MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

^ meh. Welcome to Flow.

Oh, I know. 10 years here. :cool:

I had an end-to-end SLs team member run me down today with a "repack" with literally three things in it - all of which she passed on her way to find me. You're telling me just because you are "only" scheduled to do SLs, that you can't touch anything else in the store anymore? We all have devices. You passed the item. It took a minute or less to put up. We all still work at the same store. If I can help you, why can't you help me? These special teams are only going to give lazy team members an excuse to look the other way if it is "not their area". (And, yes, I realize that team member has their own job to do, but one minute is not going to kill the productivity for the day.)

And dayside is in for a rude awakening too... Its not "flow's freight" anymore, the lines are blurred and everyone works freight for their department until its done.
Hahaha. My pog team didn't even get to be toy team this year except for our new hire. I did truck five days a week... because we took truck six or seven days a week. I even got stuck on the first double truck I recall. After truck it was seasonal push, backup, cover electronics, and push whatever vehicles had stuff in them from whatever. The problem is that my team is trained to do flow, and does it better from knowing the full life cycle of an item in the store... flow knows how to unload and put stuff on a shelf (hopefully correctly) and maybe pull and backstock. I am trained in more work centers than my etls/stl. Realistically I'm the most cross trained in the store through my own evil genius. Even a good flow tm at my store can't say the same. And most of them get paid more than I do. The playing field isn't even close to even, as I'm asked daily to #supporttheteam but when it's time to hang huge things from 14ft in the air I'm across the store by myself.

That's what you guys get

Shit on flow, now they get all hours

And with the entire flow team learning cashiering, goodbye hours for dayside sftms

Lmao

The guest doesn't matter

Lol you realize a full floor of product that doesn't sell is worthless right?
Rock Lobster its already that way for all the overnight stores that went 4am half the flow team quit before the first 4am truck and they can't staff to save their lives since almost no one wants to work a 4hr shift starting at 4am..

Our best overnight people transferred to the one AA in our group.

We had 10 compliance violations last week because our flow team doesn't finish by 830 so they stay until 10 and don't clock out by 9. Just awful

Lol you realize a full floor of product that doesn't sell is worthless right?

Our best overnight people transferred to the one AA in our group.

We had 10 compliance violations last week because our flow team doesn't finish by 830 so they stay until 10 and don't clock out by 9. Just awful

We had a bunch transfer to our store when our sister store went 4am, they have now quit when we went 4am.

And that snowflake that thinks his shit doesn't stink and that hours are owed to him cause he can put things on a shelf will learn that life don't work that way. I love to watch karma when she pays a visit.. And she always pays a visit. Guests while he thinks they don't matter, actually matter you don't have to like them but you want them to spend as much money as possible. He hasn't learned that is how he gets paid.

We had a bunch transfer to our store when our sister store went 4am, they have now quit when we went 4am.

And that snowflake that thinks his shit doesn't stink and that hours are owed to him cause he can put things on a shelf will learn that life don't work that way. I love to watch karma when she pays a visit.. And she always pays a visit. Guests while he thinks they don't matter, actually matter you don't have to like them but you want them to spend as much money as possible. He hasn't learned that is how he gets paid.
The karma is already happening to the anti flow people.

Watching people who kept slamming flow lose their hours to them is delicious.

And in this case, the guest doesn't matter. The objective is to fill the floor as effective as possible. Guest will still by stuff no matter what

This is week 3 for our SL end-to-end. The only thing this has meant for our store is that there are midshifts everyday. Nothing else's changed.
I passed by our vml and etl-sf having a heated discussion about the ladies pulling their own autos/ pogs and backstocking...vml was not having it. Separation by end of summer seems inevitable for her... she hates the job now and is fighting the changes completely.

After the last three quarters, Spot will be lucky to have 2 years. :(
Spot will learn from this, but certainly won't be declining to closure. Sears and KMart have been bleeding for years and are still around. Target may not have a business plan we all agree with, but from a high POV the company is headed in a good direction. Focus on the guest in store, and keep them coming. Give them the interaction they need to give any edge to online retailers they can keep. There's always the people who want to see it and touch it before buying, and they don't want to have to search for a TM to get something (backroom only items, bikes, electronics).

Long story short: Spot isn't going anywhere. Ride the waves and adapt or leave. Spot won't wait

I don't want to wade into the pro/anti flow debate, but everyone has a lot to adjust to with this. We've been on it for a few weeks now and every single TM has had to deal with changes.

Our flow team has had to get used to coming in later in the day, cashiering, interacting with guests, pricing, instocks, setting, etc. Not all of them are going to make it. Many of them were told to get with the program or leave.

It certainly isn't the case in every store that the flow team is completely replaceable, but ours is. That team has always been so small that every single TM in the building has had to jump in and help with the truck again and again. Do we enjoy pushing all of our own freight everyday? Certainly not, but we can.

If you are so stuck in your own work center that you have no desire to cross train, or if you have no desire to push freight or interact with guests or cash registers, it's time to leave. You can get with the program or get out. There is always someone else who will get on board if you won't.

