Archived Equipment control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

Can everyone tell me what they do for equipment control. Like does your store only have the LOD pass out equipment? your HR TM while they are there, GSTL? Thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I just ordered almost $2,000 worth of Walkie talkie and hid them from the ETL's until they come up with a plan that everyone will stick to for equipment control.

Everyone signs out the equipment like standard.
With keys you can't just drop them on the desk if there is no one there, you have to track down a TL or ETL and pass them over.
They do an audit twice a day to make sure things match.

PDA's are in a room that you are suupsed to sign out but no one does. Walkies are in the STL's office, also supposed to be signed out. Equipment keys are behind Guest Service and passed out by GSTL. Keys get signed out with a little more consistency. When I clock out I have to visit four opposite ends of the store like the stations of the cross.
I stash a "good" PDA, because 90% of our equipment is broken in one way or another (i.e: won't scan, no backlight, missing keys, etc.).

There's only a couple people that sign out equipment. Other than that, no one does. Probably explains why there are never any walkies or PDA's.

GSAs, ETLs, STL, & HR have keys and we have to have them unlock the cabinet to get anything out. Sometimes it's a PITA because they're all unavailable so we have to wait until someone can come to the TSC. I've waited over 10 minutes to clock out before just so I could put something away....

PDAs and walkies are locked up by operator. Keys are locked up by GSTLs in guest service.

The keys have to be signed out for at our store before the GSTL gives them a set. The PDA's and walkies use to be in a room that was always open. They tried locking it and giving every TL and Exec a key so that they could open it when someone need one. But that was a waste of time. Now they are located in the fitting room behind the operator. We had a cabinet installed and the operator is now in charge of handing out equipment. We have to give the operator our ID or team member card and she uses that has a place hold. That way is faster and easier then signing out and you can still keep accountability. It works extremely well in our store since tm's don't damage the equipment anymore or lose it. CA if you do.

Keys are at SD, only SDTM+GSTL+ETLs can get in, standard sign out policy.

Walkies/Equipment is at fitting room, the operator has keys to the cabinet but we usually leave it unlocked. Standard signout policy.

Most people don't really sign out equipment, I usually try to to set an example since im equipment captain though :/ lol. For the most part people are pretty good about turning stuff in, except for perishable departments + O/N backroom. Starting to run low on walkies again though. They break so darned easily, and Getronics ERC doesn't refurb them so we just have to throw them away! Such a waste =/ I'm tracking all the broken ones, so hopefully when we reach a certain point they'll order more.

Keys at service desk, the SDTM, GSTL and LOD's can sign them out. Equipment is in a locked room at TMSC. We used to have a button in clerical that you had to push to get into the room, but people were just leaving the equipment on the counter outside in heaps when there was no one to let them in. Our powers that be installed a button right by the door of the equipment room finally so you could just let yourself in! LOL Kinda defeats the purpose of locking the door! For some reason, our store is really good about signing stuff in/out, so it's not really a problem.

our store used to suck with equipment control, we used to have a little box with everyones name in it and we would have to match numbers with our names. it was so stupid and lasted for a year. now our new way is so much better, all equpiment is labled twice, and we have to sign it out with each corresponding number. and they crack down hard on people who dont sign them out right, same with the keys, people will attach electronic keys with equipment keys and they dont notice and complain that they are missing, or we find them inside the crown the next morning.

and everyone fights over certain PDAs, which is ridicules. ive actually found good PDAs stashed in waco's in the backroom lol.

walkies and pdas are locked in a room that the operator buzzes us into (our operator is at tsc) keys are locked outside of that room that the operator gives us. If you don't sign out or in coaching. this is our latest crackdown and it seems to be working!

We moved all of our stuff back to TSC - under the guise that "oh, we have plenty of HR hours!"

Then two of our HRTMs quit. Now, everything is locked behind TSC and nobody can get back there besides the LOD.

We usually signed out our equipment. However, our STL has been out of the store for the past month or so and noone has put new sheets in so we aren't signing anything out. Our STL is back now so hopefully this'll change.

In my store we have different locations for the equipment. Backroom Day (4 pdas), Softlines (1pda), Hardlines (1pda), Electronics 1 pda), LOD (1 lpda), GSTL (1 lpda), and TLOD (1 lpda) are kept up in the TSC cabinet. Price Change (4 pdas and 1 lpda), Plano (1 pda and 1 lpda), and Instocks (2 pdas and 2 lpdas) are locked up in a cabinet in the training room, and only the TLs of those teams have a key to that cabinet. Receiving (1 pda), ETL (1 pda), and Early Morning (5 pdas) are locked up in the Logistics office. If you are caught not signing out your pdas/lpdas, you are coached, and I've known a few put on corrective action for it.

They break so darned easily, and Getronics ERC doesn't refurb them so we just have to throw them away! Such a waste =/ I'm tracking all the broken ones, so hopefully when we reach a certain point they'll order more.

Do you throw them out or recycle them through CRC? The last time our store ordered walkies it took forever and ever for the order to be sent, so I hope your store doesn't wait too long.

For stores that label their equipment--how do you label them so they stay labeled? We used to label ours but it was so hard to keep them labeled we've given up.

My store is getting REALLY bad with equipment control. The problem is, there is no accountability! About a month back we started running out of walkies again, so then the ETL AP decided to place equipment on lockdown, meaning that no one was allowed behind the TSC counter. Well this isn't working out too well, because now the problem is worse than ever! We BARELY have any equipment now because TM's are stashing them, some of them in their lockers (we have the old style key lockers). Plus it's a pain because HR TM's have to hand everything out, which in theory is fine and dandy, however in practice at my store it's horrible, because we don't have somebody at TSC all day, only from morning to afternoon. So then if you come in and nobody's there, you have to wait and wait till you get anything.

Like I said though, there is no accountability, I bet if some CA's were handed out, it would get a lot better. I know since we have been keeping better track of keys, the key control issue is a lot better.

We have to give the operator our ID or team member card and she uses that has a place hold. That way is faster and easier then signing out and you can still keep accountability. It works extremely well in our store since tm's don't damage the equipment anymore or lose it. CA if you do.

YES, I would be perfectly fine with this! Wish my store would do this.

Do you throw them out or recycle them through CRC? The last time our store ordered walkies it took forever and ever for the order to be sent, so I hope your store doesn't wait too long.

For stores that label their equipment--how do you label them so they stay labeled? We used to label ours but it was so hard to keep them labeled we've given up.

When we accumulate enough broken walkies I recycle them thru CRC.

Whos in charge of ordering walkies, STL? I know they're pricey and I don't think TLs have access to ordering them even.

walkies use to be around $110. pdas... around $1500. that was a couple of years ago. not sure if it changed. anyone with tipp access can order them. your stl will get an email detailing the order though.

i

ours are locked in a cabinet. TSC signs them out to you and you hand them back to TSC, since theres always at least one person at TSC at our store.

Try labeling them inside the battery wall.

To the label question: After having to relabel equipment because people kept peeling off the labels, our SFT engraved them with a Dremel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back