Archived Grocery transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got like 6 boxes the chose well flags and their square sign friends. They are not listed on very many pogs but the instructions that came in every box has a list on the back. What I gathered from the list and instructions is "put these up on these pogs even if they are not listed on the pog".

Is that what everyone else got from that? Do I just pick a healthy looking shelf? I eat cake for breakfast I don't make very goid food choices.
We put them on pogs with the green label strips even if it didn't call for it on the pog. That's what my signing TM and I got out of those instructions.

We are officially 100% set and signed with Grocery! It feels so good to be out of there. Working overnight really helped us. I don't even want to know how bad it would have been with all our moves if we were dayside.
When did you guys start your grocery reset? We started Sunday night and have two more nights left

We are officially 100% set and signed with Grocery! It feels so good to be out of there. Working overnight really helped us. I don't even want to know how bad it would have been with all our moves if we were dayside.

Our store went overnight last week. They did pharmacy first then dry. They didnt finish.

I dont know if anyone is having issues but my plano team isnt pulling the new POG batches and filling in the new areas they just set. Over the weekend, there were many holes and we didnt have the time to pull nor push all of it. Luckily, I had time to pulled all and particially push one of our juice aisles. It is very sad that we have all these batches with the product sitting in the PDA and have holes all over market

Our store went overnight last week. They did pharmacy first then dry. They didnt finish.

I dont know if anyone is having issues but my plano team isnt pulling the new POG batches and filling in the new areas they just set. Over the weekend, there were many holes and we didnt have the time to pull nor push all of it. Luckily, I had time to pulled all and particially push one of our juice aisles. It is very sad that we have all these batches with the product sitting in the PDA and have holes all over market

We stopped droping new pog batchs the 87% of the pulls were backstock.

Is this why I had 5 fucking carts of expired food to defect yesterday?!

We stopped droping new pog batchs the 87% of the pulls were backstock.

Monday, I pulled our sports bars/snack bars/protein bars aisle aka the aisle that everyone hates to zone. We had so many holes in the aisle. The batch at at least 100 locations. I filled out 3 repack boxes, 1 red cart full non box items plus many other cases. I didnt even finish pulling it all. It took me and another team member a while to get through it all. Everything but a few items left over from the case stock went out, so 95%-99% of everything went out. Same can be said when I pushed the juice last week as well.

So my store is opposite of your store

We have cereal and spices left. Today we did the majority of our domestics reset. All our batches have been pulled for grocery, and we didn't do overnights. We had hardlines TMs scheduled to push after we set.

Monday, I pulled our sports bars/snack bars/protein bars aisle aka the aisle that everyone hates to zone. We had so many holes in the aisle. The batch at at least 100 locations. I filled out 3 repack boxes, 1 red cart full non box items plus many other cases. I didnt even finish pulling it all. It took me and another team member a while to get through it all. Everything but a few items left over from the case stock went out, so 95%-99% of everything went out. Same can be said when I pushed the juice last week as well.

So my store is opposite of your store

I have always wanted an evil twin.

On #TargetLife there's was a video of contractors move a gondola in a remodeling store. It was just rolling down the react rack. Pretty neat.

Whats the order number :eek:

Watching my ETL bash the gondola down with our crown was the highlight of my night for sure.

all while repeating "This is sooo stupid".... BANG!

Last edited:
Did anybody set spices in the black gen 3 pushers? How did it turn out?
They aren't really made for small light/oddlyshapped merchandise (like all the mccormick/archer farms stuff) so after the pusher gets full they will either start popping out or clump together. Only the simply balanced heavy glass stuff up top works really, that's why the pogs called for the older white pushers.

We put them on pogs with the green label strips even if it didn't call for it on the pog. That's what my signing TM and I got out of those instructions.

We were instructed to put them on any section that had 3 or more green labeled shelves, though our POGs did call them all out properly, so I didn't have an issue with the flags. The inline flag holders, however, I hate. I got more of the zone free flag holders and used those instead.

They aren't really made for small light/oddlyshapped merchandise (like all the mccormick/archer farms stuff) so after the pusher gets full they will either start popping out or clump together. Only the simply balanced heavy glass stuff up top works really, that's why the pogs called for the older white pushers.

We are going to use the new ones tonight. The old ones break so easy and they didn't send us replacements.

Huh... I wonder why mine don't care. Maybe my CTL should be a little more involved. Aka actually talk to the vendors. My receiving TM does all the communication with vendors.

Least you have a CTL. Im basically the CTL but im a PA BUT I have only been scheduled to open 2 days a week for the past few months. Ive just about had it with trying to run everything but still getting shafted on hours and getting paid the same as any other PA. My receiving TM is my saving grace but even that wont happen anymore since they are apparently shrinking dock hours and receiving hours by 10 hours a week. So fed up with target right now about how they dont give one care about market or the salesfloor in general

This wouldn't have worked for us, mainly cause my ETL didn't want us to go overnight. I mean if I saw one of the vendors while I was on the floor I let them know, if not they missed out. All we have left are cereal and spices. But I'll definitely coordinate better next time. Thanks for the tip!

