Archived Equipment Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fitting room operator signs equipment in and out. Honestly its a joke, we always end up with missing or broken equipment.

It's been said by our STL that the cabinet will be locked up and an LOD will have to open it and sign out a walkie & PDA for anybody that needs one. It doesn't stop there.. he said collateral may be wanted in exchange. Crazy.

Glad I'm Pharmacy.

Well i guess that is one way to do it. A store i worked at had them locked in a cabinet but the lods were always too lazy and just left it open. My old stl at my current store would make us coach people who left their equipment out and didnt sign it back in.

We've found PDAs & LPDAs stashed in file cabinets, heard walkies going off inside lockers, had batteries left out of chargers, found a PDA in a cart out in the parking lot, guest returned a walkie that evidently fell into their car trunk during a carry-out, etc.
Leadership always lowers the boom for a short while but they're the first to give up after having to come up & open the cabinet.

our AP said that there will be new ways of handling and signing out keys. Says this will start very soon. He says expect the rules to be strict and followed to the letter (at least for awhile!!)

AP also said that there will be new directives about equipment control, too.

A new walkie costs $100....a new PDA used to be $800, but that was awhile ago, I bet that PDAs are now over $1000 a pop.

At these costs, I'm sure that they're going to start being really strict.

If they start to adjust hours to lost/stolen equipment, then we may not be celebrating Target at 50!!

The fitting room operator signs equipment in and out. Honestly its a joke, we always end up with missing or broken equipment.

This was how we used to it. Then a lot of the walkies and PDAs went missing. Now we have them in the CO and an LOD or GSTL has to sign them out to us.

An ETL at my store got fired for stealing equipment, so now our cabinet is locked (only HR or LOD can open it) and walkies and PDAs have to be signed out. Though for several months, our ETLs got lazy and started leaving the cabinet open because they got sick of having to unlock it every 5 min.

Our equipment control is actually really good. Each work center is assigned a specific amount of PDAs/LPDAs (ex. Pricing has 4 PDAs and 1 LPDA, Electronics has their own PDA, Hardlines has their own PDA, Softlines has their own PDA, EM has 5 PDAs assigned to them, etc). Another thing is that the Price Accuracy, Plano, and Instocks equipment are locked up in a separate cabinet and only those TLs have a key to it (not all the Execs have 1) and we respect each others equipment, where instead of just taking from one another in that cabinet, we first ask if there are any extras in case one team doesnt have everyone scheduled that day. Works out quite well, especially since we hold ourselves accountable for our own equipment

Our Equipment control is screwed, there's two PDA's labeled one for P-fresh, one for Logistics, and they end up where ever, TMSC tries there best to log who has what equipment, but most times the people who walk into TMSC to get equipment (doors almost never locked) and that equipment is not logged, soo its hit or miss when i get in if theres even enough equipment to cover everyone in my store who needs one (10 or so PDA/LPDA) for overnight....... should i even say how many time's ive found a PDA in a waco????

Horrible at my store... once or twice a year they crack down and actually focus on control. Remarking numbers on equipment, locking up and signing out. Now as ive seen with other people here, LODs get lazy and leave it open. We go from having more than enough PDAs to being way under count. Morning LOD typically finds them around the fitting room, electronics boat, or snuck under service desk...

We keep them in a room adjacent to Guest Service. There is a numeric keypad on the door, but the combo is our store number, and everyone knows how to use it. About half of the equipment is actually numbered. Every couple of months there will be renewed "focus" on equipment control, but only because one got lost.

really isnt any, a few "old timers" will sign out there stuff and harp at anyone walking near the cabinet about it, but most everyone just grabs whatever. Usually find random PDAs in the backroom

I found a pda in the compactor ( got it out ...) ,found an another one in a repack box in the transition area .
We are supposed to sign them out and back in ,there are numbered and assigned to different centers ( not well ,I might add ,3 have the same numbers ,and 2 have none).
And flow team is blamed for the missing ones ,but when we come in at 5 am and are the first ones there,several pdas are missing from the locked cabinet !

When I worked at Target, we had a locked room in TSC for the equipment. Later moved all equipment to the room right there by the Fitting Room attendant desk for the attendant to distribute equipment. It was then moved to a locked cabinet on the backside of Guest Service where only LODs were supposed to distribute equipment but that quickly died off and was left unlocked more often than not. In each location we had an equipment binder to sign the stuff out. Ha! Was in use for a while but dies off. Towards the time I was leaving, each LOD had to account for an initial the binder at the end of their shift certifying that we did an equipment audit and that all equipment that was present at the begiining of the day was accounted for and signed out to the people who had the equipment. This went hand in hand with the key audit each LOD Washington required to do. As an LOD, I generally carried 3-4 extra walkies on my hip to hand out to team members and I would make note of.who got what and note that in my LOD binder and.later transfer that info.to.the equipment book when I was up by Guest Service. Each LOD had his/her own walkie and there was one LPDA designated as LOD that got passed off as the LOD shifts changed. This equipment was locked up in the ETL-Operations office.

So much wasted time trying to control equipment. That would be annoying as hell to have to come up like 10 times a shift as lod from people leaving and entering, not to mention TMs just waiting around for someone to unlock it, at least from a lower volume store standpoint.

I allready have to wait or find the LOD in pfresh to sign off routines and cleaning, do the pfresh sales walk, and QMOS dump at the end of the night

Last edited:
Ours used to be in a locked room, but it was always unlocked and no one would sign anything out. They then moved it to a locked cabinet in TSC and had HR team members check them out to people, but when they were not there or off the LOD would just unlock it and leave the cabinet open. Now it is in the closet near the operators booth and the operator has to check out the equipment for you. It has gotten better, but not perfect.

Our pda room is by TSC, the doors locked once in a while. some TMs won't put the PDAs back where they belong and not everyone signs them out. It's the same way with the walkies. Our GSTL will say make sure you guys sign them out and people will seriously just walk away without doing so. Some GSTLS sign them out for you but thats not everyone. I wish equipment would be left with another TM or the operator in case someone had to go restroom. I hate seeing walkies fall to the ground or be left on the ground while a TM goes restroom. It's kind of gross! :facepalm:

Our equipment control is actually really good. Each work center is assigned a specific amount of PDAs/LPDAs (ex. Pricing has 4 PDAs and 1 LPDA, Electronics has their own PDA, Hardlines has their own PDA, Softlines has their own PDA, EM has 5 PDAs assigned to them, etc). Another thing is that the Price Accuracy, Plano, and Instocks equipment are locked up in a separate cabinet and only those TLs have a key to it (not all the Execs have 1) and we respect each others equipment, where instead of just taking from one another in that cabinet, we first ask if there are any extras in case one team doesnt have everyone scheduled that day. Works out quite well, especially since we hold ourselves accountable for our own equipment

Boy, how common sense is that! Never go over at our store. LOL!

We have them locked in a office, only etls and tl are allowed to check in or check out. Started this a week ago and their leaving the door open again since none of the etls want to go unlock the door....

We used to take car keys in exchange for equipment. In lieu of that (for those who didn't have a car, which was may folks in a large Metro environment) we took IDs. To get the keys or IDs back they had to turn in the equipment or be prepared to have to pay for it being lost/missing. We seldom had problems with them returning the items.

We used to take car keys in exchange for equipment. In lieu of that (for those who didn't have a car, which was may folks in a large Metro environment) we took IDs. To get the keys or IDs back they had to turn in the equipment or be prepared to have to pay for it being lost/missing. We seldom had problems with them returning the items.

Not that I foresee it being a common occurrence, but what would happen in the off chance that they lost the person's keys or ID? Stranger things have happened, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back