Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

Could it just be well hidden? I've got two checking accounts and a bill pay account and all three banks show my account information on their mobile apps, but I did have to hunt a bit to find it on one bank's app.

Had a guest ask where to find this today SmartSelect_20190501-211743_Chrome.jpg

I knew she was looking for cream cheese but I could have said no and not be wrong 🤷‍♀️

*girl comes up to return a swimsuit*
Me: do you have the receipt?
Guest: no.
Me: did you pay with a card?
Guest: no, cash.
Me: okay, I can try to do store credit with your ID
Guest: I don’t have an ID.
Me: sorry, at minimum to do a return I need an ID.
Guest: but I’m a minor
Me: okay well if your mom wants to come in with you we can use her ID
Guest: but I just want to exchange it
Me: still need an ID.
Guest: how are minors supposed to return stuff?
Me: with their receipts.
Guest: but I’ve done it without a receipt or an ID before.
Me: not here you haven’t

*girl comes up to return a swimsuit*
Me: do you have the receipt?
Guest: no.
Me: did you pay with a card?
Guest: no, cash.
Me: okay, I can try to do store credit with your ID
Guest: I don’t have an ID.
Me: sorry, at minimum to do a return I need an ID.
Guest: but I’m a minor
Me: okay well if your mom wants to come in with you we can use her ID
Guest: but I just want to exchange it
Me: still need an ID.
Guest: how are minors supposed to return stuff?
Me: with their receipts.
Guest: but I’ve done it without a receipt or an ID before.
Me: not here you haven’t
My favorite is when adults come in with no drivers license... like how’d you get here*? One lady even said “oh I don’t carry it with me any more” like?????

*theres no real good public transportation so pretty much every has to drive to my store

@Leo47 Minor is no excuse, ID options are available for them. Driver's license, learner's permit, state ID card.

@Amanda Cantwell Yeah we got that all the time at the timeshare I worked at. People came down on vacation from another state but didn't bother to bring their licenses with them. "But I have a picture of it!" Yeah, like that picture is going to keep a cop from writing you a ticket for driving without a license since you aren't carrying the physical card.

It is possible though, and it's super helpful if you and your kid have a different last name. I think a lot of parents research it and get one when the post office refuses to release Christmas presents (like they did with my daughter) or when there's an Amber Alert scare (since if the worst happens the DMV immediately sends the photo to law enforcement).

To that one SETL:

You can bitch at you service desk TMs for working past their shifts when their replacements have clocked in or you can write them up for not completely informing their replacements about what they need to know for a proper hand off.

Pick one. Or just stop being an overall jackass who everyone at the front end hopes gets termed sooner rather than later.

we have a communication binder we have our service desk team put vital information into, mostly eliminating the need for a handoff that takes more than a minute or two. the binder also helps things from falling between the cracks.

We do too but sometimes tms can't read each others handwriting, there's not enough time to make a note, or the note doesn't make sense. We usually pass notes on verbally as well

we have a communication binder we have our service desk team put vital information into, mostly eliminating the need for a handoff that takes more than a minute or two. the binder also helps things from falling between the cracks.
We have a cork board that we used to use a lot but then stopped when a metro was put in front of it :(

We have a cork board that we used to use a lot but then stopped when a metro was put in front of it :(

We do have a binder. It's just the one SETL always takes it so service desk TMs can't actually write anything down in it. The guy can be a real piece of work. A few morning agos I got bitched at for clocking out 13 minutes late the day before. Ummm, yeah, on my way to the time clock I got stopped by the STD and closing lead. They had questions about the OPU notes from the previous few days. I'm not going to blow them off to punch out on time.

It's SD (store director) lol

LMAO. Autocorrect. I'll leave it since I'm irritated with him tonight. It fits for the shitshow that was the frontend at my store today. Day before a holiday and scheduled like it was a random Wednesday in February. Can we get some help up here? No, pushing truck is our priority right now.

Yep. The sticker says "30% off publisher list". Shelf price is not publisher list. I've only had one get nasty after I pointed that out.

Had a guest come up to me while I was pushing toys with about 5-6 toys in her hands and asked “is it okay if I buy these?” With a really concerned look on her face. Of course I said “yeah! Sure!” But just for the hell of it and for such a dumb question I really wanted to say no.

Things I get asked daily as a SCO Monitor:

-Do you have any more of these in the back?
-Can I have an application?
-How much do I have on this gift card?
-(After they’ve gone through a checklane and already paid for their stuff) My cashier double charged me can you fix it?
-Can you take these security tags off/take my items out of the security cases?
-Can you ring me up?
-Do you sell *weird random item I’ve never heard of*?

Like good lord I get so damn frustrated every time I have a self checkout shift. I am literally just standing here. I have 0 equipment. No I can not do any of those things for you. With what? How do you expect me to any of these things? Why are you asking ME of all people and then get mad when I can’t help you?? WHY DO YOU THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA TO ASK THE SELF CHECKOUT PERSON FOR ANYTHING LIKE WHAT IS THE THOUGHT PROCESS!!! I spend like all my time fielding these dumb ass questions and then the people that are using the machines that I’m actually supposed to be helping have to wait on me because I’m having to explain that no I can’t check your gift card balance any cashier can do it yes I’m serious literally go in any line yes I’m sure yes they can do it again no I can not do it here I literally do not have anything on me to find out I am literally just a person standing here I can not help you

Back