Archived Hours where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asants to this we are told to follow online not paper and are responsible for checking it daily. Talk to your schedule maker or hr to see whats up
I can only imagine telling this to folks who don’t have a smart phone or access to a computer/internet.

Asants to this we are told to follow online not paper and are responsible for checking it daily. Talk to your schedule maker or hr to see whats up

No, you do have the right to follow your paper schedule.

The paper schedule obviously doesn't update when you pickup or give away a shift but they can't just cut your shift without your permission and paper is king.

Not everyone has access to the online schedule

Good to know. So if it's on the paper schedule but not on the online schedule I still follow the paper one, right?
Yes. Always show up if you are scheduled on the paper, even if not online. The only time I dont come in when its on paper but not online is if they move or cancel a truck.
(and thats only if everyone else isnt either then I just us enable overhours (not overtime, just using those extra hours to stay longer each day. As TL I can do that without too much whining. Its rare though)

Last edited:
so...when I said I wanted hours, I didn't mean I wanted to be the only non-lead in the store with hours...jesus christ people

I've had 38 - 40 hours every single week of Q1 while the rest of flow is lucky to get 16

They will not stop fucking sending the rest of flow home before lunch no matter how much of a stink I raise about needing some help...naturally I can't finish pushing 250 repacks and multiple pallets by myself so it gets left in BR and rolls over into the next day and the day after that. After 11:30 hits everybody dips except for me, two other plano people and the leads...thinking I should paint "HELP" in giant letters on the roof and hope Brian Cornell sees it while flying over in his Gulfstream

The worst part is that our flow team is YUGE and getting 100% done every day is more than doable with the people that we have...but nope, let's send everybody home and leave big piles of unpushed freight sitting on the salesfloor for guests to climb over (that can't possibly be brand at all...looks like the inside of a ghetto Big Lots that's getting liquidated)

How the heck can you run a store with that poor staffing?
We can’t. I was pulled off the sales floor to run guest service for the evening and had to leave a ton of defectives to be worked for the morning people since I had to keep ringing. Someone else had to go put my unfinished pallet in the back room

Today we had 1 person on the sales floor, one in beauty, 2 cashiers, no guest service, and no GSA - it was like that from 5-10 :oops: pray for us

Sounds like my store running with only 1 cashier until mid afternoon. Guess I should feel lucky that someone is scheduled for GS.

@HRZone
When it comes to signing hours for the Signing Team Member where exactly are those calculated from?

I always thought it was the adjacency calendar but this past month my hours have been significantly less than what the adjacency calendar planned for signing.

I haven't talked to my senior HR person or my pptl yet but I figured I'd ask a question up here.

Hours are going up slightly on this schedule. We gained about 250 hours from last week.

Market and Softlines got a nice boost of hours.

I hope the gains make it down to the people on here.

Lol where is your location this week and next the 24th-2nd 90% of our SL team is sitting at 14-19 hours. We’re all in tears.

Don't forget, Easter Day this year is April 1st. Hours will probably increase a little until then. They will probably take another hit after and then rise as we get closer to Memorial Day.

So this is turning into a big controversy at my store now. 3 other TMs said they were also cut without warning this week. One spoke to a couple different TLs who said they had to do it and it had to be taken care of by a certain time today, without explaining why. I've been told numerous times that they're not allowed to just cut hours without asking so I don't know what's going on. Can they do that? What are the actual policies on this?

Interesting. We’ve had multiple team members at my stores receiving texts telling them just not to come in because their hours got cut, too.

Nope decided being a favorite wasnt worth the team hatred no hours for me :p

Lol where is your location this week and next the 24th-2nd 90% of our SL team is sitting at 14-19 hours. We’re all in tears.

This is for the week of March 4th-10th being written to be posted on Thursday

Last edited:
Sounds like my store running with only 1 cashier until mid afternoon. Guess I should feel lucky that someone is scheduled for GS.

Howindahell can this possible work??? Who's covering the cashier for breaks and meal?

Howindahell can this possible work??? Who's covering the cashier for breaks and meal?
My store has IGS and they go this, when all the normal checklanes are closed they put out a sign saying to check out at IGS. Unfortunately, the sign literally says "checkouts are located at IGS" so of course none of the guests know what that means.

My store has days when the whole cashier schedule is for 6 cashiers.....8am-10pm.
Often it is our cart attendant at GS. Although we do have one TM who is a cashier/GS and she still is getting close to 30 hours a week.
Sometimes our SL area has 3 TMs for the whole day.

Our Flow/truck team has to leave a lot of stuff in the back room because they are on 3 hour shifts.

I'm just waiting for the day when the only TMs in the store are TLs, SrTL and ETLs. Won't that be the day!

This is for the week of March 4th-10th being written to be posted on Thursday
Yeeeeeah still wont see any of that action sadly. The favorites will sure as heck get some though. Then call out because its to much for them. Rinse and repeat -_-

My store has IGS and they go this, when all the normal checklanes are closed they put out a sign saying to check out at IGS. Unfortunately, the sign literally says "checkouts are located at IGS" so of course none of the guests know what that means.
IGS???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back