Archived Is it possible for a cashier to get many red cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
The expectations held for our team is high! It's like they expect us to get five red cards a day EVERYDAY

I wonder if there are some team members out there like that.

It is possible, not common though. My store has a new in role cashier that gets, on average, 4 a day doing nothing special. He simply asks every guest.
The problem is that people don't ask every guest, then complain when they don't get reds or get coached.

The expectations held for our team is high! It's like they expect us to get five red cards a day EVERYDAY

I wonder if there are some team members out there like that.

Absolutely we have some cashiers who get five a shift. One got like 20 in one week.

Some people are natural sales people and can sincerely talk people into getting one.

I also believe there are many people who trick guest into getting them (its a rewards card!)

And then there are the cashiers who know how to cheat the system with the red cards. IE. you can tell your friends to enter all 0's for the social so a credit check isn't done but the application is still "complete." Whoever is filling it out will just get a letter asking them to supply the missing info.

I've seen one cashier at my store and another at a different store who could get about 10 per shift. But now the best cashiers at my store get maybe 8 per week. If each cashier just gets 1 for every 5 hours of cashiering or so, we'd end up with around 70 per week. Our weekly goal is usually just under 50, so actually we might get our goal if we do 1 for every 7 hours of cashiering. We tell the cashiers that the goal is 1 per shift.

We are usually pretty close to our goal when you include the online applications.

Yeah our goal is in the 70s as well. However in the metric that measures how many of your guest use their red card to pay we are number one in the district. I imagine at some point it gets harder to sell them as your store regulars already have one

I've seen one cashier at my store and another at a different store who could get about 10 per shift. But now the best cashiers at my store get maybe 8 per week. If each cashier just gets 1 for every 5 hours of cashiering or so, we'd end up with around 70 per week. Our weekly goal is usually just under 50, so actually we might get our goal if we do 1 for every 7 hours of cashiering. We tell the cashiers that the goal is 1 per shift.

We are usually pretty close to our goal when you include the online applications.
How does Spot know which store to assign online applications to?

And then there are the cashiers who know how to cheat the system with the red cards. IE. you can tell your friends to enter all 0's for the social so a credit check isn't done but the application is still "complete." Whoever is filling it out will just get a letter asking them to supply the missing info.
People do that? Wow

Like others have said, it's entirely plausible to get a lot of RedCards a shift, it's all in how you sell it. Some people are natural sales people, and some just aren't. I have found in my years up front that the best performers are the ones who connect with the guest on a personal level, or have a simple conversation about the RedCard with them. It's what I do often times and I have success.... not as much as I want mind you but enough.

People do that? Wow

Yes. One of my friends works at a Target a couple of hours from mine, and she said that the GSAs and the cashiers play the system this way. How they haven't gotten caught is a mystery to me

It's crazy when I see a store has a 30 red card goal daily, or 70 weekly. My location must be super small, our weekly goal isn't even 30. In the low 20's if we're being optimistic.

How they haven't gotten caught is a mystery to me
We had a cashier who did that.
It took a while but they DID get caught & termed, along with the GSTL who condoned it.
Corp starts seeing a pattern & that's all it takes to get on their radar.

Ah, red cards... my eternal struggle. I've been at Target as a cashier for about 55 days now, and I've gotten four red cards. For a while there I wasn't getting any. (And I hate to admit it but three of those four asked ME before I even got the chance to give my little speech- I was so thrown off lol). Anyways, there's this one cashier who is straight up MONOTONE. Everything she says. The way she asks is so dull "are you interested in saving 5% every time..." and that little starter alone takes a solid 7 seconds to say, her speech is that slow and dreary. And yet I've witnessed her get four in ONE SHIFT. I swear, most people have their minds made up before they get into the line. I'm convinced it's all about luck. Regardless, I'm always focusing on getting that next sign up!

^The cashier can get termed pretty quick for that. It always comes back to you, Investigations has something that flags specifically those types of applications.
AGreeded. One time (i was told this atleast) that someone got 27 in one day and exactly as said happened - 000-00-0000!

It's crazy when I see a store has a 30 red card goal daily, or 70 weekly. My location must be super small, our weekly goal isn't even 30. In the low 20's if we're being optimistic.
Our weekly goal is usually in the hundreds, hahahahahah but we've been getting about five a day (so like 30 tops) usually. They used to allow 5% off EVERYONE who signs up no matter qualified or not, but they changed that now to you must use the red card and qualify.

Our weekly goal is usually in the hundreds, hahahahahah but we've been getting about five a day (so like 30 tops) usually. They used to allow 5% off EVERYONE who signs up no matter qualified or not, but they changed that now to you must use the red card and qualify.
Jesus christ, my store wishes 5 a day.

I think my store normally has a goal of 10-20 each day. Not sure if we make it everyday but its much more manageable than 50-100

I think my store normally has a goal of 10-20 each day. Not sure if we make it everyday but its much more manageable than 50-100
No one has a goal of 50 per day until 4th quarter, and even then it's probably just the really high volume stores. My store's peak week will probably still be under 150, so ~20 per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back