How are you supposed to prep things properly when you are fucking out of air speed, bubble wrap, tape and anything else I can think of..
For being out of airspeed what I did was trap air in prep bags and zip tie them shut. We were out for 3 weeks, and ran out of bubble wrap soon after so I got creative. I'm sure the guests are very confused by the packages but it works! As long as you have prep bags and zip ties...otherwise, whoops 😅

Does anyone else have problems with guest who order online, calling directly after they order to have guest service hold their items "so they get the right one"? I was doing an OPU and could not find the size I needed for a dress, I asked one of the style girls and was informed guest service grabbed it and put it on hold for me to grab.
Not yet. Just the Karens who place the order and call 5 minutes later asking what's taking so long.

Trying to pick 2 batches at once would be stupid. There should be no reason once you you've been picking for a week or two that you cant hit the minimum expection of 35/hour, which I honestly think is too low of an expectation. Learn to hustle and work with urgency.
Im having a hard time understanding why the team picks at 50 uph and 45 uph on MPM when I check daily on them but when I check on greenfield for a weekly recap it is showing them at 19 and 20 uph ... this is for a OPU only store. Am I missing something? They pick multiple batches at once because as you know Max of 7DPCIs fall into one batch so We were told to have them wait until another drops in so that they are making less loops around the store (ie wait 5-10 mins after a batch of 7 drops in until another person places an order and it’ll increase to like 15 and you’ll make 1 trip around the store vs 2

Does anyone else have problems with guest who order online, calling directly after they order to have guest service hold their items "so they get the right one"? I was doing an OPU and could not find the size I needed for a dress, I asked one of the style girls and was informed guest service grabbed it and put it on hold for me to grab.

Never heard of this, no. It also wouldn't happen at my store, we'd just explain that it'd be picked as part of their order, and that trying to put it on hold would likely result in it being canceled from the order.

Im having a hard time understanding why the team picks at 50 uph and 45 uph on MPM when I check daily on them but when I check on greenfield for a weekly recap it is showing them at 19 and 20 uph ... this is for a OPU only store. Am I missing something? They pick multiple batches at once because as you know Max of 7DPCIs fall into one batch so We were told to have them wait until another drops in so that they are making less loops around the store (ie wait 5-10 mins after a batch of 7 drops in until another person places an order and it’ll increase to like 15 and you’ll make 1 trip around the store vs 2

Time spent picking in Greenfield is reported as impossibly high. For example, if I'm on the clock for 7 hours one day, Greenfield will report that I spent 10-11 hours picking. That's impossible. This causes the UPH to be calculated much lower than it actually is. It's a broken metric.

It's counter productive to wait unless you are just trying to play to the metric. There can never be a guarantee of how many loops around the store need to be done as there is always the possibility that an item isn't where it should be on the floor and you'll need to loop back around to see if it's unlocated in the back. If you are waiting 10 minutes for another order to drop, that's 10 minutes less that you have to look for things before INFing. Quite often the difference between being green and not being green is properly managing time to maximize how long you have to look for things, not just on your current batch but also on orders dropping in while you are working on the current batch. In that regard, it's always better to start picking as soon as possible after an order drops even if it's only one item.

I have a low UPH but that's because I regularly have multiple carts open as I pick OPUs. I'd rather have three or four batches going as I cruise the floor and swap between them than go to one corner of the store for two items and drop them off just to go 9/10 the way back the same way for another order.

"But the guests have to wait!" you may exclaim. Well too bad, I have an hour.

Never heard of this, no. It also wouldn't happen at my store, we'd just explain that it'd be picked as part of their order, and that trying to put it on hold would likely result in it being canceled from the order.

Yeah I found it up on the counter and was like is this for an opu, you should have told me you have it so I'm not wasting my time please dont do it again. They then told me the guest wanted to make sure they get the right size. I was so pissed off, are you fucking kidding me I am obviously going to grab the right size otherwise it wouldn't let me pick it.

We had one who grabbed the only rug off the floor so her order would get it. We were right about to INF after RFID in the backroom when guest service called us. Guests are weird.

Can we not see the district productivity data anymore? It was down for a week and now we can only see our store. That's no fun.

Yeah I found it up on the counter and was like is this for an opu, you should have told me you have it so I'm not wasting my time please dont do it again. They then told me the guest wanted to make sure they get the right size. I was so pissed off, are you fucking kidding me I am obviously going to grab the right size otherwise it wouldn't let me pick it.

If I was green for the day, I'd be very tempted to INF on principle.

Have other people do their fucking job correctly so you can do yours. Have competent leaders. Notice I’m not blaming you but I’m sure all the leaders at your store are.

