Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do they do with their personal items?

I imagine they bring their items into the pharmacy. We do. We don't have lockers in Target or any Target offstage area, and it's not reasonable to leave all your personal belongings unattended in a car all day.

I don't carry my purse to work anymore. I have my phone/wallet, car keys & sometimes sunglasses. It's all I need. None of us use lockers anymore. Half of the CVS designated lockers don't even work anyway.

Has this transition worked to anyone's benefit?
I can't believe how awful everything has become in such a short time. We are very clearly not the same pharmacy any longer.
I've worked for some bad companies, and my few years at Target I considered myself lucky to have found a place in such a better company-I know my sentiment isn't shared with everyone here, but from my years of experience Target was a blessing of a work environment. CVS though, this is unbelievable. Maybe Target just had me spoiled, but I can't believe how terrible every day at work is now.

Anyways, I'm trying to see a silver lining here… Has this worked out to the benefit of anyone here?

I'm not sure, not being in the pharmacy. One of our techs has quit, but I think everyone else is giving it some time. That said, everyone in pharmacy is still kind of part of the team at my store. Eat in the breakroom, no stickers on lockers etc. Everyone is just still friendly and chats. When I'm LOD, I still check in with them. Some of our rx staff has been there a long time. I do notice more fill in pharmacists now though.

Has this transition worked to anyone's benefit?
I can't believe how awful everything has become in such a short time. We are very clearly not the same pharmacy any longer.
I've worked for some bad companies, and my few years at Target I considered myself lucky to have found a place in such a better company-I know my sentiment isn't shared with everyone here, but from my years of experience Target was a blessing of a work environment. CVS though, this is unbelievable. Maybe Target just had me spoiled, but I can't believe how terrible every day at work is now.

Anyways, I'm trying to see a silver lining here… Has this worked out to the benefit of anyone here?
Yes and no. I'm in a unique position, though, because I work at multiple stores. Some have gotten busier with the transition, others not so much...

I have never liked using Target pharmacy and usually get my prescriptions at a stand alone CVS, with the exception of one I get from Walmart because it is half the price there. I always hated the way Target pharmacy was set up with a single line for both dropping off and picking up. The line is usually fairly long and I have controlled substance ADHD prescriptions for my son that can't get refills and can't be called in so my doctor writes multiple 1 month prescriptions that I have to get filled monthly. At my local CVS there is almost never a line to drop off and the line to pick up is rarely more than 2 or 3 deep. The seem to work well in this mid to low volume environment. With the high volume pharmacy environment at my store the customer service has completely fallen apart coupled with the single long line with has always been 6+ at any time of the day. I had a guest call for the LOD to complain for 20 minutes about how she has been using Target pharmacy since the store opened 12 years ago and now after several interactions with the CVS in Target is ready to transfer them all to Walgreens.

I know Target gets a decent amount of foot traffic from those picking up prescriptions. It would be a shame to lose that if CVS continues to fail the guests who have been using and loving Target pharmacy.

I have never liked using Target pharmacy and usually get my prescriptions at a stand alone CVS, with the exception of one I get from Walmart because it is half the price there. I always hated the way Target pharmacy was set up with a single line for both dropping off and picking up. The line is usually fairly long and I have controlled substance ADHD prescriptions for my son that can't get refills and can't be called in so my doctor writes multiple 1 month prescriptions that I have to get filled monthly. At my local CVS there is almost never a line to drop off and the line to pick up is rarely more than 2 or 3 deep. The seem to work well in this mid to low volume environment. With the high volume pharmacy environment at my store the customer service has completely fallen apart coupled with the single long line with has always been 6+ at any time of the day. I had a guest call for the LOD to complain for 20 minutes about how she has been using Target pharmacy since the store opened 12 years ago and now after several interactions with the CVS in Target is ready to transfer them all to Walgreens.

I know Target gets a decent amount of foot traffic from those picking up prescriptions. It would be a shame to lose that if CVS continues to fail the guests who have been using and loving Target pharmacy.

