens more???

CVS employee says this stuff has been happening for years but usually only happens if a prescription is scanned into QV then edited. Once rx labels are reprinted, depending on what was changed, they go straight back to QV. Sometimes it glitches though and throws an rx from QP to QV after printing without being scan ready. If it doesn't cost CVS money then they don't give a rat's behind about it.

I call help desk the unhelp desk, those useless (insert bad word here) , or I just don't at all because it's not worth the 1/2 hr it's going to take on the phone between hold and their stupid questions.

Our trainer today was trying to convince us all that "RxConnect uses the latest technology" all I could do was laugh and think, "keep drinking that CVS kool-aid....it's even stronger than the Spot version":p

It's more the garbage systems they try to run rxconnect on than the system itself. Not that RXconnect is perfect, but it'd run better if the computers weren't crap. As far as the trainer goes, CVS does not like it, and I mean at all, when it's drones don't tow the company line. I just don't happen to give dang.

Some CVS plans require you use mail order after 1-3 retail fills. In these cases they won't even cover you at a CVS location.
I'm hoping this won't be the case fro the plans given to Target team members.

If you are talking about CVS Insurance then they don't care if you do mail order or retail. I got 90 day supplies at my store for a few years and not a word of mandatory mail order.

Last edited:
Not at all. they have many sizes long and short sleeve so order what you think will fit you.
I haven't seen an option for long sleeved scrubs, only long sleeved pharmacist coats???
Watch out when you put daw codes in sometimes it won't even ask you for your credentials. Make sure you keep doing it until it asks because it'll just switch out the brand for a generic again.
DAW codes don't have an impact on which generic is used. What they were referring to was someone wanting Mylan generic when the preferred is Teva or Sprintec instead of Estarylla

Also watch out for *CVS* improper generic or something like that when you try to switch them, try PA code 93 in the pa field to bypass that.
I'll have to try this as we have a ton of people with preferred manufacturers

CVS employee says this stuff has been happening for years but usually only happens if a prescription is scanned into QV then edited. Once rx labels are reprinted, depending on what was changed, they go straight back to QV. Sometimes it glitches though and throws an rx from QP to QV after printing without being scan ready. If it doesn't cost CVS money then they don't give a rat's behind about it.
Funny, according to the help desk, when we reported it, "they had never seen it happen before"
I call help desk the unhelp desk, those useless (insert bad word here) , or I just don't at all because it's not worth the 1/2 hr it's going to take on the phone between hold and their stupid questions.
tell me about it. It took them 30+ minutes to get me added into the system at a new store because the guy couldn't comprehend the error said "wrong password" and not "password expired."

It's more the garbage systems they try to run rxconnect on than the system itself. Not that RXconnect is perfect, but it'd run better if the computers weren't crap. As far as the trainer goes, CVS does not like it, and I mean at all, when it's drones don't tow the company line. I just don't happen to give dang.
oh, don't get me started on the trainers....

If you are talking about CVS Insurance then they don't care if you do mail order or retail. I got 90 day supplies at my store for a few years and not a word of mandatory mail order.
Not all plans. We ran into one yesterday that was mandatory mail order. The customer was PISSED because 3 of the 5 orders he's placed since January have been "lost." The most recent was somewhere in WYOMING as of 4-10 (last tracking info they could find on them!) They want him to PAY to replace them & he's refusing. He and I BOTH went round and round with them and they won't back down. He finally told them what they could do with their mail order and just paid cash. I told him to file a dispute with his cc company for the charge since he never received the meds & they're refusing to resend. He thanked me profusely and said he'd be getting all of his meds through us, "one way or another"

I'm talking about non-CVS employees who have Caremark insurance. We have a nearby hospital chain that has many employees on Caremark insurance. They are allowed to do two maintenance fills with retail, then they MUST go mail-order. To date I have had three one-time-exception allowances, but most commonly they deny this and tell the patient they are basically outta luck and have to wait until mail order arrives.

I'm talking about non-CVS employees who have Caremark insurance. We have a nearby hospital chain that has many employees on Caremark insurance. They are allowed to do two maintenance fills with retail, then they MUST go mail-order. To date I have had three one-time-exception allowances, but most commonly they deny this and tell the patient they are basically outta luck and have to wait until mail order arrives.
Most of ours are allowed to use us for maintenance fills, but they have to get 90-day supplies. We are currently fighting with 1 doctor who REFUSES to give his patient more than 1 month at a time!

