Archived Gsa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paidtosmile

Former Team Leader
Alright, so I looked at the hiring board yesterday and our store is now looking for more GSA's (we have a couple leaving.) I'm "first in line" for this position at my store according to both of my GSTL's, and they've basically already trained me for it, idk. But here is my question: Do I need to apply for it on e-hr, or what is the next step? It was just posted, they were unexpected openings, and the gstl was long-gone by the time i saw it so I didn't get the chance to ask any questions.

So, anybody who has gone through that transition from gstm/cashier/sales floor to gsa, what does it consist of? What steps get taken, if any? I couldn't imagine that it'd be anything too important.. but i just wanted to hear from people who have done it.

Last edited:
Yep. You will need to apply so they can get the ball rolling. Sounds good if they are already starting your training, though.

Yes. Go for it!

Worst advice ever.

The GSA position is one of the most miserable positions you can hold at Target. You essentially have the responsibilities and workload of the GSTL without the pay and ability to sit in your office doing bullshit paper work all day.

Yes. Go for it!

Worst advice ever.

The GSA position is one of the most miserable positions you can hold at Target. You essentially have the responsibilities and workload of the GSTL without the pay and ability to sit in your office doing bullshit paper work all day.

It depends on your front end leadership. At my store, that's where most of the new tl's are coming from. Cashier to service desk, then promoted to GSA, then to a tl on the Salesfloor. Three times so far. The etl-ge & gs tl's are great & 95% of the time, they're green on their numbers.

Not that I agree with The Dude about GSTLs, but does he really think that staying a cashier is better than becoming a GSA which is a stepping point to a TL position?

I don't think it's really a stepping point. Anyone in any position can apply for the TL job if they are interviewing, etc. We have 3 people on the bench at our store. They would be in line for a TL position before a GSA. Not one of them has been a GSA, all are tm's and if a GSTL position opened up they would be first in line.

Our store has never had a TM promoted from GSA to TL. It's basically where they send people who work hard enough to do the GSTL's job for them.

Four of our GSAs promoted to GSTL, 2 went to SFTL from there.
Also had 3 GSAs step down. Depending on the store, GSA can be a good testing ground.
Or not.

GSAs are seen as leaders. It is a great stepping stone to getting to TL & other parts of the store. I was made a gsa & moved from that to a gstl to a hardlines team lead in less than 6 months. It is a lot of work for little pay and at times you will feel under appreciated but it will get you moved up in company.

We did have 1 GSA promote to tl but then she decided she didn't like it so stepped down. Went to (I think) logistics for awhile. Now she's back being a GSA.

And our GSTL's are hardly ever in the TSC. They are usually out watching the lanes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back