Archived GSA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I just got a job offer at target as a GSA. What is expected from the position. I originally applied for something else, but they thought GSA would be a better fit until a TL position opens up.
I actually start orientation this week. Any info about the positon would be really helpful. My interview was about a month ago and I was only given a jist of what a GSA does.

Thanks

What's your background? Do you have a 4-year degree? If so, TL was the wrong job. Should've gone for ETL.

GSA is a good place to be if you're trying to move up. It's somewhat of a halfway role. You're technically a team member, not a lead, but you have almost the same core roles excluding coaching. It still puts you in a leader type role though and gives you a chance to show what you could be if you were promoted.

Some people feel that the position is a bit unfair. You have almost the same responsibility as a GSTL, but you're not a GSTL. Take it as a opportunity though to gain some Target experience and get familiar with how things run.

Greetings and salutations.
There are some very strong opinions on the subject and I'm sure a lot of people will be weighing in any time now.

GSA is a good place to be if you're trying to move up. It's somewhat of a halfway role. You're technically a team member, not a lead, but you have almost the same core roles excluding coaching. It still puts you in a leader type role though and gives you a chance to show what you could be if you were promoted.

Some people feel that the position is a bit unfair. You have almost the same responsibility as a GSTL, but you're not a GSTL. Take it as a opportunity though to gain some Target experience and get familiar with how things run.

It depends on your geetl & the store. If your store is green & strong at the front end, then you have a chance to move up. It has happened at my store.

GSA is the TM equivelant of Guest Service Team Leader.

You will make $0.50 more than Cashiers and have similar responsibilities of a TL.

If I recall correctly, FA pays the same as GSA. Worth keeping in mind :)

It's actually a pay grade higher than FA...

GSA is basically like the brand team member positions for the sales floor (electronics, entertainment, shoes, tables etc) but for the front end!

Basically a GSTL on the cheap.
Hope they see your potential. Otherwise, they just pulled a bait & switch on you.
I hope I'm wrong, tho.
We've actually had a couple of TMs move up to TL without a degree but TL to ETL are still rare & a degree is still 'recommended'.

Last edited:

You will make $0.50 more than Cashiers and have similar responsibilities of a TL.
how much do cashiers make? They offered me 10.00 an hour Our min is 8.00

The store TL was telling that in two months I should be bumped up if I do good. Supposedly a lot of people are getting fired, due to the previous store lead doing a bad job.

do you think it was all bull?

The store TL was telling that in two months I should be bumped up if I do good. Supposedly a lot of people are getting fired, due to the previous store lead doing a bad job.

do you think it was all bull?

I doubt it is bull... Now the time lines are probably difficult to promise because of how quickly things change, but I am sure you are going into the pipeline

GSA is basically like the brand team member positions for the sales floor (electronics, entertainment, shoes, tables etc) but for the front end!

No.... Food Ave TM and Starbucks TM are both N07, same as GSA.

Cashiers usually make $0.25 to $0.75 over minimum wage depending on location. If you were offered $10.00, then you definitely got a deal (which Target is usually too cheap to do). Worth considering at any rate for that amt of pay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cashiers usually make $0.25 to $0.75 over minimum wage depending on location. If you were offered $10.00, then you definitely got a deal (which Target is usually too cheap to do). Worth considering at any rate for that amt of pay.

Wait....there are places where cashiers start at over minimum wage!? That isn't here, I can tell you that!

San Jose's (California) minimum wage is $10.00 a hour. Must be nice...

I wonder, what is the cost of living in San Jose?
Nice that the city is trying to hit somewhere close to it with wages.

Company standards are to post food avenue at N05 and Starbucks at N07... However it is possible for a store to change their pay grade charts to match the needs of their particular business, although it is not common.

Company standards are to post food avenue at N05 and Starbucks at N07... However it is possible for a store to change their pay grade charts to match the needs of their particular business, although it is not common.

That's how we got our FATMs to cross-train in SB. The majority got bumped up to N07.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back