Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Did anyone set their pasta aisle transition? My backroom is full of new stuffs and looks horrible . People have put pasta sauces ( that too now being caseless)till the top most shelf.. I’m thinking of the day when they set the aisle and it’s my turn to pull those things .😓
I would think that it might be ok to backstock casepacks for an upcoming transition. I would discuss this with my lead first and if he is on-board with it then ask an ETL or SD.

Last edited:
Yeah we have our canned beans/veggie items back stocked on a case but without plastic wrap. Etl is ok with it. But still that’s more organized and helpful . They should have done the same with pasta sauce too !!

Most Districts at this point don't even want transition in cases, or at the very least as little as possible. I completely approve of the caseless backroom plan, but for transition you should be allowed casepacks - makes it very easy to spot in the backroom too.

Curious how other stores are doing with their market 1 for 1 pulls. Are y'all able to complete them all? My store hasn't been able to complete ours.

Well my TL is an idiot. We have one person scheduled to pull AND push all the dry ones by themselves and one person pulls AND pushes all the cooler ones by themselves. We had a huge visit and the dry ones rolled a day. 2200 eaches...one person responsible....😐

I've been responsible for the bake, coffee, breakfast, cereal and candy aisles. 1 for 1s are normally close to 200 tasks for the 6 aisles and I've not been fully competing them due to management wanting us to get to truck faster. We just had inventory and the 1 for 1s jumped to almost 500 tasks. Surprisingly, I haven't been able to complete those either.

Glad to see people in the same boat . I also do the 1for 1s for dry grocery . We have me doing dry grocery pull and push and another TM doing all pfresh ones . We never finished our pulls since transition to myday app . Now a days all the dry grocery together comes around 900-950 tasks for me and the best day I was left with 250 tasks at the end of the day( if I work uninterrupted).
The best and efficient way seemed to be pulling by aisles instead of doing the whole batch .

Did anyone set their pasta aisle transition? My backroom is full of new stuffs and looks horrible . People have put pasta sauces ( that too now being caseless)till the top most shelf.. I’m thinking of the day when they set the aisle and it’s my turn to pull those things .😓
We set it on the 6th. It was so nice to demerch and fix all of the flexing that happened cause of COVID. Being a Super, our backroom is still pretty full even with both POG OFOs pulled. But good news is, all decode is out of the backroom.

Well my TL is an idiot. We have one person scheduled to pull AND push all the dry ones by themselves and one person pulls AND pushes all the cooler ones by themselves. We had a huge visit and the dry ones rolled a day. 2200 eaches...one person responsible....😐
I hear ya. Visits are counter productive.

Glad to see people in the same boat . I also do the 1for 1s for dry grocery . We have me doing dry grocery pull and push and another TM doing all pfresh ones . We never finished our pulls since transition to myday app . Now a days all the dry grocery together comes around 900-950 tasks for me and the best day I was left with 250 tasks at the end of the day( if I work uninterrupted).
The best and efficient way seemed to be pulling by aisles instead of doing the whole batch .
Same here. We pull outs first and then by aisle. And we were also completing our batches prior to the MyDay app. Now on a good day we get through at best half of our pulls. No changes in staff or hours. I don't get it.

Then main problem is our Etl makes the inbound team do half of the market uboats immediately after unloading . They have to do it fast and many of them hates back stocking .
I don’t know if it’s them or our team itself, I am seeing rice with oatmeal, boxes of cereal hiding in odd places , salsa with pasta sauce . Different products under one label and many more . It’s happening recently so I wonder if it’sthe act of some newly hired . I don’t know ! It’s just mess.
Our inbound team pushes market when we have a double or if dry is heavy because push wasn't completed the days prior. We're glad to have the help, but they never push to 2nd locations and unload only half of the uboat when no ones looking because they're pressured to work fast and get it done. Our inbound doesn't backstock. They drop the uboats off in the back at the valleys and call it a day.

We set it on the 6th. It was so nice to demerch and fix all of the flexing that happened cause of COVID. Being a Super, our backroom is still pretty full even with both POG OFOs pulled. But good news is, all decode is out of the backroom.
We had all the g&g transitions done except pasta and sauce .looks better now getting out all those cans of tomato sauce !!

we are planning to have our evening team( if any) to zone and correct the floor counts or any errors they notice. For us , it would bring some of those pull numbers go down.

We are pulling by biggest aisle to smallest. Idk how we went from 400 to 700 a day.

Yeah I felt the same. At first the tasks seemed manageable. But since a week or so , it’s going huge like crazy. Feeling lot of dissatisfaction!! Also, the false ties !!! Sometimes I have to reset a side cap which was tied and never set.Then tms call out leading to pushing truck too. Hope this hiring event brings some good helping hands !!

I know ASANTS, but how are your hours for this week? None of us in dry are scheduled more than 4.5hours a shift at a pfresh. I can't get my workload done and I'm supposed to set pasta.
Our hours for whatever reason were cut back. I was given one day to complete the cereal revisions & sauce/pasta transitions. 😣 I completed them over the course of three days, while also training a new hire, working 1 for 1s and pushing dry. The sauce/pasta set is a big deal with the addition of Good & Gather. If I were you I'd put my focus on getting that done. It took me a couple of hours to set the sauces, but only 15 minutes or so to complete the pasta. It took me awhile to do the sauce set because we had flexed a good bit of the sauces, but pasta was left bare.

Anybody get a visit from their food and beverage coordinator yet? I think they're supposed to be introducing themselves this week and the next to stores.

Curious what they're going to be "teaching" us and if they'll actually have answers to questions that nobody does. (Vendor issues, order issues, etc.)

Anybody get a visit from their food and beverage coordinator yet? I think they're supposed to be introducing themselves this week and the next to stores.

Curious what they're going to be "teaching" us and if they'll actually have answers to questions that nobody does. (Vendor issues, order issues, etc.)
or why TF we have a pallet of corn?!?!? yeah I am still salty on that

Ours rolled in this week. I didn’t hear anything in person but I did see some notes. And some things were just silly.

Like home locations should be priority. Whereas they had vendor product on an island and the islands filled with the lunchables and whatnot and the home location on the aisle was light. Like ok so you’re telling me to leave an island you can see from the curb empty and fill up something down an aisle. And the bigger problem of it all is the DC/FDC doesn’t give us enough product to keep it all full. And our food director never got on them to send us more.

Spent half a year trying to get them to send us enough meat to keep up with normal sales last year. Now in covid times and whatnot psh.

Just another idea to give someone a job and they needed to make it company wide.

Back