Archived How do you go about changing your availability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All! I just had a few questions in regards to changing the number of hours you would like and also requesting time off, to name a few. I recently started at Target a month ago and was hired in for Hardlines. During the interview I was asked to sign a paper basically locking me into what I put on my application. Well given that I am a college student and it is currently the summer, that was fine at the time. But in a few weeks that will change. Right now I have open availability. Fortunately, my university offered a good chunk of my classes online so the open at any time isn't an issue. What frustrates me was that on the application it didn't have the hours selections go up in increments of 5 or something close to that. I was hoping to get about 15 hours a week and I really do not want to go over that when school starts as that is going to require the majority of my time and concentration. On the application I had to select the 11-30 box for hours. I have been getting about 26 hours a week which is fine for now but in 2 weeks I do not want to work that many. Who do I go to in order to ask to have this fixed? Will I be able to have it fixed? I was brought on a 90 day contract and to be honest, I don't really think I will be staying past that. One last thing. My HR person told me I can request time off at home on eHR but the only thing I am able to see are my schedules. How do you request a certain day off?

This may be ASANTS but I think you're not allowed to change your availability during your 90 days.

As for the rest, I'll get back to you on that because I have to go back from my break. Lol.

At my store you can only change in your 90 days if it's for school, but most of us are college kids so they kind of expect it. I'd just let your HRTM or your ETL know that you need to change it for school, so they don't think you're just changing it because you feel like it. I have never been able to request off from home, so you probably have to do that on ehr on the store computers.

Last edited:
Hopefully, you did tell spot that you are school starting this day when you were hired?
This. So many TMs in my store do not do this. They are only making things more difficult for themselves. When I started, Spot was my second job. I told my interviewers right away, and you better believe within a short time my TL, ETL, right up to the STL knew my situation. Sometimes they forgot I couldn't work at say 8am Monday morning but yeah.

ASANTS but at my store they'll ask for a class schedule because so many 'students' (looking at the girl taking only ONE class requesting nights/weekends off) were abusing avail changes.
Otherwise, you're locked in for 90 days.

Hopefully, you did tell spot that you are school starting this day when you were hired?
Welcome, btw.
Thank you. And thanks to all that responded. I indeed did tell them this, which they told me to not worry about until it gets closer. I had my class schedule back then with me too so hopefully they will see this. As for the time off, that makes more sense now. I don't know why but I thought my trainer told me I could do it from home. Oh well, store computers it is! Thanks again everyone.

Wow, the app now gives a choice of 11-30 hours???

I think it used to have choices of under 15, 15-20, 20-30??? Anyone remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back