Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Maybe I'm just being anal, but does anyone else absolutely hate when people shop off of your metro rack/smart cart when you're trying to work out pulls? Today I had someone literally reach over my shoulder to grab a package of blackberries off of my metro rack. If you would just calm your tits and wait for me to inspect the product and put it on the shelf and not invade my personal space, that would be lovely. Or you could even utilize manners and ask if you could grab one; that's totally fine. Sheesh...

We have so much Freezer backstock at our store,, we are about 1 and 1/2 days behind on the truck push, we just started to rent a FREEZER TRUCK to keep all the freezer Pallets that we never finish pushing from the deliveries. I overheard that it cost over $1,000 per day to rent this freezer truck, wow, Target is willing to pay for a truck but not willing to pay employees to push the truck push into the freezers on the floor, where most of it will fit.

We had a freezer truck for about a year and a half; yes, Target paid almost half a million dollars to keep this truck at our store. We mainly stored our pallets to be worked after an order, our milk, and our turkeys and hams on it. When they decided to take it away was when our stock in our freezers and fridges became more manageable somehow.

Maybe I'm just being anal, but does anyone else absolutely hate when people shop off of your metro rack/smart cart when you're trying to work out pulls? Today I had someone literally reach over my shoulder to grab a package of blackberries off of my metro rack. If you would just calm your tits and wait for me to inspect the product and put it on the shelf and not invade my personal space, that would be lovely. Or you could even utilize manners and ask if you could grab one; that's totally fine. Sheesh...

You know I'm the qmosqueen so if a guest takes something off my cart it is probably qmos.... so go ahead and take that garbage guest, eat at your own risk. I already pulled it off the shelf and put it on my cart to be qmos'd and the guest take it and put it in their cart. Le'ts hope a cashier doesn't see that mold on those strawberries and guest ends up buying them. oh, then they will call in and complain we don't inspect our produce and demand a full refund plus more. lol.

So is mine the only store that doesn't push metro racks out to the floor? We have those silver double-decker mini flats/carts that we put the white WACO's on. We have two for produce and one for meat (I'm campaigning to get another one for meat though so we have a place to put backstock without mixing it up with the push). Freezer and dairy go on regular three-tiers.

We have so much Freezer backstock at our store,, we are about 1 and 1/2 days behind on the truck push, we just started to rent a FREEZER TRUCK to keep all the freezer Pallets that we never finish pushing from the deliveries. I overheard that it cost over $1,000 per day to rent this freezer truck, wow, Target is willing to pay for a truck but not willing to pay employees to push the truck push into the freezers on the floor, where most of it will fit. Our freezers on the floor are so sooo empty, I should take a picture and post it for all to see, but am afraid AP will catch me. We have only managed to get meat, dairy and some produce pushed each truck day. I feel that the freezers are an after-thought, like after-Christmas.

Does anyone else have left over PFresh truck push from 2 deliveries ago ??

We had Tuesday delivery left until yesterday morning. We had some sort of visit yesterday so they threw a bunch of people over there to attempt to get it all done, and very nearly succeeded.

Another day with a late truck. A 16 pallet truck. Who knows when this one will get done. Ugh.

Another day with a late truck. A 16 pallet truck. Who knows when this one will get done. Ugh.

don't let those late trucks get you down. Somehow at our store even late trucks seem to get done before the next one. Except right now we have 4 feezer pallets sitting in a freezer truck, other than that all the other pfresh truck is complete. I don't worry about that freezer stuff, it's part of logistics and they will have to answer to that. I always get my pallets (ambient, meat, milk) and produce pushed because that is what I as a PA is held accountable for, the rest (freezer and dairy can sit) and logistics will have to answer to that. I just wish the $1,000 per day going on 10 days now would come out of logistics ETLs pay.

At my overnight store, our P-Fresh truck didn't come until after the store opened yesterday. Since flow was long gone, everyone on the sales floor who was P-Fresh-trained had to help push the truck, and who knows if any of the backstock was done - as it is, there was a ton of GM backstock.

You know I'm the qmosqueen so if a guest takes something off my cart it is probably qmos.... so go ahead and take that garbage guest, eat at your own risk. I already pulled it off the shelf and put it on my cart to be qmos'd and the guest take it and put it in their cart. Le'ts hope a cashier doesn't see that mold on those strawberries and guest ends up buying them. oh, then they will call in and complain we don't inspect our produce and demand a full refund plus more. lol.

