Discrimination

I'm just curious if any other older straight white males feel discriminated against at their store? I know I certainly am having just filed a charged with the EEOC against my SD. Target preaches inclusivity, and I'm just curious if Corporate is totally oblivious to the the truth or is this something that just happens at my location... constantly?

I'm just curious if any other older straight white males feel discriminated against at their store? I know I certainly am having just filed a charged with the EEOC against my SD. Target preaches inclusivity, and I'm just curious if Corporate is totally oblivious to the the truth or is this something that just happens at my location... constantly?
Nope. I would guess that it's just your location. Are you willing to give any examples?

Nope. I would guess that it's just your location. Are you willing to give any examples?
Not without possibly giving away the location, it's quite numerous and certainly intentional. Let's just say I've never seen anybody but a SWM ordered to grab a broom and sweep up a mess left by another employee, but that doesn't even scratch the surface....

Being a white straight male under 55, you don't belong to any protected class. If you live in a will to work state, you can be fired or passed up for promotion for any reason (other than a reason involving a protected class) or no reason at all.

I believe age discrimination protection begins at 40. White males are becoming an endangered species at Target, particularly in leadership roles. It's becoming very obvious.

Wasn't it a couple of years ago they made a commitment to be a certain percentage of minorities by a certain time company wide? Well, how do you think they'll get there...

I believe age discrimination protection begins at 40. White males are becoming an endangered species at Target, particularly in leadership roles. It's becoming very obvious.

Wasn't it a couple of years ago they made a commitment to be a certain percentage of minorities by a certain time company wide? Well, how do you think they'll get there...
It’s not discrimination against white men to promote equally qualified minorities. In the history of Target there have been far more straight white men in leadership roles than any other demographic.

As a 56 year old SWM have I ever felt discriminated against by Target?

NO!

I have never felt discriminated because of that anywhere worked.

Then again I don't live in fantasy world thinking things were better FOR EVERYONE forty years ago.

Last edited:
We had a TL who micro'ed or tried to micro some of us who were normal, who had steady family lives, good kids, successful kids. She was hideous and ended up getting bounced anyway. Needless to say she was a very stupid woman with many bugs up her ass. Most of our other TL's were cool.

We had a TL who micro'ed or tried to micro some of us who were normal, who had steady family lives, good kids, successful kids. She was hideous and ended up getting bounced anyway. Needless to say she was a very stupid woman with many bugs up her ass. Most of our other TL's were cool.
So she picked on you because you were normal and had good kids? And you know this was the reason? How? Did she twirl her mustache and say "Damn you and your normalcy and your happy marriage and successful kids!"?

You feel discriminated on as not just an elder but as white....
I have no words....

Or ones that arent gonna put me on the walk of shame with a warning.

Call me when you feel discriminated on for something real

9c980ec0a5c0784f64e24a5e11bf724b (1).jpeg

Last edited:
She had it out for males over 50 who had minds. There were several of us who went to Target following successful careers elsewhere. Couple of bucks but primarily something to do with marginal benefits. The 401-K was decent. Easy to navigate and to wiggle assets back and forth from one product to another. Being cautious I will not add more details but she bounced around the district store to store and to preserve her position she started throwing her weight around. Big mistake, everyone saw through her bullshit as did the STL and DTL.

Being a white straight male under 55, you don't belong to any protected class. If you live in a will to work state, you can be fired or passed up for promotion for any reason (other than a reason involving a protected class) or no reason at all.
First sentence isn't quite true. Sexual orientation, race and gender are protected classes. It's just that straight white males have rarely needed the benefit of those protections and rarely experience that sort of discrimination, compared to literally everyone else. Second part is so painfully true.

I don't think straight or white is a problem ever but I definitely think target is sexist in the regards to always asking the guys to do the manual labor stuff. It's even asked on the walkie if there are any guys that could go out for carts, or help with team lifts.

I only have a problem with this because it's a requirement to lift x amount of lbs at target regardless of sex and getting carts well ..anyone can accomplish it. There are plenty capable individuals from both sides so i wish they'd just ask if anyone could do it instead of any guys

I don't think straight or white is a problem ever but I definitely think target is sexist in the regards to always asking the guys to do the manual labor stuff. It's even asked on the walkie if there are any guys that could go out for carts, or help with team lifts.

I only have a problem with this because it's a requirement to lift x amount of lbs at target regardless of sex and getting carts well ..anyone can accomplish it. There are plenty capable individuals from both sides so i wish they'd just ask if anyone could do it instead of any guys
I usually ask for someone with strength and/or more height than I have to help with lifts, etc. Inevitably it is the women who respond, but at our store it is typically the women who respond to walkie requests so this doesn't surprise me. I don't think anyone asks for guys specifically... it's usually asking for a team member to help.

At my store we have (I'm being tactless) an "old lady" who likes getting the carts from the parking lot. We have another woman, short and with some back and hip issues, who has been the one in the trailer during the unload.

Men are physically larger stronger than women. It’s not sexist to ask them to carry a 100 pound tv stand to a guests car over a woman.

Back