Archived hours vent

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i just found out that they are moving me out of my monday night position setting tint so frustrating all of a sudden they want more accountability in the department because we have management changes from etls to tls. i come to work i do my job i get everything filled before i leave and if there are any issues i let them know like if merch is on the truck or whatnot or lost in the stock room somewhere. well on top of that my hours got cut to like 4 hours a week how can anyone live on that. i am super global and know every department including front end and p fresh and flow, and yet i get no hours. i was doing presentation but of course there are to many people in presentation and since it merged with pricing hours are spit between both work loads and there has to be cuts.. but i would still get my hours they gave me to tint doing something else like pushing or zoning that would not go away yet when the new schedule came out for next week i was not even scheduled at all really. you tell me i am still going to have my 4 hours but then not give me anything

13 years with target and this. i am not on any corrective action no coaching nothing. when i do work i respond to all backups all calls i am always asked to cover breaks like in food ave or guest service and electronics if no one else can. I get all my work done and make sure everything i was doing was 100% clean before i left.

i have been trying to pick up shifts but when there are no shifts in the book nothing i even asked a few tls if they had hours and none of them did even flow has cuts. when they call me to come in and cover shifts 90% of the time i am free and able to come into work but now they are hardly replacing any shifts at all...

since this i have been actively searching for work if i were to leave target what would happen to my pension i was fully vested years ago and i have abour 3-4000 in the pension i owe money on my 401k so whatever is left in there would be taken out and used to repay the loan

This is just my opinion. But when a situation like this happens, they are more than likely firing you without actually firing you.

I mean, they probably want you gone for whatever reason. Maybe you make too much per hour. Maybe an etl doesn't like you.

But since they have no cause to actually fire you and don't want to performance you out, they just don't schedule you.

Sorry. One question, what is "tint?" You u see it twice in your post. What does it mean.

They do new Tuesday releases in mmb is TNT. There is talk on the street, movie new release are moving to Friday for weekend sales. With the pension, you can take it out. Are you part time or full time? Don't touch your 401k, IMO.
Sales are down at my store too, hours were cut again after Easter.

Check your state regarding unemployment. When my hours were way down I applied for and got under-employment. Low and behold my hours went up after several weeks. Also, I liked telling them I couldn't stay an hour late or what ever they wanted since it would void my unemployment claim for the week.

I don't make that much per hour i make around the same as a few other of my co workers. None of the etls have issues with me at all that I know of.

I did get unemployment benifits a few years back when everyone's hours were chopped but the way our state works is they base it on your quarters. So basically I get next to nothing there

I had to take a loan on my 401k and I'm paying it back but if I was to leave spot anything left they would take away to repay it. I was full time for years until like two years ago when they cut my Hours I ended up part time status and lost my Heath dental and life insurance

This is just my opinion. But when a situation like this happens, they are more than likely firing you without actually firing you.

I mean, they probably want you gone for whatever reason. Maybe you make too much per hour. Maybe an etl doesn't like you.

But since they have no cause to actually fire you and don't want to performance you out, they just don't schedule you.

Sorry. One question, what is "tint?" You u see it twice in your post. What does it mean.
If that's true, it's a very shitty way to fire someone. I'd rather be flat out fired than be forced to live off 4 hours/week until I get fed up with it and quit.

Last edited:
Yep, that's how they get rid of people at my store as well. They get a token 4 hour shift until they get fed up and quit or so it while they are building up a case to get rid of them. You need to start looking for new employment.

New management and believe me they can and will do as they want no reguards to.your performance ,avalibality etc,, have been treated the same just lean to.accept that you are nothing to them but a stick on the board to be broken and moveed at their pleasure ..Go in smile work your hours and NO to every staying to Help them remember they care not for you so you have to.learn to care not for them, I knowI have worn the shoes you are wearing.

Last edited:
i have been looking like crazy for employment. the same excuse they use for everyone is hours are down. plus with both pricing and plano combined the hours are one and plano already has to many people on it. they have no reason to let me go i would have to be on corrective action which i am not at all. if i was then i could understand but not getting called to the office or being written up i dont get it. i started off in softlines then moved into shoes when they had the shoe positions our store was one of the stores that had the most aisles the department could have i had no support from anyone when i was in shoes and then i left after shoes i went to early morning my sl etl wanted me to do push for shoes and then zone but someone else was going to do shoes dayside. then we had remodel so i went to remodel and from there i was part of the p fresh push and softlines. then i went to entertainment to do tune in and from there i was softlines and tune in then i ended up being plano and tune in. and when needed they will still give me flow hours to top it off my work center still says flow it was never changed when i left

I don't believe that they are actively trying to force you to leave...I think you're just feeling the payroll crunch like the rest of us. It's bad. Really bad...every one of the ETL's I keep in contact with that has been part of Target for 10+ years have said it's never been like this.

