Archived How long does it take you to finish your tasks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowChick

Expect The Unexpected
I always work hardlines baby. There are 15 rows. It takes me on average 4 hours to complete freight, pulls and repacks....

Is that too long?

Last edited:
Geez, maybe I am a slow worker. There's so much going on at my store (which is a pretty decent sized store) that it usually takes an entire shift to do re-shop and pulls. Keep in mind that re-shop is constantly being refilled and that there are always pulls being done at every hour, on the hour.

Depending on the area, I may not even completely finish a zone.

It really depends on the day. I'm mainly market, and sometimes I can bust through the ~20 dry aisles in a couple of hours, but if it's completely trashed and/or busy/or I get a lot of extra projects from my TL or the LOD, then I might not finish.

Last night I was given all of A block (48 aisles, with number 49 being the back wall that runs the length of them), and less than two hours. Most of that time I spent backup cashiering and then in 30 minutes was asked if I could make it from pets through cosmetics (~34 aisles+backwall) while it was completely trashed. I did not complete that task...

My goal is to be the guy that gets it done. For the last two weeks though its tough to get anything done at our store even though I was at 10+ hours overtime. Yesterday i was the market TM and it took me 4 hours to finally finish my one push i got earlier. Mostly its because i end up helping guests in seasonal, E and F or covering electronics for someones break and electtonics is all about the sale too. On top of that my LOD put me in charge of organizing and pulling reshop from all departments and keeping track of the count. Reshop had to be hit by early morning flow or earlier in the month we had so much of it.

I always work hardlines baby. There are 15 rows. It takes me on average 4 hours to complete freight, pulls and repacks....

Is that too long?

Too many variables to know the answer. How's the zone? How much freight? Time starting to work freight? 4am v 8am store open. etc.

Usually I zone other areas but I take like 5 minutes to put the random shit in my aisles in a cart. There's always at least 3 pallets of frieght. Sometimes it's more diapers other times it's more food (which takes a while.) The pulls are usually a flat of diapers, a cart of food and other stuff. Repack are normally 2 full carts.

I start on it about 5:45 when the truck is complete. Finish just before 10. Store opens at 8.

The job is never done at the RDC. Same when I worked dayside BR. Sure you'd finish the CAFs and backstock, but there was always something that needed to get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back