Archived Dating a Coworker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think of this? I never seen it at Target but my friend works at papa johns and there are like 2 or 3 sets of couples that work together.

I find it kind of odd to be honest. I just think that its kind of odd someone couldn't find someone else to date besides their own coworker. lolz

What do you guys think of this? I never seen it at Target but my friend works at papa johns and there are like 2 or 3 sets of couples that work together.

I find it kind of odd to be honest. I just think that its kind of odd someone couldn't find someone else to date besides their own coworker. lolz
Happens fairly frequently at my store. Pretty much always results in DRAMA.

We have a lot of couples at our store. Most of our couples work in different departments, but we have one couple that routinely work at same time on salesfloor.

As long as it isn't a conflict of interest (either participant in AP, is their direct TL, or can be LOD) it's fine. Although, I personally think that they should be in different workcenters, because if the breakup is ugly and they are forced to work together that shit can get ugly fast.

I am dating another tl we are different departments but when we started dating he was a tl and I was a team member going on 5 years. It's not too bad but none of the target relationships have ended badly here.

My husband worked directly under me in fast food. He'd worked for the company longer (on and off) but i was a manager when he came back the last time. We worked six nights a week together. 48hrs+. And we lived together. Never a problem. In fact it worked between because we only needed one other person to make a closing team. I said do dishes he did them.

We've been together about 12ish years now. 11 married after leaving that job. One out of the other three couples is still together. Two are on their second spouse after that relationship.

We have a few sets of couples that work at our store.

One of the couples would sometimes canoodle in the TSC. I found that kind of annoying. If I am waiting near the timeclock to punch in I don't want to have a couple a few feet away from me giving each other other a couple little kisses and discussing their relationship.

Another couple would walk around Target holding hands while on their breaks and even through they normally took off their name tags (although sometimes they still had their name tags on) it was pretty clear they were employed there and not just two random people who happened to both be wearing red and khakis. I once had a guest causally mention it, she had seen them from a distance and didn't know they were on their break and said something like "its weird that they are holding hands while working". I heard from another TM who was working one night that this particular couple actually got into an argument while on the floor and a leader had to get them to stop.

An APS and a GSA are dating which seems like a big no no. Otherwise 2 TLs are dating. A POG TM and a p-fresh TM are dating, and POG TL and a TM who does a little of everything (including helping pog...) are dating as well. It doesn't seem like leadership cares... But the APS guy really shouldn't be dating a GSA.

We had a lady at my store who was married....she started messing around with a guy who also works at my store.She left her husband and they moved in together. Then, she broke up with him and started dating another guy we worked with. We don't need to watch soaps at my store.....we have all the drama and entertainment you could want .

I've seen plenty of dating of co-workers over my years of working for the company. One person in particular had a list of guys she wanted to sleep with, and would cross them off when she got what she wanted.
There's been a few co-workers I wanted to date over the years, and one TL. It's never happened.

When I was an ETL I was dating the POG Team Leader. No conflict of interest as my position could not provide supervision to hers - she worked for the Sr. Merch. The STL and DTL knew and didn't care.

My store is pretty much the offline live version of Tinder.

I have to admit though, I don't blame them. Khakis have a way of showing a girls features... We can't help but look and flirt.

Last edited:
The only woman in my entire life that ever flirted with me was an Human Resources TM. Just my luck.

I'm too old for everyone, and everyone's too old for me.

There are a few couples here and there at my store. I pretty much ignore them unless I'm friends with them; ain't nobody got time fo' dat dramatic shit.

I used to date a co-worker at my other job. We had been close before we started dating, so it wasn't too awkward after we broke up. But then we got back together after she quit, and that got messy.

Although it was not 'dating' I banged a fellow ETL on the STL's desk. We both had put in our two weeks and figured what the hell, we had nothing to lose. I hope he enjoyed the mess we left behind, and I'm not talking about messed up papers.
So you both just happened to get horny at the same place, at the same time? Nice, lmao!

as long as both people are able to get their work done and there is no conflict of interest I don't see a problem with it.

We have several couples at our store, conflicts of interest be damned. (HR isn't supposed to be dating anyone but is)(AP not supposed to date anyone but is)(2 ETLs are both "friends") ;)

Last edited:
So you both just happened to get horny at the same place, at the same time? Nice, lmao!
Not so much horny but revenge sex against the STL. She tended to squirt, and I blew my load all over his desk. It was both our last day and the STL was out of the office. I wonder if he ever figured out what the mess was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back