This. Flex is judged for INF rates, but their INF rates are largely the result of inventory being accurate - ie. the actions of others.

That gets INF'd since it is on hold for guest to come in and pick up. We luckily have not had that problem much.. But that is how we handle it.. You put the shit on hold your order is cancelled. Since we can't know if that is the same person.

This. Flex is judged for INF rates, but their INF rates are largely the result of inventory being accurate - ie. the actions of others.

Yup. It's not rocket science. If a store wants INFs to be consistently green, then it needs to operate such that a fulfillment TM can just walk through following epick's directions and over 95% of the items are where they are supposed to be. That's a green store. If that's not the case, fulfillment can try to save the store's metrics, but since we can't pull items out of our asses there will always be bad days. That's on the store.

Hey guys how do you keep your inf down. My store is about 20%

You have to figure out where you are INF'ing the most, then get that TL & ETL to get their shit together. My store is softlines. Why? They are behind on their push, they are super sloppy with their backstock, they are shit with how they tie pogs. They do not work the reports from RFID. They did not "empty package all the tags from stealing in the fitting room.

They had to clean their backroom, they are no longer allowed to be behind on their push. They are no longer allowed to NOT break out and just leave pallets. They no longer allowed to tell us "that isn't my area" and walk off.. Yes that was two of the TL's.

It took our ETL having to pick batches at 4th quarter but suddenly all the things we have complained about were actually valid. We list every fucking softlines item and they now have to find the damn thing or Audit it. When %90 of what your team INF's is softlines heads finally started to roll.

Now you guys have to look, I see so many people look at location it's empty? INF. Umm no! You look around, up - down - left - right. Check the end caps, check the truck push, the uboats on the line, when did it come in? Take a whirl through the back stock area. Take a peek at guest services.

Your INF ratings tell your leadership your store is fucked.. And if they say otherwise they are liars.

At my store softlines stays behind because the repacks almost never get done on time--certainly not the softlines breakout people doing it, they spend basically their entire shifts doing breakout, and we still roll the truck. Because they had stuff from the other day and only 3 people doing softlines breakout.

The store's trying to remedy this though.

Last edited:
If only stores had a team to wave through all the freight, call it, The Flow Team. Get this stuff flowed out and move on. Also if stores had a trustworthy magical team that made sure stuff was stocked, count’s were correct, maybe call it, The Audit (Research) Team. Yeah, maybe! Hmmmmm. 🤔

If only stores had a team to wave through all the freight, call it, The Flow Team. Get this stuff flowed out and move on. Also if stores had a trustworthy magical team that made sure stuff was stocked, count’s were correct, maybe call it, The Audit (Research) Team. Yeah, maybe! Hmmmmm. 🤔

Why they have former In-Stocks TM's being the point people for SFS/OPU.. We know how to look and find shit.

You have to figure out where you are INF'ing the most, then get that TL & ETL to get their shit together. My store is softlines. Why? They are behind on their push, they are super sloppy with their backstock, they are shit with how they tie pogs. They do not work the reports from RFID. They did not "empty package all the tags from stealing in the fitting room.

They had to clean their backroom, they are no longer allowed to be behind on their push. They are no longer allowed to NOT break out and just leave pallets. They no longer allowed to tell us "that isn't my area" and walk off.. Yes that was two of the TL's.

It took our ETL having to pick batches at 4th quarter but suddenly all the things we have complained about were actually valid. We list every fucking softlines item and they now have to find the damn thing or Audit it. When %90 of what your team INF's is softlines heads finally started to roll.

Now you guys have to look, I see so many people look at location it's empty? INF. Umm no! You look around, up - down - left - right. Check the end caps, check the truck push, the uboats on the line, when did it come in? Take a whirl through the back stock area. Take a peek at guest services.

Your INF ratings tell your leadership your store is fucked.. And if they say otherwise they are liars.
Softlines is our highest as well. The ones who have been in ship for over a year are 23% or lower so we look everywhere. Yet we get blamed for inf

Our biggest issue is HBA/COSM/STAT/OFFICE but it also has the worst people in the store over that area. We are glad when we have softlines as for the most part its usually has the best inf scores.

I think Softlines may be top in our store, but I think personally, HBA/Paper/Chem may be tied for second. And Fan Central can screw me over a lot, too! Stupid team hats.

That gets INF'd since it is on hold for guest to come in and pick up. We luckily have not had that problem much.. But that is how we handle it.. You put the shit on hold your order is cancelled. Since we can't know if that is the same person.
We are supposed to take items on hold for opus...they are priority. Someone who has already paid for the item vs. someone who might show up for their hold. Ive only had to do it like 3 times in 5 years though so it isnt something to worry about.

Back