My problem with these transitions as a PA is, and correct me if im wrong, the only Dcode list I can ever find is just for wine/beer/alcohol. My nabisco vendor had boxes and boxes of discontinued/NOP product, some being our best sellers so we flexed a few out on a backend to try to sell through them all. My store doesnt have a CTL so the structure of market is really confusing to me. I guess im just suppose to look at Online planogram every week and dig into every single new set and print out the pog for the vendors to look at.

We allready have a bunch of folders in receiving for vendors to look at for upcoming salesplans which is a huge help since vendors will know 2-3 weeks ahead when something is going up...well the week of anyway. Can never tell them the exact date because Plano Workload is never set in stone until the week of.

I am basically taking the role of CTL as the PA over there the longest but its hard to do anything extra these days when I only open 2-3 days a week...one of which being Sunday....and for huddle at 8 and midday huddle at 12 or so, we always have to do reshop or zoning or some other project for 1 1/2 to 2 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY for opening shifts. Not to mention that our market coverage is only 6am to 7pm every day

Not even kidding about the huddle either. It is actually typical that we come up just before 8. Have a super quick huddle and then they break us out to do projects until 8:45 sometimes until almost 9. Then break afterward obviously and before you know it lunch is an hour or less away too. Then midday zone at 12 which sometimes they hold us for 30-45 minutes. Im getting pissed off about target slashing salesfloor hours. Basically instead of having hours for salesfloor we are leeching hours from every other workcenter every day to make up for it but the same work is expected to get done.

And I dont even want to get started on how my morning pulls typcially dont even START to get pulled before 8am....so I START pushing my pfresh pulls after 9am most days...like WTF....

Last edited:
This is hard... We have one TM that does all the SPLS every week. She maps them out and gives vendors their info.

For the POGS I give them the picture/line listing if they want it. A revision will tell you exactly what's coming out and going in. But if not, then they get everything.

I think we are almost done. Just have freezer and pfresh stuff to do now. We did 4-12:30 but i wish they went overnight. It would of spared them from having to deal with guests and having to be away for long huddles

This is hard... We have one TM that does all the SPLS every week. She maps them out and gives vendors their info.

For the POGS I give them the picture/line listing if they want it. A revision will tell you exactly what's coming out and going in. But if not, then they get everything.

Ya...for salesplans my vendors are usually fine since I as a PA go into online planogram and check every single week for any departments with new pogs that have vendor items on them. I then write what week they are setting and put it in the specific vendor folder next to our vendor board in the back right next to when they come in.

The transitions are usually the only thing my store seems to have problems with. Just bad communication all around I think. Maybe I am wrong for thinking this but on top of everything else I have to do, having to dig through online pog and doing pog stuff is a pain in the .....and something i barely have time for or if I make time alot of other stuff doesnt get done

Sometimes I just dont get to it though because of prepping for inventory or knowing steritech is coming so we prepare for that. Market team also gets alot of extra tasks pushed on us. I wish we could just focus on Pfresh but we have to be heavily involved in dry market too sadly.

We have to

Backstock our own pulls
Work out Mcclane Candy every week by ourselves
Routinely cover electronics breaks and lunches (and now their coverage is only 11-8 WOW, RIGHT?)
Work out reshop, no SF to do it
ZONE ALL of market which includes dry market
Help with plano stuff
Backup cashier
Answer call boxes that ARENT for market or help guests with no market things all the time
Fill up baskets in market since they dissapear within hours and dont get filled most of the time unless we do it.
Help push out C&S, usually doing bakery and meat at minimum
Sometimes backstock C&S because they just leave it there....speaking of which I swear if it is still there from SUNDAY night when I go in today I am going to flip shit since my ETL told me to specifically NOT do it since they should do it last night.

And I know some of the above EVERYONE no matter what position they are in has to do...it just doesnt help when it is accompanied by everything else and when you add it all up together it just obliterates attention and hours Market actually receives

I love working in market I am just getting stressed more than I ever have with our coverage in market and EVERYWHERE on the floor being lighter than it has EVER EVER EVER been even though our sales are through the roof every single week. When they take 1 1/2 or so hours for huddle and middday zones it really kills my time in market

Last edited:
Me too. I'm going to try my best but my shelves are 22" and I'm thinking of using 18" pushers to try and control some of the crazy

We didn't have all the 14" shelves for hba, ended uo putting 14" pushers on 18" shelves. Seemed to have worked out ok.

Let me know how it works out!! My STL is very hesitant. :/ She doesn't like either idea. Lol

It was my idea so I hope it works. I guess we could use them in the coffee asile instead but they didn't send us any new old pushers for spices. Plus they seem to work in the powdered drink section ok and those are small.

When did you guys start your grocery reset? We started Sunday night and have two more nights left
Last Sunday night. We had HBA all done the week prior to the set besides nutrition and eye care. We also had our 2 aisles of candy and our soda aisle done the week before as well.

We had a br tm scheduled with us every night to pull and help push. Then some nights we had additional flow tms come in and help push. On truck days if we didn't finish pushing a few tubs they just added it to the truck push. My ETL is really good about us all working as one big team so this really helped us to be able to make sure everything was 100% pulled and pushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back