Archived Is this a fire-able offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not related to store theft, but police are called to a situation and the AP Team Member goes outside the building with the intention to ID the subject towards police. First offense, nothing has ever happened that should of got them in trouble. Never written up or come close to being fired.

LOL ok sorry

-Team Member calls 911 because of a non-shoplifting related incident
-AP team member goes outside the building with the intention to ID the subject to police

is that fireable offense

LOL ok sorry

-Team Member calls 911 because of a non-shoplifting related incident
-AP team member goes outside the building with the intention to ID the subject to police

is that fireable offense

I believe the latest AP directives are not to follow suspects outside of the store. Especially a TPS.

I believe the latest AP directives are not to follow suspects outside of the store. Especially a TPS.
We are allowed to exit the building to assist LE so long as the scene/situation is safe and in the best interest of the company, and LE is on the scene. If by "ID subject" the OP means walking over and being like "Yeah, thats the guy." after the subject is in custody, no problem. If the subject is not yet in custody, that's an issue.

We are allowed to exit the building to assist LE so long as the scene/situation is safe and in the best interest of the company, and LE is on the scene. If by "ID subject" the OP means walking over and being like "Yeah, thats the guy." after the subject is in custody, no problem. If the subject is not yet in custody, that's an issue.
I've jumped into the back of a police car on many occasions to ID a subject. Doesn't matter what they did as long as I witnessed it....theft, script fraud, property damage, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back