Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually really hate it when guest go "I can get it cheaper at such and such store." Like if that's the case go by it at said store you say that like I give a crap.
Similar to this is when they say, "it was only $X last month..." I look it up & it was the same price or MORE & they refuse to believe me. I've actually had guests accuse me of changing their copay amounts. Yeah, because I can really change them in the 2 seconds it took me to pull up your profile and turn the damn computer monitor around to show you :mad:

Or guests that want us to price match WalMart on their ONE Rx....why don't you just go to WalMart to get it?!?!?!

Anyone else personally happy that the Skylanders display is gone? I was so sick of hearing Zim yell at me, demanding I push the button.

Anyone else personally happy that the Skylanders display is gone? I was so sick of hearing Zim yell at me, demanding I push the button.
Saw the one from my store laying in the backroom, smashed in two. I never heard it speak, but I can only imagine.

EDIT: Not smashed in two, but considerably damaged and almost in two halves.

Last edited:
Red cards server goes down and I have to do math in my head to give people five percent manually
In our store we have tiny calculators in the drawer under the register to calculate the 5%. Thankfully I only had to do it once yesterday during the Redcard downtime.

Red cards server goes down and I have to do math in my head to give people five percent manually
We had to call the GSTL/LOD or whoever had the manual 5% barcode. It was... crazy. Half the time the 5% was too big for a coupon without supervisor approval.

Wanna borrow my hammer?
I had a rubber mallet I always used for like 3 months. A lot of the time the STL was scared that I was gonna hit someone (I was using it to fix the cart pusher. The stupid hooks that hold the cart kept rotating, had to hammer them back). They hid the mallet, can't find it anymore :/

That's incredibly simple math. Like there's no way any adult should be incapable of doing this faster than they can open their drawer and grab a calculator.

Total is $472.84

10% is $47.28

If you can't divide that by 2 then I'm at a loss for words.

47/2=23.5
.84/2=.24
23.5+.24=23.74

That should be nearly instantaneous to do.

We had to call the GSTL/LOD or whoever had the manual 5% barcode. It was... crazy. Half the time the 5% was too big for a coupon without supervisor approval.
In this situation, our LOD said to just key in multiple Target coupons to cover the amount...within reason.

I tell cashiers to do the same.

$80 off? Call me, I'll do the override. That's crazy suspicious to do as 16 $5 coupons.

$8 off? Do A $5 and a $3 coupon.

I hate when a guest comes in with a bag full of roc cream, cosmetics, and lotions (same products every time.) "That their aunt, grandma or mom had them return and have no receipt, here's my I.d and I called and talked to manager, and the manager whoes name I didn't get said I can get up to 300 dollars on a gift card." Smh. This usually gets me called every curse word under the sun when I tell them we're only doing even exchanges for those items. It's getting old.

Last edited:
I hate when a guest comes in with a bag full of roc cream, cosmetics, and lotions (same products every time.) "That their aunt, grandma or mom had them return and have no receipt, here's my I.d and I called and talked to manager, and the manager who's name I didn't get said I can get up to 300 dollars on a gift card." Smh. This usually gets me called every curse word under the sun when I tell them we're only doing even exchanges for those items. It's getting old.
Oh how I flove these guests. I let them know they're going to have to produce a receipt if they want me to return it. I haven't gotten an HBA scammer in a long, long time. Maybe they see me at the desk and turn around. hahaha

Oh how I flove these guests. I let them know they're going to have to produce a receipt if they want me to return it. I haven't gotten an HBA scammer in a long, long time. Maybe they see me at the desk and turn around. hahaha
Haha! Same for me. I had one lady keep coming back every hour to see if I was gone, and to her dismay I was closing that night. Same with couponers, they avoid me like the plague.

Yeah, since we've started cracking down on return fraud they've stopped trying. I make sure that all of my SDTM's know to turn away fraudsters or call for me, and now I usually only have to deal with one every couple of shifts.

Warn the seasonals, too.
We had some that would come in, look around for new faces & head straight for them.
We always tried to have experienced cashiers watching the newbies but they hit when there's a rush & we're usually tied up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back