I'm Lost! Electronics Transition

Anyone pre-tying their electronics transition? if so- how do I do that? We got rid of online planogram and my store has all new computers so any tips/ tricks would be appreciated :)

We started Pre-tie 2 weeks ago on all Pogs/revisions that would let us. We started setting some of the stuff already this week. The good thing with us nothing majorly changes like isles flipping just plenty new product or fixtures/cases. We’ve luckily are able to keep up with clearance & dcode and that has been easily merchandised (barely have anything of either compared to other stores) We always have the map by our counter for reference Incase ever needed

POGS are on the new set workload tool. Since it's a POG it's under something named similar to "presentation workload" and from there look under Tech. They're all there. From there just pre tie from the zebra, a bit tedious but nothing too time consuming.

I actually really like the tool but they have things organized a little weird.

It's so weird we tried to look it up and nothing shows up for us yet. All the pogs on the mydevice don't come up with any results

It's so weird we tried to look it up and nothing shows up for us yet. All the pogs on the mydevice don't come up with any results
They changed the way the system works.
before you didn’t know the future pog numbers before two weeks out. Now they show numbers for months and months. But they won’t actually populate until it’s 2 weeks out from the set date.

There is an option to pull all "End of Life" items by fill group. If you go to exf and then click on the little blue line at the top that says fill [your fill group]. From there select End of Life and then click the box that says Discontinued. It should show you numbers of how much Discode you have in the fill group. You can create a batch from there.

EOL is the way to get all discountinued, clearance out of the backroom as long as it is properly backstocked. Our issue now is we actually sold thru all of ours and now are waiting for more to become discounted. I know it’s rare but it happens

that’s the fun on reprofiling the stockroom since that was last done & just the fact our stockroom is so light on product back there it’s easy to spot by chance if something is out of the ordinary not bsckstocked
I go through a couple backrook aisles a week fixing and moving things around. I’m so familiar with what’s back there it’s insane. I walk them everyday and make sure people are sticking to fillgroups and backroom standards. Like you said it’s easy to point out things wrong after you fix an aisle

Could someone please explain what pre-tie does exactly? I'm pretty much the point-man at my location and trying to learn everything I can for this double transition that we're just a week away from starting. If at all possible I would like to prepare for it ahead of time. I know the basic fundamentals of plano, but when I was looking into sale plans I noticed the function of pre-tie and the leaders I asked didn't know what it did or weren't comfortable giving me an answer because they weren't sure and didn't want to give me wrong information. It sounds useful and I would like to add it to my tools for making my department more prepared so the team can be successful.

Could someone please explain what pre-tie does exactly? I'm pretty much the point-man at my location and trying to learn everything I can for this double transition that we're just a week away from starting. If at all possible I would like to prepare for it ahead of time. I know the basic fundamentals of plano, but when I was looking into sale plans I noticed the function of pre-tie and the leaders I asked didn't know what it did or weren't comfortable giving me an answer because they weren't sure and didn't want to give me wrong information. It sounds useful and I would like to add it to my tools for making my department more prepared so the team can be successful.
Pre-tie is to catch transition of the truck instead of touching it multiple times . Take Christmas for example , I own that department so on Monday I’m gonna start pre-tying all my aisles . The reason you pre-tie 2 weeks ahead is enough time for the DC to start sending you the merchandise with the location labels on it . That’s how inbound is able to trap is . If you miss the pre-tie you will have to scan each box to see which location it goes to.

I also run truck so if any gmtl didn’t pre -tied their department rest assure shit won’t get sorted .

Back