Archived Grocery transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much out of dates and does any store really do freshness Fridays?
We haven't done "Freshness Friday" in several years. We just don't have the team members. Also when we do a big enough many of them just don't care and will only look at the the first few items and call it good.

You guys really getting a ton more out of date stuff then we do a night, we barely fill 1 cart let alone 2 i'm quite surprised by that.
Our store was just as bad.
Mine isn't we barely get 1 cart a night but we get 2+ carts of clearance to deal with usually already snickered. Then again we haven't gotten to pasta, sauces and dressings yet...

We haven't done "Freshness Friday" in several years. We just don't have the team members. Also when we do a big enough many of them just don't care and will only look at the the first few items and call it good.
We use two team members only these days.

Anybody completed the build for the bake/grill focal? Just curious how long it actually took, what it looks like?
We built ours. It looks similar to this, but not over the line. This was at a different store that set it early. We moved our aisle... In a very unique way so it took much less time.

EDIT to add: the shelving on that is so wrong. They clearly flexed product before the merge. Lol. Oops!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
I noticed that now fruit snacks show up as grocery 3 in the backroom. Does anyone know if the fill groups for other items will be switching because of the reset? They've switched over most of our energy type bars already but I wasn't sure if anything else should be switching.

The pudding/fruit cups changed as well. There were a whole bunch of changes. I know granola bars, fruit snacks, dried fruit, canned fruit, beans, some grilling stuff.

Anyone who did the bake grill endcap did the aisle have to be pushed back?

We're several days into our transition,it has gone really well...new soda end cap is interesting weekly soda update spells out how 2 different soda vendors merch. the end cap. ...our stl is abit overboard with vendor expectations she thinks they should b lined up at 5am at receiving to fill their pogs,..lol..ya right...

We built ours. It looks similar to this, but not over the line. This was at a different store that set it early. We moved our aisle... In a very unique way so it took much less time.

EDIT to add: the shelving on that is so wrong. They clearly flexed product before the merge. Lol. Oops!
Can I ask what your unique way of moving the gondola was?

We just popped the individual 4 foot sections up with a bar up because they always get glued to the floor from waxing then just used a 2x4 and a powered jack to push it.

We used the power jack. Emptied the first eight feet, wrapped the whole aisle and then pushed it. It destroyed the first four foot gondola and burnt the tile so that had to be replaced. But it worked.

I've been told that we will use the pallet Jack to move the entire Gondola back.........

Could be an interesting night.
It will work! Just make sure you empty enough to give the aisle leverage. The first 4 feet (we did the bottom 3 shelves) and any glass and heavy items. My signing TM built the three foot section on the end first, then when it was done we put a plastic pallet in front and pushed the aisle. Then replaced the broken fixture at the front. My team was able to start setting when they came in. (The ptm, myself and my signing TM went in one hour earlier). We settle aisle back to front while they built the focal. All in all a win. And required minimal time and no overnight.

before.jpg

Before ... all shelving had to come off and baseboard was removed !!
Sorry guest on Monday we had 2 whole aisles empty all day ... Please come back on Tuesday to shop.

after2.jpg

notice the NEW baseboard at the bottom ... the PMT and several other TMs spent most of last night April 18th into the 19th doing this...
I give them ALL ...
lots of credit as it looks great .

Last edited:
As seen on TV. Gotta gondola to move? And how many times has this happened...
(Cue "owww!" from earwax removal ad)
Use magic sliders and get that gondola right where you want it.
Smilin' Bob?
OK poor taste. Long week and it's only Tuesday.
Nah, the ones on the end cap in plastics with all the other furniture mover things on itit.

Our contractors just sat on the floor and kicked them at the base to get them in place for the home remodel stocked shelves at that too:D, saving time doesn't happen when they want the shelves scrubbed sparkly new.

Anyone who did the bake grill endcap did the aisle have to be pushed back?
Ours was. PMT rammed the aisle lmao. Tried electric pallet jack with 4 blue wooden pallets. It didn't work. BR TM dragged the crown out with the same 4 pallets to ram the aisle and it worked. (This happened while guests were shopping...) ETL AP and ETL Ops were watching as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back