Archived Electronics Pay for Non-Electronics TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Militantagnostic

Former associate of the Targetti Crime Syndicate
What's the policy for non-electronics TMs filling in for an Electronics TM that calls out. I've had to do this twice now and I wanted to know if I can request Electronics pay for those shifts worked.

Doubt it lmao, I worked electronics for 4 months and wasn't getting the 50 cent pay raise for any of it. Part of the reason I left.

Not that I know of. TMs just get more work hours for picking up shifts.

Which work center are you in, @Militantagnostic ?

If they ever deliberately schedule you in electronics more often than the shifts in your own work center, then you have a fair chance at requesting that they change your work center to electronics so you can get higher pay (assuming that you are not already in the same pay grade).

Not that I know of. TMs just get more work hours for picking up shifts.

Which work center are you in, @Militantagnostic ?

If they ever deliberately schedule you in electronics more often than the shifts in your own work center, then you have a fair chance at requesting that they change your work center to electronics so you can get higher pay (assuming that you are not already in the same pay grade).

My ETL-Food told me something like if more than 50% of your shifts are in a different department, you get paid the higher wage you'd get if you were keyed in that department.

edit: of course probably ASANTS

My ETL-Food told me something like if more than 50% of your shifts are in a different department, you get paid the higher wage you'd get if you were keyed in that department.

edit: of course probably ASANTS

TTGOz, I have heard a leader say something similar once too. Probably not because I have heard from TMs that they don't automatically get higher pay so they want to change work centers.

Let's see if HRZone might know anything about this since he does lots of scheduling:

@HRZone , for the 50% of your shifts thing, are the leaders saying that if, let's say, a HLTM had 75% of their shifts transferred to electronics in myTime, then they automatically get electronics pay for that week?

Last edited:
No. This does not happen.
If you are keyed as a HL TM, you get that pay regardless of which department you work in, or what percent of your shifts are in a higher PG department. If you are routinely scheduled over half of your shifts in a higher PG department, you are supposed to be rekeyed as the higher PG department. None of this happens automatically.

No. This does not happen.
If you are keyed as a HL TM, you get that pay regardless of which department you work in, or what percent of your shifts are in a higher PG department. If you are routinely scheduled over half of your shifts in a higher PG department, you are supposed to be rekeyed as the higher PG department. None of this happens automatically.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I don't know why that particular leader was giving out inaccurate info about pay rates. It just sets TMs up to be disappointed.

Spot on yetive. What I tell team members is that if you are scheduled in a higher paying department continually, feel free to request the pay but if it's just over one week you may be simply covering a vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back