But there's a possibility that once we're fully out of Canada, no longer have to put away money for severance for canada, and can finally shut down....we'll start seeing that payroll trickle back in. We're all expecting 2016 to be a "recovery" year.

As far as what you can do now...the only thing I can suggest is try to be as flexible as possible and pick up hours where you can. Sorry =\

Pick up another retail job for now until things start picking back up with Target.

things just picked up for my store.... OT for backroom, this week to get caught up. We might even take a double truck, with hardly any TMs, just cannot find anyone who wants to work overnight.
Some day time hardlines TMs are going overnight on the flow team, yeah less hardlines TMs thats always a plus, lol.

We are sooo busy with high schools on spring break all week, easter, 10 gift card on 50 dollars of food, eggs at 99 cents. Today we had 8 registers open and 5 deep most of the late morning into late afternoon.
lots of reshop just left around the checklanes, I guess some guests couldn't wait in line for the stuff they spent time shopping for and driving to Target and home again, oh well we will survive.

It's that time of year. They tell you that being global is the best for hours, that is BS. Being global usually means you have no designated team, so when hours are cut who's going to get them?

OMG call unemployment and you can get underemployment for them cutting your hours. My old job did that to me trying to get me to quit and I hung on all the way to 2 hours a week. I went to unemployment and got underemployment, they go back 18 months to figure what you should get. After a week my boss found out and let me go due to lack of work. Anyway I had her because she couldn't fight my unemployment because I was already getting the underemployment and it went to unemployment. I got 206.00 a week for 20 weeks.

Was scheduled 38 hours this week, today about an hour before our shift was finished my STL told us that POG/Pricing/Signing were getting their hours cut this week. We were just removed from the schedule until Monday and to enjoy our long weekend! Well say "Hi" to 24 hours this week.

when target hands you a lemon make lemonade! I use my extra free time to look for another job. I also always volunteer to come in when they call me in or I stay longer if they ask me to.

i already get unemployment. in my state if your hours get cut you can collect partial unemployment they base it on your quarters or something and average it out when my hours started to really drop then my unemployment dropped and now i get next to nothing

11 1/2 hours on Good Friday and another 11 1/2 hours today Saturday before Easter ... that will be about 46.5 hrs this week.

We still cannot find another to hire even with the $9.00/hr, no one wants to work for that little pay, around my area.
The overnight flow team is hurting last night they had a 3300 piece truck, with only about 8 to 10 people, not sure how well they did, since they still had about 8 to 10 pallets left from the previous trucks.

Oy. We're feeling the cut too, and many people are worried about losing their insurance. Fortunately, I have public aid. This is ridiculous. I think I'll be needing a second job....again.

well i found some employment the marts hired me on the spot and i took it but then i got a better offer elsewhere so i had to call back the marts and let them know i was no longer interested in the position. the marts did not care that i had experience with there competition and wanted to give me a position i was over qualified for with no set hours each week or even if i would have shifts.

well i found some employment the marts hired me on the spot and i took it but then i got a better offer elsewhere so i had to call back the marts and let them know i was no longer interested in the position. the marts did not care that i had experience with there competition and wanted to give me a position i was over qualified for with no set hours each week or even if i would have shifts.
Take it.

We ( at my store) are still hiring people yet , hours are constantly being cut for those of us already there....go figure. The other day I was taking my break and there was a orientation going on ( in the training room next to brea k room) The HR tm gave the new team members their schedule ( I could hear but couldn't see) one of the new team members ( flow) said " 12 hours is all that I get for a whole week" The hr team member went on to explain how that the flow team could stay later etc etc....the person then said "so in other words I wont know from week to week how many hours I will get...that's difficult for budgeting ". I wanted to tell the new team member ...get used to it ..Welcome to Spot !

We ( at my store) are still hiring people yet , hours are constantly being cut for those of us already there....go figure. The other day I was taking my break and there was a orientation going on ( in the training room next to brea k room) The HR tm gave the new team members their schedule ( I could hear but couldn't see) one of the new team members ( flow) said " 12 hours is all that I get for a whole week" The hr team member went on to explain how that the flow team could stay later etc etc....the person then said "so in other words I wont know from week to week how many hours I will get...that's difficult for budgeting ". I wanted to tell the new team member ...get used to it ..Welcome to Spot !
This is typical Target. When I was in HR, we did this all the time. Two reasons:
First, part timers get no benefits
Second, when we have attendance issues, there are plenty of people to call.

i got a better offer elsewhere and i decided to take that over the marts because this job is better for my career with the marts i would be back to square one and i worked to dam hard at spot to go to another company and start from square one plus it was a fitting room position and i did that when i first started at spot . this other job that i took is not a direct competitor for spot so if i wanted i could work both jobs. i have so much experience with spot and the marts could care less. in the time i was waiting at the marts for my interview yeah an hour between both the first and the second i saw to many of there employees the same ones repeatedly waking in and out of there break room ( i kept thinking does anyone work here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back