I don't mean to sound defensive, but Target is driving away business all by themselves with their recent political stances and Brian Cornell can only seem to find blame in the weather?! Target shares plunge as sales fall, outlook spooks Street

Everyone knew of CVS reputation before the conversion, so it's Target's fault if it backfires. CVS failing the pharmacy guests is the least of their problems. They made more money with their pharmacy and clinic business, but didn't appreciate it. I don't think Brian Cornell will last much longer.

Last edited:
So conversion happened a couple days ago and that was rough. The biggest killer was lack of communication, patients were getting severely upset with wait time because some people were promised 20 minutes and it's been over an hour. I had a really blunt conversation with the drop off technician and their trainer about that considering I seemed to be get the luck of being at the register when the patient was upset. Typing up a new Rx was easy enough, and by closing I was able to type up prescriptions pretty fast, but the weird issues they had with oregon medicaid was just irritating. I think they have a workaround coming up for that one.

Another big patient relation issue was that all of our stores were told to call the patients three days before conversion to come get their meds, but we weren't allowed to say that it was because if they didn't it was going to be RTSed and had to be rerun, so guess how many came in on conversion day expecting their meds to be ready? Yeah, that was not fun.

So conversion happened a couple days ago and that was rough. The biggest killer was lack of communication, patients were getting severely upset with wait time because some people were promised 20 minutes and it's been over an hour. I had a really blunt conversation with the drop off technician and their trainer about that considering I seemed to be get the luck of being at the register when the patient was upset. Typing up a new Rx was easy enough, and by closing I was able to type up prescriptions pretty fast, but the weird issues they had with oregon medicaid was just irritating. I think they have a workaround coming up for that one.

Another big patient relation issue was that all of our stores were told to call the patients three days before conversion to come get their meds, but we weren't allowed to say that it was because if they didn't it was going to be RTSed and had to be rerun, so guess how many came in on conversion day expecting their meds to be ready? Yeah, that was not fun.
Why wouldn't they let you tell them the reason they needed to pick up their meds? We did at all the stores where I work! It made a WORLD of difference at one because we had <100 to redo!

No crap, I'm so angry about that. We had over 300 to redo.
We weren't allowed to call people prior to conversion and we had over 500 scripts to reprocess :mad:. All day we had people coming in to pick up their meds that were previously ready and of course they didn't understand that we were in the process of reprocessing everything on the new system. That was a little over a week ago and things are running smoothly now.

We weren't allowed to call people prior to conversion and we had over 500 scripts to reprocess :mad:. All day we had people coming in to pick up their meds that were previously ready and of course they didn't understand that we were in the process of reprocessing everything on the new system. That was a little over a week ago and things are running smoothly now.
This makes even LESS sense to me! Yes, making the calls was a PITA, but it saved so much time in the long run!

I'm not sure, not being in the pharmacy. One of our techs has quit, but I think everyone else is giving it some time. That said, everyone in pharmacy is still kind of part of the team at my store. Eat in the breakroom, no stickers on lockers etc. Everyone is just still friendly and chats. When I'm LOD, I still check in with them. Some of our rx staff has been there a long time. I do notice more fill in pharmacists now though.
Our are the same. However, they have been told by the guests that when aren't there, they won't use the pharmacy. They all hate CVS. They hate auto-fill and they feel sad that such nice people got a raw deal. We still treat the ones we know from before (like our former ETL-PHARM bless her heart) like she's family. She still has access. The cvs unknowns arent allowed anywhere backstage that isn't attached to a phamacy door. I love our ETL-AP and his paranoia.

So I'm traveling and I just passed a store in Texas with a outside CVS Pharmacy sign where just the 'Pharmacy' used to be.
Yes...I'm in Texas and we converted a couple of weeks ago :(. I'm still very sad about it. All of the Target team members tell me that they hate our new bottles and I completely understand. CVS killed a great system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back