Archived Holiday Pay and shift differential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere I read this weekend gets extra pay? Is it $1 or the time and a half. Anyone know why this weekend when it’s still pretty far from Christmas? Does this apply next weekend and/or Christmas Eve?

Also my store had a sign asking for signups for a one time overnight shift (a vendor is cleaning our company coolers) and it mentioned a $1 shift differential after 10 pm. Does this always apply or is it that you have to work a certain number of hours after 10 (I seem to remember 3). I thought I saw this differential on my Thanksgiving check. I cashier so I’d only get it during the holidays when my store is open past 10.

Somewhere I read this weekend gets extra pay? Is it $1 or the time and a half. Anyone know why this weekend when it’s still pretty far from Christmas? Does this apply next weekend and/or Christmas Eve?

Also my store had a sign asking for signups for a one time overnight shift (a vendor is cleaning our company coolers) and it mentioned a $1 shift differential after 10 pm. Does this always apply or is it that you have to work a certain number of hours after 10 (I seem to remember 3). I thought I saw this differential on my Thanksgiving check. I cashier so I’d only get it during the holidays when my store is open past 10.
Yes 1 dollar extra both weekends to help cut down on the number of call offs

We had a vendor do our coolers about 4 months ago on a Friday into Saturday it wasn’t that bad and the extra dollar after store closes was good.

The 16th and 17th are supposed to be the biggest shopping weekend before Christmas. Yes the 23rd and 24th all on a weekend but most people will have the majority of their shopping done this weekend.

The 16th and 17th are supposed to be the biggest shopping weekend before Christmas. Yes the 23rd and 24th all on a weekend but most people will have the majority of their shopping done this weekend.

Um, yeah it is. My store was a total xxxt-show today. So glad, no grateful, to be done for the day.

As far as the overnight differential, yes you have to work at least 3 hours between 10 pm and 8 am and get the differential for those hours

As far as the overnight differential, yes you have to work at least 3 hours between 10 pm and 8 am and get the differential for those hours
Hm...I swear I saw it on my thanksgiving check and I only worked 5:45-midnight (a couple minutes past minute to finish ringing up guests)

We got the holiday differential for all hours worked on Thanksgiving day. There was an additional $1 overnight differential for hours worked between 10 pm on Thanksgiving to 8 am on Black Friday. So you would have gotten the holiday differential for the entire shift bot not qualified for the overnight differential because you had only 2 hours and a bit after 10 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back