Archived Huddle Huddle Huddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

paidtosmile

Former Team Leader
I thought this might be an interesting thread.. Where do your teams/stores have their huddles?

We usually have morning flow huddle in domestics, non-truck days we have huddle in electronics or intimates (super zoning bra's, wahoo!), and even huddle is usually up at the check lanes. What about you guys?

Wellness Wednesday was in Pharmacy, Friday was in Pfresh for Freshness Friday, they always tried to do one a week at the registers to keep the cashiers in loop.
Tuesday was in Electronics and Thursday was in Softlines.
Of course all of this went out the window if there was some kind of smart huddle they wanted to do which was usually twice a week.

I know nothing about flow huddles at my store.

For the night huddle, we go in the fire tunnel in the back room, sometimes electronics, sometimes seasonal, sometimes at the photo lab.

flow's huddle is always at the middle of the store the cross between rtw, active, mens and shoes. the morning team always has their huddle there too. the closing team varies. mostly the fitting room, but according to the team commitments we are suppose to be doing it....

monday - back room by receiving
tuesday - electronics
weds - front end
thurs - fitting room
fri - seasonal

In our store we sometimes go days without huddles because its looked to be an interruption to our day. Because of the lack of staff on the floor every huddle is a smart huddle, it just all depends which area is hardest hit. Its usually shoes or seasonal though.

What's a smart huddle?

A smart huddle is supposed to be where the team at huddle works out the PTM product that came in off the truck the night before. But in my store its used to keep POG on schedule cause they can't seem to actually set and push anywhere close to the hours they are given. So at my store for the people who come in early their first breaks are really late since we spend at least 45min pushing everything POG has set. Its breeding a lot of resentment, since other teams don't ever get help when they need it.

Thanks, that sounds awful. Don't have those, at least on flow/backroom where I am. Whew.

Overnight does ours at checklanes. During the day its pretty much anywhere, if they even have one.

We do our "recovery team" huddles in the receiving area...Sometimes, we are too busy pushing calfs or doing the tons of baskets of go backs........

on truck days our store has huddle in front of chemicals... not sure where they do it on none truck days lol..

I really only work morning, and our huddles are usually in domestics (between sections c & d) but sometimes they are up at the check lanes. at night they are always in the fire aisle in the backroom

At my store, morning huddles are at Starbucks except on Tuesdays, when the huddle is in electronics. Evening huddles vary - Wednesdays are at the pharmacy, Fridays are either in the middle or in the backroom, and I don't know about other nights because I'm at my other job those nights. Our flow team is overnight, so I don't know if they do any kind of huddle.

Our cuddle locations depend on the LOD... ETL for Hardlines? Checklane 20 for gobacks. ETL for softlines? Fitting room for gobacks. ETL for Food? Aisle W1 for gobacks.

Our ratio of 20 - somethings and hot are pretty high here. Brains? That's another story...

What's a smart huddle?

A smart huddle is supposed to be where the team at huddle works out the PTM product that came in off the truck the night before. But in my store its used to keep POG on schedule cause they can't seem to actually set and push anywhere close to the hours they are given. So at my store for the people who come in early their first breaks are really late since we spend at least 45min pushing everything POG has set. Its breeding a lot of resentment, since other teams don't ever get help when they need it.

smuddle.

We always have our huddles in the TSC right before flow takes their break, usually once a week we get treated to something from Starbucks. On non truck days we only have a afternoon huddle for the sales floor tm's.

Morning huddle starts at 6:00 and is held at the checklanes.
We also have huddle at around noon for midday zone in grocery.
Evening huddle is held at TSC at around 7. Nothing gets accomplished for a good 15-30 minutes during evening huddle.
It just involves a bunch of chit chatting and eating bakery QMOS.

My recent experience is that our store only had one huddle during store hours and it's around 10 or 10:30 am. Evening huddles were pushed to after the store closed and then eliminated altogether. The lack of communication has become atrocious at our store. I didn't know about the most recent designer set in Softlines until I walked in for a shift one day and it was there!

Since my store is two floors they hold the huddles in the 1st floor baler room... Let's just say no one is on the floor during morning and closing huddles leaving poor electronics[My team and I] to help out everyone on the 2nd floor :(

In our store we sometimes go days without huddles because its looked to be an interruption to our day. Because of the lack of staff on the floor every huddle is a smart huddle, it just all depends which area is hardest hit. Its usually shoes or seasonal though.

our smart huddles are stray. always stray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back