Archived Epic fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked at target for 8 yrs in a small volume store. I started in logistics, then took on signing as a 2nd job so I could get more hours which I did, around 40 a week. Now as the modernization process starts I am getting 24. They tried this last year in my store and it quickly failed as the busy season approached. Too many good team members quit. Now we start again next week lol !! This is a typical truck day in my store. Unload team members start one hour earlier so they are allocated 5 hours. All others get 4 hours. I am a 4 hour person because they give me 8 more hours a week to do the overhead and difficult builds on signing. We have 4 trucks a week. I come in and collect my abandons and restock/ backstop them. Then I do my pulls for seasonal/mini seasonal. I used to do hipa also but cannot anymore because I would be in 2 different team leaders sections lol. So while I stock I also zone which they give us 1 hour for this. So far so good except for abandons that you collect that I swear Amazon pays ppl to relocate the store 😠. Now the truck push, I have to resort a bit because new team members are on the line and nothing is as it should be with regards to the sorting, when they tried that last year the truck unload was taking for-ever. I then push but the store has been open since I came in so the guests are interacting. If the truck is big no one will get done and if the team leaders don't push your freight it will be there for you the next truck day. If it's a small truck and it is at the end of the month, we are out of hours so they will try to send you home but I always stay 3 hours, it pays to know some facts lol. So minus huddle and break I have about 2 and a half hours to get done, still ok no problem. The problem is sales planners,shippers,displays,pricing and signing, all of which I used to do except for planograms and pricing. Most team members have been trained a bit but that was awhile ago and they are going to forget. And of course the other problem is hours, the additional work load is too much to do on truck days and most people do not want to work 6 days a week like I did to do all this. So I sit back and wait, no stress no complaining about anything. I just am curious as whether the corporate nitwit who devised this chaos gets terminated or does the shit go down hill to the store directors and so on. Lol 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back