Most of ours are allowed to use us for maintenance fills, but they have to get 90-day supplies. We are currently fighting with 1 doctor who REFUSES to give his patient more than 1 month at a time!
That's just ridiculous. 90-day supplies increase patient adherence. I work in the pharmacy and still want all of my meds as 90-day supplies. I do understand if you're dealing with a condition such as bipolar disorder where you might need frequent changes to meds.

I haven't come across a mandatory mail plan for Caremark insurance yet, but we do have patients with Caremark insurance that are limited to 30 day supplies. It probably just depends on the plan your employer chooses.

That's just ridiculous. 90-day supplies increase patient adherence. I work in the pharmacy and still want all of my meds as 90-day supplies. I do understand if you're dealing with a condition such as bipolar disorder where you might need frequent changes to meds.

I haven't come across a mandatory mail plan for Caremark insurance yet, but we do have patients with Caremark insurance that are limited to 30 day supplies. It probably just depends on the plan your employer chooses.
Yeah, he's just a jackass. He will only send 1 month to mail order as well :rolleyes:

Certain meds under Caremark are limited to 30-day supplies, but most maintenance meds are 90-days. Fortunately, in my state, if there are enough refills to cover it, the rph can change at their discretion.

Had to get into it with a Caremark rep today over BC. Patient's plan will ONLY pay for a 30 or 90 day supply. She couldn't comprehend why I couldn't dispense it in either 30 or 90. (For those who don't know, BC only comes in 21, 28, or 91 ct packages.) She seriously told me to "just open another package." o_O At that point, I asked for a supervisor...

I feel so bad, in part due to us being miss informed, regarding what we have been telling people regarding their insurance working once we converted. A lot of our patients are double covered, however two of the most common insurance providers, that happen to also be used by the two largest employers in town, CVS has chosen not to allow cob claims with them as secondary now that we have converted. We are going to be losing a lot of patients, and we are probably going to be yelled at a lot in the coming weeks over this... Some of them I will be sad to see go, others, maybe not.

I'm sorry for this rant but I'm livid right now and know this is the place to get this out.

Our pharmacists come up on a daily basis to get trenta ice waters and bring them back to pharmacy. They've always been sweet, respectful, and have always waited in line and thanked us afterward.

Well, one pharmacist came up to me to get the waters and looked upset. I asked her what was going on, and she made a comment that she's tired of being treated differently. I asked her what she meant, and long story short, no one acknowledges her any more. She walks past a Target TM and says hi, and they keep walking. She makes it a point to say hi to an ETL walking past pharmacy and this ETL flat out stared at her for a moment, shook their head, and walked away. She got teary telling me this and I felt myself get very heated, and feel awful at the same time. SHE'S STILL A HUMAN BEING AND HAS FEELINGS. I understand she's a part of CVS now, but does that mean we shouldn't respect her? Honestly, I can't believe the nerve of some people. I made sure to ask if us baristas still treat her the same and she said yes and thanked me for asking her that. Knowing, however, that my own managers refuse to speak to these pharmacists...I can't believe the immaturity. I'm really angry, and even though I know I can't do anything, I'm heartbroken for them.

So I'll keep greeting them, giving them their drinks, talking with them as I do, and telling them to have a good day because they sure as hell deserve it, and screw the ones who don't believe so.

Rant over.
Ugh.

We are treated the same way at our store,now we are CVS noone will even talk to us anymore,it's sad since I worked for Target for over 20 years

I see quite a few Target team members because I have a locker in clerical. We are still very friendly with each other. Most of the ETLs walk by the pharmacy to talk to us, which is nice because we never talk about work because it's forbidden by the contract. It might be different at my store because the STL is awesome and still considers us part of her team.

Since our CVS pharmacy staff can't use the break room and don't use the lockers, we don't see them as much anymore. When I pass the pharmacy they are either with customers or behind the divider working on orders and I have never bothered them then. If I see them on the sales floor shopping or coming in or out of work I'll acknowledge them, and since I have a number of scripts, I see them when I pick them up and will have a quick chat with them. I don't know how the ETLs treat them, but for the most part, I think there has been no change in how the rest of the TMs treat them either. To just plain ignore the pharmacy staff is more than rude it is disrespectful and ignorant.

Since our CVS pharmacy staff can't use the break room and don't use the lockers, we don't see them as much anymore. When I pass the pharmacy they are either with customers or behind the divider working on orders and I have never bothered them then. If I see them on the sales floor shopping or coming in or out of work I'll acknowledge them, and since I have a number of scripts, I see them when I pick them up and will have a quick chat with them. I don't know how the ETLs treat them, but for the most part, I think there has been no change in how the rest of the TMs treat them either. To just plain ignore the pharmacy staff is more than rude it is disrespectful and ignorant.
what do they do with their personal items?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back