This is such an irritation. It happens to me all the time. 3 out of 4 just grab whatever they want. The 1/4 of people ask if they can grab said product. Like all market team members, I cull as I push. Which means I put any bad product on my cart to qmos. So taking that product and complaining its bad later is your own damn fault.

At my overnight store, our P-Fresh truck didn't come until after the store opened yesterday. Since flow was long gone, everyone on the sales floor who was P-Fresh-trained had to help push the truck, and who knows if any of the backstock was done - as it is, there was a ton of GM backstock.

My store is a 4am store. Since early November, the early morning team has been coming in at 2am. Since that change, the p fresh truck has never once been push and backstocked on the same day like it is supposed to be. It is more many reasons. They didnt hire enough seasonal flow and backroom TMs. They didnt adjust when the p fresh truck arrives (it comes between 4am and 630am) when they are still coming in at 2am. They also dont prioritize p fresh trucks when they arrive. They think the GM truck is more important.

This past Saturday, we had a 10 pallet truck (we usually get 8). It was scheduled to arrive at 630am and it did. The flow/logistic leaders only put 2 flow team members to push the truck. They also made my CTL run the truck. 3 people, 10 pallets. These were huge pallets. So 3 frozen sat until the next day.

WHEN is management going to wise up and do best practice with PFResh truck push. IT IS A PRIORITY !!!!! do you understand this ???? PLEASE SOMEONE from corporate get with ALL the PFResh stores and demand logistics get this truck done first way way before sorting HBA or cosmetics, damn i see 3 flow TMs sorting HBA when we our pushing PFresh truck. Send them over and get the truck done ASAP... the more TMs pushing the truck the sooner it will get done and the TMs can go back to doing the GM truck. What does it take to get this through all the Logsitics TLs and ETLs and all the STLs ??? 10 flow TMs to push a 10 pallet truck will get done in no time, don't give me 4 TMs for 4 hours you will always have leftover truck push.

Last edited:

This is such an irritation. It happens to me all the time. 3 out of 4 just grab whatever they want. The 1/4 of people ask if they can grab said product. Like all market team members, I cull as I push. Which means I put any bad product on my cart to qmos. So taking that product and complaining its bad later is your own damn fault.

My store is a 4am store. Since early November, the early morning team has been coming in at 2am. Since that change, the p fresh truck has never once been push and backstocked on the same day like it is supposed to be. It is more many reasons. They didnt hire enough seasonal flow and backroom TMs. They didnt adjust when the p fresh truck arrives (it comes between 4am and 630am) when they are still coming in at 2am. They also dont prioritize p fresh trucks when they arrive. They think the GM truck is more important.

This past Saturday, we had a 10 pallet truck (we usually get 8). It was scheduled to arrive at 630am and it did. The flow/logistic leaders only put 2 flow team members to push the truck. They also made my CTL run the truck. 3 people, 10 pallets. These were huge pallets. So 3 frozen sat until the next day.

WHEN is management going to wise up and do best practice with PFResh truck push. IT IS A PRIORITY !!!!! do you understand this ???? PLEASE SOMEONE from corporate get with ALL the PFResh stores and demand logistics get this truck done first way way before sorting HBA or cosmetics, damn i see 3 flow TMs sorting HBA when we our pushing PFresh truck. Send them over and get the truck done ASAP... the more TMs pushing the truck the sooner it will get done and the TMs can go back to doing the GM truck. What does it take to get this through all the Logsitics TLs and ETLs and all the STLs ??? 10 flow TMs to push a 10 pallet truck will get done in no time, don't give me 4 TMs for 4 hours you will always have leftover truck push.

At my store flow does not push pfresh. We have a separate pfresh team (4 or 5 people usually) that comes to push it and backstock it. They are usually scheduled under logistics zone.

I feel like I work at the only Target in the country who follows best practices regarding PFresh and food trucks. We're getting a new STL soon so I just hope it continues. The ETL who filled in as STL while we were in limbo has always stood up for us though, so hopefully we'll be safe. You know how every STL has their own (and not always right) way of doing things...

Just hang in there, guys! It's frustrating I know, but at the end of the day you can only do what you can with the time you've been given.

I feel like I work at the only Target in the country who follows best practices regarding PFresh and food trucks. We're getting a new STL soon so I just hope it continues. The ETL who filled in as STL while we were in limbo has always stood up for us though, so hopefully we'll be safe. You know how every STL has their own (and not always right) way of doing things...