And in this case, the guest doesn't matter. The objective is to fill the floor as effective as possible. Guest will still by stuff no matter what

Everything is about the guest. They aren't remodeling for the tms.

Ps it's ironic you brag about flow when backroom is the position actually dying. All of our backroom tms are cross training so they aren't out of a job in a year

If you are so stuck in your own work center that you have no desire to cross train, or if you have no desire to push freight or interact with guests or cash registers, it's time to leave. You can get with the program or get out. There is always someone else who will get on board if you won't.

I agree with this, but I think there are some exceptions. We have a couple of flow tms who are hard of hearing and one SL flow tm is completely deaf and uses sign language or needs to write things down to communicate. This tm is an amazingly hard worker. I can't see her being able to cashier, etc because of the issue with communication. I wouldn't want us to lose her just because she can only push freight.

Spot will learn from this, but certainly won't be declining to closure. Sears and KMart have been bleeding for years and are still around. Target may not have a business plan we all agree with, but from a high POV the company is headed in a good direction. Focus on the guest in store, and keep them coming. Give them the interaction they need to give any edge to online retailers they can keep. There's always the people who want to see it and touch it before buying, and they don't want to have to search for a TM to get something (backroom only items, bikes, electronics).
Long story short: Spot isn't going anywhere. Ride the waves and adapt or leave. Spot won't wait
Don't fret. I've seen businesses fail.

I agree with this, but I think there are some exceptions. We have a couple of flow tms who are hard of hearing and one SL flow tm is completely deaf and uses sign language or needs to write things down to communicate. This tm is an amazingly hard worker. I can't see her being able to cashier, etc because of the issue with communication. I wouldn't want us to lose her just because she can only push freight.

I certainly agree with you there, but she/they can do everything else. I've worked with deaf TMs before on dayside that were able to interact with guests well enough on the floor. One woman carried a notepad and a pen around in case the guest needed anything too complicated and we were all willing to help if comprehension was an issue.

Any ETL or TL worth their pay would surely be willing to adapt to situations where someone absolutely could not perform certain tasks for a very good reason. It's the TMs who have just decided that they are not willing to do certain tasks regardless of their clear ability to do them that are the problem.

Everything is about the guest. They aren't remodeling for the tms.

Ps it's ironic you brag about flow when backroom is the position actually dying. All of our backroom tms are cross training so they aren't out of a job in a year
Backroom won't die as long as lazy LODs are too busy discussing lunch plans to pull flexes, ship from store, make bales, do receiving, pull items from steel, finish audits, pull price change, purge decode, receive ship to store, build bikes, hang hanging softlines, set the line, inventory prep or pull cafs or manuals in a timely manner

Aka never lmao

No it won't disappear completely but people thinking the BR is a safe work center are out of their mind! Once all these areas start taking care of their own stuff you won't need an amry in the backroom. Maybe an opener and a closer. (Unless you have SFS) With grocery roll out our BR is losing 52 hours! That's just backroom hours.

Backroom won't die as long as lazy LODs are too busy discussing lunch plans to pull flexes, ship from store, make bales, do receiving, pull items from steel, finish audits, pull price change, purge decode, receive ship to store, build bikes, hang hanging softlines, set the line, inventory prep or pull cafs or manuals in a timely manner

Aka never lmao

Flexes should be under Flexible Fullfillment team (not technically BR). Bales - e2e randos. Receiving is a dedicated reverse logistics position (not BR). Items from steel will be pulled by the e2e TMs. Audits? BR TL. If you accuracy isn't shit they take 10 minutes tops. Price change and dcode are part of e2e teams. Bikes? The team who owns that block will build as needed. STS - GS or Flex Fulfillment. Hanging SL shouldn't be in the backroom, especially with e2e. Inventory prep will be e2e. Own the floor and backroom for their block. CAFs are toast. Manuals are again e2e team. Backroom might be one TM/TL at a given time, maybe not even that. ASANTS, but most of what you mentioned won't/shouldn't be BR with full end to end implementation, it'll be other specific teams.

Aka never lmao
Backroom doesn't man our SFS, multiple tm's have been trained to make bales, any trained tm can pull from the steel (I do it every single day when I pull the manuals and research batches - I'm instocks), d-code is actually an instocks function, ship to store isn't a backroom function, receiving isn't a backroom function, hanging softlines is just backstocking and if the SL team takes it over it will actually make sense, our bike builders are actually SFTM's and instocks tm's, the line can be set by literally ANYONE, inventory prep is done by anyone who signs up.... ASANTS and the winds have changed direction. While I'm sure you are a special team member and an asset to your backroom, you might want to pay attention to what is going on because it IS going on and you can stay ahead of the game.

Here is my issue with this kind of system.
Most people have certain skills they excell at and others they probably should avoid.
Because of this TMs would often wind up on certain teams.
Are you a huge surly dude with neck tattoos who looks like you just got out of jail but can unload a 2500 piece truck in an hour?
Sure, you can be a cashier but it doesn't make much sense.
Are you totally meticulous and able to read a planogram upside-down?
Let's have you do backstock all afternoon, that makes sense.
Using people where they are best able to contribute only makes sense.
Creating teams that do everything only means everything gets done at the lowest possible level.

Back