Archived How many of you got fed up, sick and tired of Spot or your store management? (share your story)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always likened working at Target to being in an abusive relationship.

Yes, it's horrible. You know you're going to be hurt, abused, and taken advantage of. It saps you of your self esteem.

The thing is, no matter what new terror or headache awaits us each day, they start to become predictable, and that in a sense becomes comfortable. It becomes so comfortable, that we're hesitant to leave.

Figuratively speaking, being fed horse manure sandwiches is horrible, but at least you know what you're eating and that you will be fed.

It is a job, I know what shit I have to deal with, its only what I have worked for that works with the demands of my life outside of spot. You want to make it better fine, but don't blow rainbows up my ass.. At least pretend to do your job.

I for one have just had it with the "management" at my current store. I have worked in several stores and have never ever seen so many ETLS at each others throats. They seriously talk shit about each other right in front of team members. They don't care who hears. And when we get a visit, whoever isn't there is not only thrown under the bus, but placed face down and duct taped there. I know which one is on corrective action and which one is on a final. And you know if they are this childish, the morale in the store is at an all time low. The ETL LOG will add payroll, the ETL-SF adds payroll all knowing they don't work the last weekend of the month when we will be cutting to cover their adds. Then they joke how crappy its going to be when that weekend has not coverage! I keep thinking it can't get any worse, but it does. I would actually love some REAL leadership

Had an awful ETL that I reported to that no one liked for the most part.

Although we never attempted a coup( the two Softlines TLs and I), the issues got so bad with this ETL that HR "got involved." After constant bickering with her during 4th quarter, I grew exhausted and I decided to let her bury herself on her own.

Despite that ETL transferring to another store, and getting a new ETL(who is awesome by the way), I don't see myself working at Target after I receive my BA in a year. Holding onto a festering boil like my old ETL "because it's hard to get fired at Target" doesn't sit well with me.

if there's something that has really made me feel sick and tired of working in my store is the stupid management the hours due to the excessive favoritism.

I'm a flow TM, and my ETL-Log has a bunch of favorites.

Your ETL-LOG sounds a lot like mine. This woman is on a power trip. She told a HL TM to get out of her face when the TM asked her a question about policy. She insists that our older cashiers (in their 50s or older) need to get carts in the blazing hot sun. And now she wants me to circumvent the set policy for cleaning FA because she wants to be able to get something cooked from the Turbochef at 7:45 pm when we close at 8 pm. She then proceeded to tell me that the oven should be shut off at 8 and the opening FA TM should be the one cleaning it out (as if they don't have enough to do already). Because she has the STL basically worshipping the ground she walks on and has managed to snow our new ETL-GE so far, I was verbally coached for refusing to sell her anything and closing early, even though I was following the clearly set cleaning guidelines for FA.

I will not be following her "suggestion" and have already contacted integrity.

For the first time ever, I seriously considered walking out. We have next to no payroll less than a 130 people ( including flow) scheduled on a sunday in a ultra high volume store. There is no communication between the "leadership" at my store. We cannot keep new team leads for anything. Every single week at least one person walks out midshift. Some departments haven't been really zoned in weeks. And of course im supposed to scan with a "sense of urgency" , when i have to zone entire aisles before i can even consider zeroing something out. And don't forget to go to huddle, and wipe the shitty cashiers little noses, because the lazy ass gstls are to fucking busy playing on thier phones; instead of performance managing their tms. The kicker is the only fucking thing the stl cares about his his liqour. The store is falling apart , but as long as liqour sales are up everythings good.

End rant. Sorry had a real shitty weekend.

For the first time ever, I seriously considered walking out. We have next to no payroll less than a 130 people ( including flow) scheduled on a sunday in a ultra high volume store. There is no communication between the "leadership" at my store. We cannot keep new team leads for anything. Every single week at least one person walks out midshift. Some departments haven't been really zoned in weeks. And of course im supposed to scan with a "sense of urgency" , when i have to zone entire aisles before i can even consider zeroing something out. And don't forget to go to huddle, and wipe the shitty cashiers little noses, because the lazy ass gstls are to fucking busy playing on thier phones; instead of performance managing their tms. The kicker is the only fucking thing the stl cares about his his liqour. The store is falling apart , but as long as liqour sales are up everythings good.

End rant. Sorry had a real shitty weekend.

Feel ya man, I feel ya.. That was pretty much my yesterday.

I for one have just had it with the "management" at my current store. I have worked in several stores and have never ever seen so many ETLS at each others throats. They seriously talk shit about each other right in front of team members. They don't care who hears. And when we get a visit, whoever isn't there is not only thrown under the bus, but placed face down and duct taped there. I know which one is on corrective action and which one is on a final. And you know if they are this childish, the morale in the store is at an all time low. The ETL LOG will add payroll, the ETL-SF adds payroll all knowing they don't work the last weekend of the month when we will be cutting to cover their adds. Then they joke how crappy its going to be when that weekend has not coverage! I keep thinking it can't get any worse, but it does. I would actually love some REAL leadership
Your store has this problem too?? My Presentation TL and my former ETL-LOG absolutely hated each other and I have vivid memories of setting Christmas while listening to them argue rather loudly in front of the whole presentation crew

There would also be no store without cashiers so whats your point :p Each part of the store is important. If guests dont like the appearance and look of your store they wont come in either. If its ALWAYS a mess, ALWAYS nobody to help them find anything, LONG wait times to check out, less and less people will shop there

Our store is double digit short on flow and we are doing fine. I tend to agree with you SF always has residual from what flow couldnt finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back