The idea is that typically pack productivity is way more red than pick. They’re worried more about productivity than INFs apparently
No wonder its always red when the goal is, what, 90? Any interruptions and you're screwed. And make sure you grab the cart with 20 bags of chips to get your number high, am i right?

Its gonna be funny seeing the vets standing around in the back twiddling their thumbs waiting for carts since the new people are going to take 1.5 to 2 hours to pull a single batch.

No wonder its always red when the goal is, what, 90? Any interruptions and you're screwed. And make sure you grab the cart with 20 bags of chips to get your number high, am i right?

Its gonna be funny seeing the vets standing around in the back twiddling their thumbs waiting for carts since the new people are going to take 1.5 to 2 hours to pull a single batch.
Yeah it’s total units vs how long you spent packing so I loved the order I had for BTS where I packed 100 packs of crayons in one box.

Yeah it’s total units vs how long you spent packing so I loved the order I had for BTS where I packed 100 packs of crayons in one box.

I also do receiving so I am constantly interrupted when I am trying to pack. Score always red but at least my ETL knows that I could call her ass back there every time they want a baler key.

Well I finally got my wannabe position only for the title to get changed. Wth target. How am I supposed to be a wannabe fulfillment captain now?

Recently, I have been so relieved to not have to do fulfillment when I am scheduled for it. I have the best friends in SFS but I don't need the stress and the bullshit. The remodel is apparently done and everyone is back from the overnight shifts, but things are still so majorly fucked up.

What the hell did they do to the on hands during this remodel? I am so perplexed at how much shit we don't have. This has fucked our store up badly which I would hope is only temporarily. We need to find a way to fix this shit with all the hands on deck we have now but I'm not sure higher-ups even realize something is wrong/plus hours cut, so they just made it more difficult for everyone.

If I am scheduled for fulfillment and they don't need me, usually my job is too clean out the random shit left in the backroom. This is not sustainable.

Last edited:
Recently, I have been so relieved to not have to do fulfillment when I am scheduled for it. I have the best friends in SFS but I don't need the stress and the bullshit. The remodel is apparently done and everyone is back from the overnight shifts, but things are still so majorly fucked up.

What the hell did they do to the on hands during this remodel? I am so perplexed at how much shit we don't have. This has fucked our store up badly which I would hope is only temporarily. We need to find a way to fix this shit with all the hands on deck we have now but I'm not sure higher-ups even realize something is wrong/plus hours cut, so they just made it more difficult for everyone.

If I am scheduled for fulfillment and they don't need me, usually my job is too clean out the random shit left in the backroom. This is not sustainable.

No. I think they have your store on par with others, there will be no all hands on deck. You know that helping other teams is now not A thing. Team concept is now dead and buried. You can leave flowers behind the baler as a memorial. This is exactly what other stores do. No one does the SF audits, price change anymore the backroom audits may or may not get done. Backroom may or may not be a complete utter shitshow due to the fact there was zero training for the people who now have to pull and backstock daily. And they are really resentful about it. oh the mess.

This is the new normal.

My store had the remodel done before modernization went into effect and the same thing happened. It's a feature not a bug.

We only have one pickup time/carrier, but this came up on MPM today. ePick says these need to be picked by tomorrow at 4:30 as usual, but are we now gonna have to clear the gun before close to make goal? 😫

Attachments

• 20191008_150957_HDR.jpg
    20191008_150957_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
Are these decimals really a necessary update? 😂View attachment 8834
[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. Kind of. Pick productivity in MPM for OPUs has always been wildly off. It always showed the units done between starting the batch to clicking Picking Complete. But, that's not the real pick productivity metric for OPU. The real metric is the units picked between starting the batch and putting it to hold followed by clicking batch complete. That's what Greenfield has. This latest update appears to have changed the OPU metric to align it with Greenfield. So while we don't really need the decimals, it's kind of nice to know what is being officially recorded.

They didn't look at our TL they looked at me. "Why didn't I say anything?"

Because we're not TLs. Its as simple as that. They're not going to give me TL responsibilities, and pay me the same amount as someone who is seasonal. I may know Flexible Fulfillment like the back of my hand, but I'm not responsible for someone else's metrics. You hired them? Then coach them. Last time I've checked, thats a Lead's duty. You can't expect a TM to do that for you. Not going to happen.

Life don't work that way. I got bills to pay, and the increase of $$$ may make the responsibilities more bearable.

The idea is that typically pack productivity is way more red than pick. They’re worried more about productivity than INFs apparently

I think its more to it than that.

Sure, packing productivity may be more red. Thats because of poor scheduling and your only packer leaving SFS to grab some OPUs that had 30 minute time windows (my store). Lets not forget that corporate wanted to chop that down to 15 minutes (looking at you, pilot stores that went through it).

My best guess is that they want those "fulfillment experts that worked in last Q4" category, to teach pack'n'ship 2.0 on whats the best way to pack something. We already got supplies with barcodes on them. Why not hit two birds in one stone?

They hardly listen to us anyway, now we have another "scan" that needs to be done in the future. While we're focused on scanning everything we touch, we need to juggle packing and helping new people to deal with modernization like we do. Recipe for disaster, metric-wise.

I already know my store is going to crash this Q4 with SFS, because my ETLs/STL hardly listen and say SFS is easy. Apparently, we have the easiest job in the store. That couldn't be farther from the truth, because they can't handle modernization. 30 minute batches take up to 45 minutes-to-an-hour with how screwed up everything is currently.

Anyone else get new SFS printers?

We did. It was super annoying at first cause I kept not pulling the label out hard enough and would rip it. Plus not having a packing slip to put in the box made the first few packages a bit discombobulating, lol. I'm wondering if there will be backlash from guests who like being sent a packing slip, though.

We did. It was super annoying at first cause I kept not pulling the label out hard enough and would rip it. Plus not having a packing slip to put in the box made the first few packages a bit discombobulating, lol. I'm wondering if there will be backlash from guests who like being sent a packing slip, though.
That would explain why the new ship to store app does not have you scan the packing slip. You just scan the bottom barcode on the shipping label or if the label is damaged you tap the three dots and select damaged label and scan an item from the order.

Yeah the only things that seem to print out now is the packing label, and a gift note if the guest ordering creates one for the order.

Wait... Is this new printer thing for all stores, or just some test stores? No orders will get a packing slip? As a customer (guest) that would really bother me.

it’d be sick if you could do returns with the shipping label

Was talking at my store with service advocates and we came to the consensus that part of the reason for the change is a lowkey way to decrease the amount of online returns going to stores. On the one hand, cool. We get far too many returns for shit my store doesn't carry. On the other hand, guests are going to rage.

Oof, that's gonna make it harder to fake-pack when 4:30 is coming because you won't have an item list to ensure that the collate is indeed with the correct order when it does eventually get packed 😫😄

I'm actually glad. My store uses it as a cop-out excuse to not properly schedule us to make sure everything is packed on-time. Something was bound to happen, and now you need to pack properly? Nice.

The only "cheat" is throwing fake-pack orders in boxes, then. You mind as well finish them.

The complacent behavior around fake-pack is astounding.

Does anyone know what standard means? Standard shows 130 dpcis to get yet when I look it up in mpm todays workload says I am down to 8

Back