Employee Discount Misuse

My dad used my employee discount for expensive items. I didn’t realize because he had been logged into my target app previously. If I return the items will it still be a problem?

How do they keep track of that? Will it be a problem although it’s all being returned right away.

The only real misuse is letting friends use it or reselling what you buy. Immediate family members (not extended mom and dad specifically is fine) are fine and if your a minor and live with your family its fine. If your anxiety is to much though talk to your ap. Explain things calmy and ask their thoughts. You will NOT be fired or arrested its not the first time nor the last time this occured. They can tell you if its and issue and offer a solution if need be.

Unless your dad bought several ridiculously expensive items of the same type and this happens on the regular the AP isn't going to care. AP gets a list of what employees buy, but unless they see your name consistently attached to buying PS5 or buying a TV every week they're not going to care.

Target loves to investigate TM discount misuse. Allowing non-family members use the discount. Visible documented instances where you use your discount and get paid back.

How many instances did these happen?
How much were the purchases?
Do you know if your father set the billing details to his name?
Are you living at the same address?
What was the payment method; Target card method or other allowed discount Tender?

Target loves to investigate TM discount misuse. Allowing non-family members use the discount. Visible documented instances where you use your discount and get paid back.

How many instances did these happen?
How much were the purchases?
Do you know if your father set the billing details to his name?
Are you living at the same address?
What was the payment method; Target card method or other allowed discount Tender?
tf are you on lmao. it is NEVER this serious. Unless this guy bought like 9 PS5s nothing is going to happen.

Doesn't matter, your discount if your YOUR dependants, your wife/husband or kids. If you are a minor or a dependent, your parents are not allowed to use your discount. I always used the example if you claim them on your taxes they can use your discount.

I asked the question because it is a grey area.

this jogs a memory - my daughter tried to use my discount. She had it saved to the app, but the cashier wouldn't let her. It was for a friggin chocolate milk. I bet that cashier felt mighty important that day. smh

this jogs a memory - my daughter tried to use my discount. She had it saved to the app, but the cashier wouldn't let her. It was for a friggin chocolate milk. I bet that cashier felt mighty important that day. smh
For the cashier, better safe than sorry. Not worth getting fired over letting someone use a discount if they aren't sure it's legit.

For the cashier, better safe than sorry. Not worth getting fired over letting someone use a discount if they aren't sure it's legit.
right but are you really going to get written up for checking a TM ID for chocolate milk?

What’s the diff if i had it as an OPU?

If it’s on the app just make them scan wallet fuck em

You will be penalized and put on a supervised road clean up crew in Columbia, S.C. picking up trash along I-26 in the middle of the summer when it's 103 deg F.

right but are you really going to get written up for checking a TM ID for chocolate milk?

What’s the diff if i had it as an OPU?

I mean this politely but you clearly have never had the "won award for Having A Stick Up My Ass" type of manager, have you?
I mean, either someone is allowed to use the discount or they aren't. It's black and white. As a TM, I'm not going down because someone wants to save 10 cents on a purchase when they aren't entitled to it.

If you allow one person to use a discount erroneously, why not let everyone? Where is the line drawn then?

Buddy if you get caught Target is gonna let you go, for abusing employee discount. You CANNOT let anyone even if they are your friends, or family to use employee discount. The team leader is gonna heavily monitor your activities especially if you are seasonal, or working in 90 days probationary period.

Back