Just hang in there, guys! It's frustrating I know, but at the end of the day you can only do what you can with the time you've been given.

That last comment. We have been saying this so much lately. I still have push from SATURDAY's truck left. I was almost in tears yesterday morning because of my ETL-LOG and how much truck they wanted me to do on top of the massive autofills. Almost in tears again today. My CTL took one look at my face when we crossed paths and told me to go home & have a drink. CTL & ETL-HL are beyond pissed at my store. Almost cried & said I've been trying & working my ass off. CTL said they know and just keep doing what we've been doing, it's that other people aren't being held accountable. ETL-LOG didn't even bother to check & see how much truck was left today and thought it was done. Wasn't too happy to hear me say yeah no several pallets left. I of course got to give the bad news to the ETLs for LOG and HL at same time. So it was amusing to see the ETL for HL start to tear into the ETL for LOG. Our closing PA even started to lay into him a bit (they had just walked in, hadn't clocked in yet.). Great times.

Also, anyone else only get the meat we order (fresh cut, specialty) on the latest truck?

Also, anyone else only get the meat we order (fresh cut, specialty) on the latest truck?

I saw something on the Meat message board about that this morning. Something about how an order issue prevented ground beef and chicken from arriving to C&S stores on Tuesday, but inventory should be flowing by Wednesday-Friday. Pretty generic answer to a significant problem...

I saw something on the Meat message board about that this morning. Something about how an order issue prevented ground beef and chicken from arriving to C&S stores on Tuesday, but inventory should be flowing by Wednesday-Friday. Pretty generic answer to a significant problem...

Uh yeah. So glad I'm off today & don't have to worry about dealing with people being pissed off at the lack of meat. I admit though, gave me a nice chance to research a lot of the meat & get our counts right.

Uh yeah. So glad I'm off today & don't have to worry about dealing with people being pissed off at the lack of meat. I admit though, gave me a nice chance to research a lot of the meat & get our counts right.

It seemed like we got most of our stuff normally today and Monday, so I wonder if it was just Tues-Thurs-Sat truck stores that were affected? We're MWF with C&S.

It seemed like we got most of our stuff normally today and Monday, so I wonder if it was just Tues-Thurs-Sat truck stores that were affected? We're MWF with C&S.

Hm. Must have been. Damn C&S.

No ground meat/chicken again today :(

Same. We didnt get any Tuesday either. I wish target would make a sign so we can put it up explaining to the customers what happened to all the ground beef and chicken.

"Dear guests, we are not a grocery store and our buyers kind of suck. Sorry about that. Would you like to save 5% on...errrr....wait. Sorry."

Do any of you guys still do Freshness Friday at your store? That has completely fallen by the wayside for us, and I wish we would reincorporate it to our huddles. Never thought it was fair that they'll smart huddle or PTM everywhere else in the store, or fold tables in softlines, but consumables is completely forgotten about anymore. We haven't done it since the beginning of the summer, now that I think about it.

Do any of you guys still do Freshness Friday at your store? That has completely fallen by the wayside for us, and I wish we would reincorporate it to our huddles. Never thought it was fair that they'll smart huddle or PTM everywhere else in the store, or fold tables in softlines, but consumables is completely forgotten about anymore. We haven't done it since the beginning of the summer, now that I think about it.

I always liked Freshness Friday.
At our store they would give a gift card for the oldest date or most (if we did dented cans).
It became a wonderful team building exercise and scavenger hunt.
Best huddles ever.

We usually do, although with seasonal being such a mess & always having PALLETS of PTM lately, it has fallen by the wayside. Hoping it comes back soon. I miss it.

I wonder if I can talk our ETL into bringing it back. I don't think dry market has been combed for outdates since we got our Pfresh, besides when our CTL closes on his weekend rotation. That gift card incentive is a great idea too!

we got ground meat, chicken, jennie-o-turkey, spinach and baby spinach along with organic salads Saturday !!! yeah makes me happy. Just wish that the truck from Saturday was finished.

We get a truck Tues, Thursdday & Saturday.
Place order: Sunday for Tues. delivery,,, Tuesday for Thursday delivery,,, and Thursday for Saturday delivery.

does anyone else have to order this week on Monday December 23rd for Thursday dec. 26th delivery ???
I think this is due to the Holiday (Christmas) and C&S will be close, they will pull and put pallets on the truck Tues for Thursday delivery.

Last edited:
Back