Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be the ring we had that was just killing us.... HD to chain the Dyson to the base decks.
My ETL got talked to by the DTL for doing that with JBL's and the Dysons because it wasn't "best practice".

My ETL got talked to by the DTL for doing that with JBL's and the Dysons because it wasn't "best practice".

With our layout, it was a "had to". Best practice doesn't payback the several thousands in "push outs". Someone who was doing our layout thought it was a great idea to put the Dyson display close to a fire door.. So strap the Dyson's down or bolt the fire door.. So we picked the Dyson's..

Luckily the our Dysons are in the center of the store, but the JBL and Sonos speakers are right next to the mall entrance, and we were losing 2-3 a week in theft, yet we still had to take the JBLs off the tie-downs.

Or they were trying to be polite and it came out wrong. I do it all the time...

Waiter: "Enjoy your meal!"
Me: "You too!"

Airline gate agent: "Have a nice flight!"
Me: "You too!"

i was reminded of this from a few years back when i worked at lowes

Lady was there with her kid, and being the actual day, I said "Happy Mothers Day!" after i was done helping her
Sure enough i got a "you too!" until she took two steps and realized, oh wait thats a dude :p
We both got a lawl out of it :D

i was reminded of this from a few years back when i worked at lowes

Lady was there with her kid, and being the actual day, I said "Happy Mothers Day!" after i was done helping her
Sure enough i got a "you too!" until she took two steps and realized, oh wait thats a dude :p
We both got a lawl out of it :D
Last year, one of our LOD's actually tried coaching me for not wishing a female guest Happy Mother's Day. My reason for not doing so? She had just come from the hospital after having a miscarriage and was picking up mediation to try and help her "pass" everything so she wouldn't have to have a d&c. She had also been going through fertility treatments & I knew she didn't have other children. The poor woman was on the verge of tears and I didn't want to add insult to injury. The LOD said I STILL should have said it because "she was still a mother." Heartless wench :mad:

I refuse to acknowledge holidays 99% of the time. Unless it's Talk Like a Pirate day. :p
You never know a person's situation nor what they celebrate, so I just tell them to "have a wonderful evening!"

Last year, one of our LOD's actually tried coaching me for not wishing a female guest Happy Mother's Day. My reason for not doing so? She had just come from the hospital after having a miscarriage and was picking up mediation to try and help her "pass" everything so she wouldn't have to have a d&c. She had also been going through fertility treatments & I knew she didn't have other children. The poor woman was on the verge of tears and I didn't want to add insult to injury. The LOD said I STILL should have said it because "she was still a mother." Heartless wench :mad:

thats damn near grounds for a hotline call for some sort of unethicism (a word i may have just made up out of fury -_-)

I refuse to acknowledge holidays 99% of the time. Unless it's Talk Like a Pirate day. :p
You never know a person's situation nor what they celebrate, so I just tell them to "have a wonderful evening!"
I agree. I hate when it's the holiday season and all the guests expect a "Merry Christmas." I love the holidays, but I just hate saying that phrase-I don't know why, but I do.

As far as Mother's Day goes, I had a "Happy Mother's Day" bite me in the ass one time. So, I don't say it unless I am 100% sure they are a mom.

And be careful who you say "Happy Valentines Day" to-a lot of single depressed women get offended. Ugh.

Okay, I'm saying it out loud: that LOD is a f'ing idiot.

I agree. I hate when it's the holiday season and all the guests expect a "Merry Christmas." I love the holidays, but I just hate saying that phrase-I don't know why, but I do.

As far as Mother's Day goes, I had a "Happy Mother's Day" bite me in the ass one time. So, I don't say it unless I am 100% sure they are a mom.

And be careful who you say "Happy Valentines Day" to-a lot of single depressed women get offended. Ugh.
I say "Happy Holidays", but if people are clearly buying Christmas related stuff I say "Merry Christmas".

Yesterday, the LOD told myself & another TM to put the ad up in seasonal. The problem? It was 3:30 in the afternoon and most of the people there for ad came in at 6 or 7 AM. I realize there can be a lot of stuff to put up, but you had plenty of time.

Yesterday, the LOD told myself & another TM to put the ad up in seasonal. The problem? It was 3:30 in the afternoon and most of the people there for ad came in at 6 or 7 AM. I realize there can be a lot of stuff to put up, but you had plenty of time.
Omg! I did the 7 by 11s, first thing.

I hate it when we have missing lids to storage containers. We had 10 of a certain kind of containers, but no kids. How does that happen?!
Poor trading. Tm's throws lids away that are cracked, instead grabbing the bottoms. My receiver keeps tops & bottoms for a while. They are able to match them, most. Of the time.

Yeah, all we can do is check if we have any new containers in the back or see when we're getting more in. Sometimes we even tell guests that they can buy the container and come back for the lid when we get more in stock.

Yeah, all we can do is check if we have any new containers in the back or see when we're getting more in. Sometimes we even tell guests that they can buy the container and come back for the lid when we get more in stock.
We'll check for any backstock or if another store has more. Otherwise its offering the guest a similar size at a discount if the missing ones are on sale. Couldn't imagine buying tubs then coming back later to see if there's more in stock; I don't have the time myself for that.

We have such a huge problem with this. Flow will throw out lids if they don't fit, which is a huge problem cause there never in the right spot. We've had to defect out a fuck ton of sterilite.

I hate it when we have missing lids to storage containers. We had 10 of a certain kind of containers, but no kids. How does that happen?!

Also why do we put a shelf talker on every lid shelf telling guests to ask for more lids if the lid for their tote isn't there? Lids don't have a barcode (only the tote does) and CANNOT be backstocked! So unless there is a tote AND lid in backstock, the only place that a missing lid could be is on the salesfloor. I have helped so many guests looking for a lid to a certain tote and that signage makes them think we have more lids in the backroom.

Also why do we put a shelf talker on every lid shelf telling guests to ask for more lids if the lid for their tote isn't there? Lids don't have a barcode (only the tote does) and CANNOT be backstocked! So unless there is a tote AND lid in backstock, the only place that a missing lid could be is on the salesfloor. I have helped so many guests looking for a lid to a certain tote and that signage makes them think we have more lids in the backroom.

But don't we have a magical backroom like the one in Indiana Jones with everything the guest needs or wants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back