Archived Hours.....Is it really this bad right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at a all time low when it comes to hours. Backroom team members are being sent home a hour or 2 before their scheduled time. C&S being told to finish push an hour early. What the hell?This is only my second year at target. Last year wasn't this bad and the year before that I started in the middle of the year so I was too new to notice the hour situation. There's no way anyone at my store who's not a TL or ETL can live on their own. This is crazy.

When the stocks are down, investor confidence is as well and the easiest way to get it back is to show increasing profits. Since those aren't increasing, they'll do it by reducing operational costs. Investors are worth far more than customers/guests which are worth far more than team members.

Yes it really is. I am getting 1 night a week. My STL wants our overnight team to work with 13 or less people every night when we're used to at least 20.

Just wondering if sales for all stores are down or are all stores cutting hours to make up for those not making sales. I know our store is over last year. I know our store cut several hundred hours just last week.

Just wondering if sales for all stores are down or are all stores cutting hours to make up for those not making sales. I know our store is over last year. I know our store cut several hundred hours just last week.

I think it's ASANTS. My store isn't sending people home early, thank god, but they're very strict on making sure we leave on time.

Pretty sure our sales are decent.

Making people leave early.....Is that really a thing?

I can honestly say in my time at Target, even when things were real bad with hours, nobody to my knowledge was told to go home. At least not my store. There were times when they asked for volunteers to leave early, but nobody was forced to leave.

Now hours being cut barebones before the schedule is posted, yeah that's definitely a thing.

We haven't gotten to the point of sending people home early, although it has happened in the past. But they certainly do make sure no one is staying over and leaving when they are supposed too

I've only worked at my store 7 months, but AFAIK, we haven't needed to send anyone home early.

Things seem to be picking back up at my store. From 20 hours I've been bumped up to 28.5 two weeks in a row. Though the majority are inventory shifts so idk how my hours are gonna look after thats done. For the first time in 84 years I have a "full" electronics shift from 4pm to 11:30 at the end of the 2nd week so I'm hopeful my hours will be back soon. But not too hopeful.

Luckily my team shoves hours at me because none of them wanna work so I have that fallback.

As usual, stlll no hour cuts at my store. But we also consistently have way fewer TMs working here compared to what we should have. I should count it next time and see, but I'd bet we have less than 100 TMs working at my store.

It's nothing new about hours cut down real bad after fourth quarters is over. It's normal happens to any retail stores all over America. You will see more hours in around March when Easter, mother day, graduate, summer season coming up.

Just wondering if sales for all stores are down or are all stores cutting hours to make up for those not making sale

It appears corporate has allocated less hours. So it appears almost all stores are down to an extent. If you make sales you can get flex hours the last week or two of the month. Before it's back to what you are allocated.

but they're very strict on making sure we leave on time.

Same. People who are hitting OT are getting coached at my store.

Making people leave early.....Is that really a thing?

This is spot on. When they schedule you for a shift they can't technically make you leave early. Maybe some states have different laws but I would fight back on that.

It's nothing new about hours cut down real bad after fourth quarters is over. It's normal happens to any retail stores all over America. You will see more hours in around March when Easter, mother day, graduate, summer season coming up.

The OP mentioned they were with Target last year so it is different than a seasonal person being like "where are my hours."

I know a lot of us only look at our schedule but I would encourage you to look at your posted schedule and see how many people are under 10 hours a week. That really puts it into perspective.

SFSFUN shared their stores situation and that is one way to do it (I might even argue preferable ). Have a smaller team with each getting more hours but that can also give less leeway when it comes to filling absences so that strategy wouldn't work everywhere

Anyone else have a very high sales goal yesterday? We missed ours by almost 30k because it was 40-60k higher than usual. I'm assuming because of valentine's day... But it's not even that big of a seller.

Yes our goals on Saturday's have been outrageous like black Friday sales.
Ours was 290k not sure if we made that or not

Last Saturday feb 4th goal was 260k and we did 233 k missed it by 27k

Last year i would get 40 hours week after week after week i was SO tired of it.
I was the only one in electronics who could close.

This year average is 25 hours for electronics TMs. There's about 3 people right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back